South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 07:48 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Think Thin Challenge-Day 16

Good morning, troops!

Your challenge for today is to check out a terrific website that has a ton of thin thinking ideas:

http://www.scaleitdown.com/

I stumbled onto this site while trying to do a bit of research for todays challenge (as my DD says, "The secret of creativity is hiding your sources!" ) I was dumbfounded to find a wealth of information on the very topic we have been discussing this week! You HAVE to check this site out! It isn't a DIET site, but a site that talks a lot about weight loss as a journey and the way you can successfully attain your goals. My kind of thinking!

Deets, your Chinese dinner sounds yummy, and totally OP...good thinking!

Nikki-45 minutes before work! WTG...I know you are in the exercise groove!

Ellis-hope your muscles are rested, dear! And what, pray tell, are "chicken balls?" Is that another Canadian delicacy that we poor neighbors to the South have to live without? Am I glad we don't have them?

Koala- you are hearby awarded the Meritorious Thin Thinking Medal! Looking at exercise as something MORE than just a tool for weightloss is a HUGE step in the right direction!

How are you all doing with the "trinity?" Remember? FOOD, EXERCISE, WATER?

The past couple of days have posed a challenge to me foodwise. Not sure I am eating enough, and certain I am not eating the right things. Don't worry, Sarge hasn't gone over to the other side, but I can't eat a lot of food that I SHOULD be, and WANT to be eating! I want a salad! (Now those are words I NEVER thought would cross my lips! )

Chewing is such hard work that I have opted for soft, mushy food, and am already terribly bored. Gotta fix that somehow.

I hope this week's Think Thin Challenge has given you some ideas about where your thought process is...and where you should be going!

What should we focus on next week? The trinity? Exercise? I'm opening the floor up to suggestions!

Day 15 Activity- 50 min (30 cardio/20 weights)

Group activity for the week-1110!!! WE WENT OVER 1000! Yeah for us!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:23 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm a wipe-out this week on the challenge. My toe has kind of kept me from the exercise bit of the Trinity. Ju-jubes knocked me off the food part and I really have not been glugging water.
No excuses except life got in the way.

However, today I will get out the Body Flex stuff. That exercise can be done on my butt. Food is planned and I'll do my very best to drink more water.

I hope everyone is enjoying this thread as I am. I will be back on track as soon as life settles down.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Franny, I'm checking it out right now... thanks!!

Chicken balls are very very bad. I suspect that your mind is running along dirty lines, but they're just white chicken meat breaded and baked in the oven. I ate a ton of them. There are more in the freezer, and I'm trying not to think about them.

I have been doing SO badly. And no one can help... it has to come from me. curses. I don't know how to get myself out of this rut. I think I'm just really tired. I started taking vitamins this morning... hopefully that'll help a little.

I had a really good weight workout at the gym this morning. My muscles were still sore from Wednesday, but I think they got a shock this morning at being put to use again, and they're quietening down a bit.

I'm enjoying this thread, too, Ruth... thank you, Franny!!
Ruth, I hope your toe is better soon. Take good care of yourself... and sweet Harry.

Maybe I'll look for some "before and after" stories with pictures. That always inspires me...

Have a wonderful day, girls!!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Ellis sweetie...SNAP OUT OF IT! yeah right I should talk

Ruth~ sorry to hear of your toe...did you tape it? It usually helps me if I tape it to the next toe, so its not just flopping around. continued prayers for you & your dh.

Franny~ Glad to hear your hanging in there hun I think an exercise pep talk would be great!

I have done good with food & water but exercise......now thats another story
Old 09-12-2003, 12:02 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, sflake, I not only taped it, I splinted it with a piece of plastic cut from venetian blind! Now it doesn't hurt to walk although I am going to rest it for today anyhow.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:39 PM   #6  
Imagine...

LMAO Ruth you are one resourceful chick...blinds for your toe and an equal tablet for Harry.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:25 PM   #7  

Frannymae, that is a GREAT website! I think one could easily spend an hour or more absorbing all that info! Thanks for the tip!

What if you were to put your salad ingredients into the food processor? It may not be appetizing, but you could "drink" your vitamins? Not the same as juicing, since you wouldn't be pulverizing it completely, and the quantities of each veggie would be smaller. Just an idea. (That seems to be one great thing about this board, it allows for brainstorming!

What if we take one of the Trinity each week for the next three weeks? Water first? Maybe we could each see what we can search for and come up with? Like, that e-mail that went around a couple of years ago that compared Coke to water, and how bad Coke is?

I came across a website this week that listed 124 things wrong with sugar (as in, potential health problems); I was thinking about posting 10 of those daily . . .
Old 09-12-2003, 01:33 PM   #8  

Default P.S. NSV

I've been sharing a little with you guys about my frustration with succumbing to cravings, and overeating at home in the evenings. I FINALLY realized that, if I'm in Phase 2, I need to start eating good carbs daily. DUH! (and good carbs include more than whole grain bread) And, I was eating rather lightly during the day, so when I got home, I'm starved and eat too much. So yesterday, I ate OP, had an apple and a few peas, and today, my water weight had regained a couple of pounds. BUT I'm not going to get discouraged, because I know I'm eating healthier, and if I can get through a day without sugar and white flour, I have succeeded. And my scales today are not reflective of what they will be in 6 days, when I "succeed" daily.

YAY! Thanks for all your support, guys! Love you!

Tricia
Old 09-12-2003, 05:51 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Evening, all! Just checking in before I get busy with exercise. I really don't feel much like it today, but I know I will feel much better if I get moving!

Ruthie-Oh my...life really did get in your way this week! You'll get back to your routine soon, just give your toe (and the rest of you!) time!

Ellis-dirty lines, indeed! Who, me? Actually I thought maybe it was some kind of meat ball made with chicken meat. It sounds like what we would call a chicken nugget, and if that is the case I don't feel left out at all! Glad to hear you were able to have a good work out this morning. Just concentrate on your successes...and don't give up! Tomorrow is a new day, a chance to reevaluate what you have been doing...toss what you don't like, keep what you do like. I love seeing before and after pics and reading success stories. Not only is it inspirational, but it is a great way to get some ideas about how to stay motivated.

sflake, I think we will start talking more about exercise or activity and how to incorporate it into our lives. It is such a challenge for most of us! Maybe the group approach will help!

Lavender-Salad in the blender, huh? Ewwwww....Yuck....Ackkkk! I just don't think I can go that route! It is all about texture for me! I'll have to make some soup that has all my veggies in it! That would be a lot more palatable that Salad Soup!

I like your idea about doing a week each of the parts of the trinity...starting with exercise! We can all hunt for good info about the psychology of exercise and how to make it part of our lives and report back?

Great job evaluating your craving problem! That can be so tough sometimes...it is hard to figure out what we are doing that is causing the problems! Excellent attitude, too! It is much better to think in terms of eating healthy than worrying about what the scale will say.

So, next week we will dive right into exercise. If you get a chance, see what you can find about the topic that you can share with us!
Old 09-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #10  

Tee hee! "Food Processed Salad" didn't sound very appetizing to me either . . . Hey, at least I'm using my brain, huh?

Tricia
Old 09-12-2003, 09:36 PM   #11  

Default question about the think thin challenge

i have been reading about the think thin challenge and was interested to know what was going on with that and what it was all about...just to let you all know...god is looking down on me because i lost 5 1/2 pounds this week...well thanks again and i am very interested in finding out about the think think challenge
Old 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM   #12  

Didn't have time to post earlier ... crazy life, hectic, hectic ...

Didn't quite make the trinity today ... went out for Chinese and went WAY overboard ... back on track tomorrow!!!

Exercise time for your count Franny .... 45 minutes on the treadmill before work, tonight at the gym 30 minutes weights and 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer ...

Didn't have much time to check out the website but did read thru a little ... saved to favorites so I can check it out when I have more time (which should be by next weekend!!!)

At the beginning of the week Franny challenged us to "throw away" our scales ... I did not get on the scale all week. I'm going to weigh Sunday or Monday ... kind of like staying away from that pesky piece of machinery!!! At least I didn't depress myself!!!

Lavender ... on Phase II ... eating an apple in the morning and NO bread yet ... don't have the desire for it ... and an occasional yogurt or Uncle Sam's w/berries for breakfast ... works for me ...

Ruth, last year my BF's cat broke his leg ... instead of taking it to the vet BF used a popsicle stick and tape to make a splint ... worked like a charm and the stupid evil cat was climbing onto and ripping apart every piece of furniture in the house like nothing ever happened ...

Ellis ... hmmm, chicken balls and bridge mix ... great job on the exercise ...

Have a good tomorrow ladies ... probably won't check in til late afternoon or evening ...
Old 09-13-2003, 08:39 AM   #13  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Re: question about the think thin challenge

Quote:
Originally posted by kiki22702
i have been reading about the think thin challenge and was interested to know what was going on with that and what it was all about...just to let you all know...god is looking down on me because i lost 5 1/2 pounds this week...well thanks again and i am very interested in finding out about the think think challenge
Kiki, the Think Thin Challenge was part of an ongoing Boot Camp Challenge we started to, well....get our butts in gear! A lot of us were having problems staying OP and making good choices consistantly, so we banded together for a little tuff love!

Anyone is more than welcome to join in! I started keeping track of exercise/activity minutes so we can see how the group is doing with that ascpect of our journey. This past week we talked a lot about the mental parts...in other words, thinking thin.

Next week I think we are going to concentrate on exercise...how to get it, how much is enough, what works, how to stay motivated...all that fun stuff! Hope you'll join us!
Old 09-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #14  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Reporting for duty, Sergeant Franny!!!

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday (see daily for reason).

I can't wait to check out the website you mentioned. And I am ready to put in my hour in the gym today. A half hour of cardiac, and a half hour of weights. Tally me up, Franny!

You are my Guru, Franny, and my motivation to get my butt into gear each day. Thank you for posting daily! I love and NEED the encouragement of each and every one of you!

Ellis......I wondered about those Chicken Balls, too! Do you think we could lighten them up a bit and eliminate the breading??? They sound delish!!!!

Gotta get out of here and head for the gym before I lose interest. Talk later........~Sharon
Old 09-13-2003, 05:30 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey! Where's Franny? Is this Day 17, or am I losin' it?

Sharon, I have a terrible passion for those trashy sweet and sour chicken balls that you get at "Chinese" restaurants. DH and I call them "red balls". I guess these remind me of them... I MUST stop buying them. I bought them for the kids for an easy meal on busy nights, but Mom here seems to be doing a pretty good job on them.
Hugs and prayers for you and your niece. I'm so very sorry about her situation.

Nikki, did you have red balls?
Hey, good going with the exercise, hon!!!

Kikki, congratulations on the weight loss!!

Oh, Lavender. I almost heaved when I read your suggestion to Franny about "blenderizing" her salad. You're too funny.

Sflake... next week is EXERCISE week!! Did you hear me? exercise

Franny, I've found some inspiring sites... now where did I put them...
Closed Thread