South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 01:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Default question from newbie on the beach

I have the book. I've read it all. I've been hangin around reading the threads for a few weeks. I have the lists from the book. Here's my question:

The menus for phase 1 are nothing but egg variations for breakfast. Sorry, but I did Atkins all spring and part of summer and I just don't think I can look another egg in the face more than once or twice in these first two weeks. I want to start on Monday... any breakfast suggestions for me? I better add, I take breakfast to work with me as I feel nauseaus (sp??) if I eat early in morning.

thanks girls! This diet reminds me of the old (late 70's version of WW.. I lost 45 pounds on it back in 78). I think this is a good plan for me.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:10 AM   #2  
Mous

Here are a couple sites that other members have posted that they like.

http://forums.prevention.com/thread...40&thread=16991

http://pub46.************/frecipeexchange11667frm58

Lady
Old 09-14-2003, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Judomom and welcoem to the Beach.

As an experienced dieter, you will appreciate the no counting aspects of this one.

Breakfast can be a drag with eggs all the time but remember the menus are simply suggestions! You can eat whatever you want from the suggested list of foods. I sometimes eat meat from the previous night's dinner, have cheese in celery or - today - a serving of roasted chick peas. And then there are protein shakes you make yourself with protein powder not the Frankenfood ones which can cause stalls.

Take a look through the Recipe section for ideas.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:03 AM   #4  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

lady windsong-hugs kisses and more hugs. I have been killing myself the last few days with a need for something different.

There were tons of sweets from the public in the station and I shake as I think of really really wanting to have some. I didn't.

Now I can make something and be able to have some thing good!!!

THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruth-how do you make your own protein drinks? I am faced with a liquid diet for a few more days and need something to supplement my meager fare!

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hey Ladies!! thanks so much! I wasn't sure if protein drinks were allowed, or anything else from the lists for breakfast.

I wish he had said so in the book. When I looked at the menus and saw all eggs, I guess that's why I assumed it had to be eggs.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I put a cup of cold water in the blender, add two heaping teaspoons of unflavoured protein powder, two egg whites or one egg (the pasteurized liquid stuff), some sf Jello or Crystal Lite and then zap it. I sometimes throw in cottage cheese for extra protein and will add berries with Splenda instead of the Jello or CL when I am eating Phase 2 style. You can also add Fiber 1 cereal to this if you need it!
Poor Frannymae! this too shall pass.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:54 AM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruth, thanks for the speedy reply...I will have to get to the store and see if I can find protein powder. DH bought me some Atkin's stuff...so I will try that in the meantime. Thanks for the good thoughts, too!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #9  
Peace with body and soul

Ruth, would you mind sharing some details about your protein powder? What brand is it and how many gms of protein per serving? I'm looking for one to replace my previous whey protein powder and an unflavored one would be excellent and easy to mix w/more food than is why protein.

Thank you.
Closed Thread