South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Yesterday was extremely long. Mom had two appointments which took forever then we had many errands. I didn't get home until almost 7. Kirk wanted me to come over but I work tomorrow. At first I thought about it then decided not to. It's snowing up above and I didn't want to get in a pickle getting back. I will move forward with my chores today, work tomorrow then do all my packing for my trip on Saturday. We were going to enjoy Thai food for lunch but ended up at the hospital cafeteria. I made a big salad and it was the best meal. Mom and sis were not so happy with their choices.

Jennifer, glad to hear from you. Some very dear women friends from Alaska will be in NYC. They are a peaceful group so you probably wont see them. Best wishes as you head into these few days.

Ruth, hope you got some rest yesterday.

Rose, can't believe DD2 will be in HS. Nice to hear DD1 is joining you in eating healthy.

Beth, I hope the roads are better today. Best wishes as you handle your parents' taxes. This year will probably be the hardest.

OK, I'm headed down to clean the living room carpet. We've had a pee problem going on which I suspect I "missed" when Kellie first arrived almost 4 months ago. I just got belly bands in the mail for both and they are adjusting quite well. They get a treat for both put on/take off. I hope it solves the issue. I need to get recycle loaded before the road crew comes and I have a few errands in town. It's warmish here which is nice.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! My d survived and my hubby is back home again. She's still not feeling great, but she's not as bad as she was that first day. Thank you tamiflu. She laid in bed in the hotel for 2 days while hubby gave her meds, watched tv, ran out for drinks and food. Just having him there just let her relax and sleep more. Who knows, she'll probably drag herself out this weekend - she does not like missing out on potential fun...FOMO...fear of missing out.

As for flooring - we redid my old basement in ceramic tile that looked like hardwood. It was really pretty and practical.

jekel - my son started mec eng and ended up switching to comp sci. All gobbeldy gook as far as I can tell - lol Thank goodness there is room for all of us here because we'd be dead if you relied on me for any kind of math/science skills and know how.

And I made my first goal!! I wanted to lose 15lbs by today. I am going to a ball tonight. It was looking dicey, but not only did I make it, I lost an extra pound as well! I'm now down 16! Woohooo...on the skinny train now. Though I always seem to say - when I lose the next 5, that's when I can say it's real weight loss. I lost 2.6 this week. It's the strangest thing, I eat nearly the same stuff and the same calorie range every week. One week I'll lose .6 another, and this is the most I've lost on ph 2 at 2.6 It goes to show it's not just numbers, the body is a complex thing.

How do you all put those fancy weight loss trackers on your posts?
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am at work already had an early meeting so had to fly out of the house this morning. DD2 is going to be put into Honors English and Math next year, she decided on art and chorus for her electives. I think that will be a good balance. The scale went down again so I think I have eating under control again and should finish up my weight loss goals this year and move into maintenance mode in a few months.

Jekel sounds like John's floor looks nice. I have decided to wait until after we get back from visiting my parents to do the floor, our doggie has accidents almost every night in the kitchen and don't want to take a chance that it might sit for a while, she tends to miss the pee pad or only hit it partially. My thoughts will be with you this weekend, I am praying for peaceful protests.

Debbie what is a belly band? Does it help with accidents? We take our doggy for a walk late in the evening and she still will sometimes have an accident. Hope you have fun on this trip

Amy congrats on hitting your goal, you will find that some weeks you will not lose and then the next week you will get a swoosh as you go along.

Ruth being gentle to yourself is a great thing, takes time to heal.

Beth did the ice go away?

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late good morning after a good sleep. It's relatively mild out there so maybe the ice will start to melt away. Life looks a little brighter today in several ways. Moving my birthday bouquet to the desk helped.

I have a wee bit of sewing to do this morning and a "serious" medical appointment ahead of me this afternoon when Dr Jack goes over my bloodwork and gives me a lecture about blood testing and medication. I am Type 2 diabetic and have been in denial too long. In November he gave me heck and insisted I track and chart. Between Christmas stuff and Rob's death, it didn't happen. I am dreading today's appointment.

Amy, sure hope your DD recovers completely for the weekend. Your husband sounds like a gem and a good Dad. Enjoy the ball and be proud of yourself for reaching goal. (I'll look up the criteria for getting a ticker - it's based on days and number of posts.)

Jennifer, I hope and pray that the inauguration day goes well. Even up here in Canada, there are demonstrations planned.

Dogs are whimpering to go out. Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie do they make belly bands for grown ups???? I could use one at night lol. Up 3 times!!! Guess I am getting may water intake in lol. Have fun on your trip.

Pearlrose Mick used to miss the pad too. Fortunately Coconut is spot on and seems to only seem the wee wee pad after I go to bed. Guess he has something in common with me lol. Have fun at your parents. Congratulations on being so close to goal. You look great BTW.

Ruth I hope Dr. Jack wasn't too harsh. Just think about how much he will praise you when you get things under control. You will it just takes time and you had a lot going on to say the least.

Amy congratulations on reaching your first goal. Pearlrose is correct some weeks you not lose much in a week (maybe a small gain thanks to hormones lol) but then you will have weeks where you say "how did that happen??" Have a wonderful time at the ball. What is the ocassion?

Today I think I talked myself into a civilian complain (before my first cup of coffee). After I removed myself from the situation, I actually had a change of heart and apologized for being short with the individual. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but if not I'll deal with the consequences. Since I have no discipline on record I should only get a letter of instruction (counseling). Time will tell.

Counting the days until I am off Sunday....maybe I'll wear duct tape over my mouth tomorrow since I have to go the city for a meeting UGH.

Spend some quality time relaxing tonight.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks, just stopping to say hi.

Amy, congrats on reaching your first goal! Enjoy the ball.

Pearlrose, glad to hear your weight is going down. Maintenance is hard! Food is so available and so wrapped up in social occasions it can be hard to avoid it.

Jennifer, good luck staying quiet at your meeting, lol. I've always said I couldn't be a principal for that very reason; I'd be too blunt with the kids and their parents when they screwed up!

Have a good evening everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:33 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Up and at 'em today! Fortunately I work so don't have to watch tv. I'm trying to get a few things accomplished alongside my morning coffee. Smoothie is already made so all I have to do is pack my lunch and move the car down so I don't have to negotiate w/doggies up the steep stairs in the dark. Nothing else exciting to report except I had another day OP.

Amy, congrats on making your goal! Update us on the ball!

Jennifer, best wishes today!

Ruth, hope Dr. Jack had something nice to say...take care.

Rose, bellybands are different for male and female. They Velcro on and you put a pad inside. Both have started peeing on the LR carpet and it has to stop although the on and off is a pain. I'm giving it a try. Works for pee only lol

Beth, happy Friday!

OK, may try to clean the carpet before work....said I was going to do that yesterday.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Sure glad I know about belly bands for dogs. Never heard of them. Thanks, Debbie.

Things went OK with Dr Jack. He is such a sweetie! There was a slight improvement in my bloodwork and should be more next time which will be in three months. That takes us to mid-April when it will be real spring. (Yesterday I went out in regular shoes and a lighter coat because it was so mild.)

Amy, congrats on meeting your goal. I bet you looked and felt great at the ball.

Jennifer, I sometimes feel I should tape my mouth too. I hope your day goes well and the weekend too.

Rose, you must feel great to be so close to maintenance. I'd love to join you there but seem to be moving in the wrong direction. Weightloss gets much harder as you age.

Beth, hope you have enjoyed our mini-spring and that the ice is gone. My lane is still dangerously icy but the roads are OK. It's a nice little break before we hit the big February back to winter routine.

Going to Karen's tonight for one of our "family" dinners which is always fun. Then tomorrow night I'm doing the turkey dinner for cousin Lisa and her family. They will bring Angus which will delight my two who have really missed him this week. Trying to get back in control of my life and get back to my happy place.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Friday!

WFH day for me, tomorrow the temp is going up to 60, I think it is time to do something outside tomorrow maybe the Zoo or something.

Ruth glad it went well with Dr. Jack yesterday. I still have 10 lbs to go to hit maintenance mode so will have to work hard for the next few months to achieve it.

Amy how did the ball go?

Jennifer, it's hard sometimes not to say something, hope today goes well for everyone

Beth hope your ice is melted as well

Debbie I had to look up belly bands for female dogs on Amazon last night, I might buy some for blue to give it a try and see if it helps with her issue overnights.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Rose, bellybands.net
I read a lot of reviews before I ordered. And this company seems to be right on with the sizing.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Last night was fun, I got to hang out with some dear friends, got my hair and makeup done. Good time had by all. The dress I had chosen was having trouble with the zipper, hubby kept telling me it would catch and run of track, so he said, bring a back up dress with you just in case. Well, of course, the zipper completely broke - it zipped up, then completely pulled apart and was so off track it couldn't get fixed in the time we had. So, thankfully I did have another dress, it was hubby's favorite, but not mine, but there was nothing else to do about it.

Jennifer - I hope nothing comes of it. Sometimes it's harder than others to keep the lips zipped, dealing with the public can certainly have it's challenges at times.

I leave for vacation on Monday. I tried on a few things and I'm getting back into my vacation wear, we're going to the Caribbean, sun, warm air, beach, snorkeling - can't wait! I just love that clear water!

Question for the group - how did you pick your goal weight?
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Amy glad you had fun at the ball. When we went to my nephews wedding in Florida one our friend's forgot to pack her dress. Mind you everyone in her family (hubby and three grown kids) had what they needed, but she had an empty garment bag! Lol....As far as picking my goal, I just looked and realized I must have taken it off my profile, I wanted to weigh under 150. Granted I am tall at just under 5'10. I can weigh more and still be healthy. My WW goal was 147 (um a lifetime ago). Since I haven't really shrunk I thought 145 was good. It's a mental thing I like being less than 150. Currently I am between 1 to 2 pounds under goal. My body feels good (few aches and pains) when I keep my weight and food in check.

Ruth glad Dr Jack wasn't too harsh. Glad you had an improvement with your blood work. Enjoy your family dinner tomorrow.

Debbie hope work wasn't too busy but profitable. The news was on all day at work (no surprise there).

Beth glad you stopped by. I know your weekdays are quite long too.

Pearlrose enjoy the mild weather. Here I have been going out in a fleece. Which is wonderful this time of year.

Luckily I was able to call in to the meeting. The host advised none of the potential contractors responded. So it was more of a planning meeting. That conference call was immediately followed by one for tomorrow's march. Since I thought I was going to be in the city I didn't pack lunch. You guessed it I went overboard today. Being run down didn't help any either. So instead of making Sunday my "off day" I'll just make smart choices until next weekend. I also slacked on working out yesterday and today. I seem to get three days a month where I either mindlessly eat or am just exhausted. Hopefully after tomorrow I feel more like myself.

I did enjoy watching the parade tonight. What a great memory for all those who were in the parade today. I loved seeing the smiles on the kids faces. Brought a smile to mine.

Enjoy your evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chicks! Robotics tournament day today so I didn't get home until close to 8:00. The event is held at the local university and involves lots of stairs and running between 2 interconnected buildings. Just for fun I wore my pedometer and I had 13,000 steps when I came home. I guess that counts as today's exercise, lol.

Tomorrow DH and I take DS2 back to school. Long story short, DS injured his shoulder and can't drive so I will drive his car and DH will follow in ours. At least the weather looks decent.

Just about time to hit the hay; we are going to leave super early tomorrow.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote