South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default First Full Weekend of 2017 (Jan 7-8)

Good morning! I've got coffee if anyone needs any.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another super cold day, brrr. Last night I did car pool to drop and pick up DD2 and friends off at school for basketball game. Trying to mustard the energy to go out in the cold to go look at flooring so I can decide what I want to do for the kitchen floor.

Ruth so sorry for your loss
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #3  

Jennifer, I can make it here early on my day off too, lol! Glad DS is going back to school and I hope he is successful. Is today another day off for you?

Pearlrose, did you decide on flooring? We did ceramic tile in our kitchen a few years ago and I still love the pattern we chose! Now DH and I are discussing whether to do the rest of the kitchen. Of course, that ties into the "where do we want to retire?" discussion because the renovation will be mostly cosmetic if we are selling this house in the next 5 years.

Debbie, did you get much snow? I am SOOOOOO glad this week's storms missed us to the south. I don't know how those people live in the lake effect bands that regularly get storms measured in feet! Are you working today?

hnreese, msgooch, here is the link to another great website for recipes.
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/

Ruth,

I've got to do laundry and get groceries as well as pack away the tree since it is Epiphany weekend. Other than that I will probably get some extra rest to shake the rest of this cold. No exercise for a few more days.

Have a good weekend, chicks.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Woke at 4 to barking dogs, let them out, gave them a snack and went back to bed. Felt good. I think I am relieved that Rob's terrible pain has ended and we can move on. Thanks to all for your condolences.

Bruce and I discussed dinner and decided we'd stick to our original plan and did go out to dinner - not SBD compliant (Fish & Chips) but I did refuse their famous coconut cream pie. Today I will finally hit a grocery store for veggies and get back on plan. I also need to vacuum - if I can remember how. After fifteen years of non-shedding dogs, Angus the Springer is reminding me with lots of white fur - almost drifts. It's a Dyson Day!

Rose, I don't envy you getting a new kitchen floor. It's nice when it's done but was not a good couple of days with all five appliances moved into the diningroom. Great when it was finished though!

Jennifer, I meant to ask you what your son is studying at Community College. That's where I got my IT degree when I was in my 40s - best decision ever!

Beth, cold enough for you? Our community rink is finally ready and there is a game tonight. It'll be cold but I am on their Board and must bundle up and go down there to show support.

Hnreese and Mrs Gooch, there are tons of great recipes on this website but Kaylyn's kitchen has great ones too. My all time favourite is the Taco Bake from our own site and I think I will make it this weekend to have individual meals ready. It's hard to cook for just one person and I refuse to eat the same thing six days in a row. It freezes well. Add a salad and you're good to go.

Lots of barking in the yeard and I realized to pooches are probably cold. Time to let them in to ly by the stove and have another coffee.

Happy weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Ruth, I'm sorry for your loss. No matter the situation, it's never easy.

Thanks for the links. I try and shop and make a menu for 3 - 4 days at a time. I used to go weekly but the veggies turn too quickly if I'm not careful. I've been working on my sbd notebook/cookbook. Every time we make something we like we decide if it's something we want again - I put it in the notebook for easy reference. After a week or two doing this I hit a wall and said I better find food I like eating or I'll never make it. I was fine just having a salad with some kind of meat or taco soup that I made and froze until I wasn't. Then I never wanted to see it again. My husband is a gadget freak and he bought a sealer so after I make a batch of something he puts it in individual bags and seals it and freezes it. My outside freezer is full of homemade chicken and beef broth, soups and leftovers.

Yesterday my lunch was worthy of a 10 yo. I had peanut butter and apple slices on ww crackers and the strawberry vanilla shake from the sbd cookbook. I hadn't had peanut butter in so long!

Christmas is now officially packed away and the kids go back to college this weekend. They were good about just eating what we had, but it will be nice to just cook for the people on the plan.

My hubby looks awesome btw...he just put on a pair of 34 jeans, he's down 20 now. But 4 lbs a week sounds great, I'm a little concerned that's too fast, but if it were me I'd be all over it too.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #6  

msgooch, congrats to DH! And don't forget, men often lose more quickly than women due to their muscle mass. (I'm so jealous!) Just wanted to chime in that I also made a personal SB cookbook. I found a "make your own cookbook" in a catalog; it is essentially a binder with plastic-covered sticky pages, much like the photo albums of old. I did the same thing: whenever I tried a recipe DH and I both liked I would save it there. Your DH's idea of buying a sealer sounds great! Like Ruth said, some things freeze really well. And if you like Mexican food, try these:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...e-phase-i.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...egetarian.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/croc...casserole.html

Last edited by Beth19; 01-07-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Mmmmm creamy Mexican casserole. Tammy's favorite!!!! Mine too. I too keep my favorite SB recipes, but they are saved to my iPad.

Ruth I am so sorry to hear about Rob. Thinking of you. Don't clean too much, Michelle will think she has been replaced!!! Lol

msgooch congratulations to DH. I agree it's not fair men lose so much quicker. Sounds like he is very supportive which is great!!!

Beth hope your cold passes quickly. Oh and thanks for the snow lol. Us "down staters" didn't escape this one. I worked today (late), but am off Subday and Monday (my normal days off)

Pearlrose you are giving me lots of motivation this month! I did count snow shoveling as exercise today. Burned 368 calories in an hour! That counts in my book. Hope you have fun this weekend.

I too need to plan my shopping for the week. Unfortunately I do need to get my year end stats ready for meetings this week. This is quite tedious!

Msgooch I love PB right off the spoon! Lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5ft

Beth19- Thank you for the link for Kayln's Kitchen. What a fantastic site for recipes we can use!

We got a little bit of snow this morning, just enough for my little one to go out and enjoy it.

Just a question for the group....Is it considered "bad" or "wrong" to weigh everyday? I feel like weighing everyday could keep me honest, but if I shouldn't , I won't. Any suggestions?
hnreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hnreese and Mrsgooch, may we call you by your first names? I know them because MODs can see your emails. There is no bad or wrong about weighing every day although blips the wrong way can be discouraging. (Hmmm I weigh daily right after potty. Maybe I should weigh weekly and then record weekly.)

I did go to the hockey game last night but it was just too darned cold to stay long. Today is supposed to be a tad warmer and then we head into a week of slightly above freezing days. There was a skiff of snow but not enough to shovel - this time. Richard has already made as much money ploughing than he did all last winter!

This morning Rob's close friends are getting together for his favourite morning tipple - coffee laced with Bailey'd Irish cream. There will be lots of stories, some laughter and perhaps a few tears. I must admit I am glad he is at rest because the last few months have been dreadful for him. I hope he's floating around observing us this morning.

Not much got done yesterday because people kept phoning and I must have met at least ten people in the grocery store who asked about Rob. The Village telegraph works well and some folk already knew about my dinner date with Bruce. Small towns are sure not like the big city - and that's a good thing usually. Unfortunately bad news travels faster than good news. I have two "celebrations" to attend this week before Rob's funeral on Saturday.

When shopping yesterday, I stocked up on good stuff. I even bought some fish - not my favourite protein unless breaded and deep fried! Im going to try baking it with dill and yoghurt and see if I can get to like it. You chicks are my inspiration.

Gotta jet to shower, dress and be at Claire's for 9:15. Enjoy your Sunday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:10 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth , so sorry to hear about Rob. Everyone must feel great pain. I'm glad you get to spend time with his friends today.

Hnreese, I weigh every day. I'm used to the dips up-and-down. For me, I would rather see the ups and downs during the week then weigh myself once and risk a high weigh in.

This is my first Sunday to work in a long while. I'm not looking forward to it since it's the back room and everything get so crazy. Fortunately, I will be home early.

Sorry I've been quiet the last few days. I think DH7 for some depression this time of year. It's been aggravating and I just don't feel like talking. Fortunately, I know for myself that the best way to get back on track with food is to get back to posting and tell you what's going on.

I must get going. I'm determined to bring some food with me so I'm not tempted to eat work food. Have a good day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #11  

Morning, chicks. We have a gentle snow this morning; I don't think it will be enough to require shoveling but we will see.

Didn't get groceries yesterday so that is this morning's priority, however I tackled some laundry and got the Christmas tree de-decorated and packed away. Today will be the last few Christmas items, although I will leave up some white lights and greens for the "winter in the woods" feel.

Ruth, outdoor hockey games are SO cold! Glad my kids didn't play in the era where all of the games were outside! Thinking of you and your loss.

Jennifer, it just isn't winter without a couple of good storms!! lol When I first looked up the calorie burn for shoveling I was amazed but it is hard work, especially if the snow is wet or packed. Enjoy your day off.

hnreese, Kalyn's has some great recipes and you may have noticed her special holiday section. If you are in this for the long term it is wonderful to have SB compliant ideas for the big holidays. And personally, I weigh every day. Like Debbie, I know there will be blips based on all kinds of things (hormones and eating out come to mind) but for me I prefer the feedback. I think some weigh daily and choose 1 day to be "official".

Time to refill my coffee.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Yes, of course call me by my real name...Amy.

My husband just left with my youngest back to the airport for her to go back to school. My son ended up having to stay at a hotel by the airport last night, his flight was cancelled and it took my husband hours to get home after dropping him off because my county didn't jump right on the plowing. So we're empty nesting it again - my cousin, who works for me, is coming tonight to spend the week. For an empty nest I keep a pretty revolving door.

I weigh in twice a week - Sundays and Thursdays. For me a week is too long to be going off track and every day the ups and downs of did I go potty, how much did I drink, etc drive me batty. I don't use my fitbit anymore, but I do use the tracker app to log in my weight and what I ate. I was disappointed to only lose .6 since last Sunday. I know everything in my head - that it isn't a straight shot down, that it's a long term thing, I'm 50, post menopausal and hypothyroid. I still want it going down more. This morning I went way off plan - we had these pastries for Christmas that I ordered from Williams Sonoma. I decided to have 2 at 170 cal each for breakfast with my daughter and husband as her goodbye - she loved them and I've noticed a little splurge here and there often boosts my weight loss. Anyway, I ate 1 and blech...the butter, the sugar, the flour - I hadn't had any since Christmas Day and boy did I feel sick. I didn't eat the second one and spent the next hour feeling sick and in and out of the bathroom. NOT WORTH IT!

I gave myself a reality check. This really isn't a diet, though of course I need/want/must lose weight. It's about getting healthier, more energy, etc. If I'm honest, I feel so much better when I eat like this. But I do think I need to review what I've been eating and decide if I've added too many healthy carbs, fruit and dairy into my diet the past week.

Since hubby is taking my daughter to the airport, I'm going to the grocery store.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept til 7:30 a.m. this morning and it felt great. Had to get breakfast going as DD2 comes home from working overnight and I like to make her breakfast before she heads to bed if I am home. I am going to do my yoga in a bit. Yesterday was so cold I did not want to do to much running around so did not make it to the store to figure out what flooring I am going to do, instead DH and I went and saw Hidden Figures, very good movie. Today DH is wanting to go see the Harlem Globetrotters just got him a ticket but it was cheaper to get 2 than just 1 so I will probably end up going with him.

Ruth it is nice that everyone is getting to together to remember Rob

Beth sounds like the cold is almost gone, I actually find for me that exercise helps to move them along when I get them, I just don't do so much.

Jekel snow shovel definitely count as exercise, it's a lot of work

Debbie this is a hard time of the year that is for sure, take care of yourself

Hnreese, I do better when I weigh myself daily so I can watch for any ups, helps me stay more accountable to my eating, but definitely not required, it is what works best for you.

msgooch, I print off the recipes that I like and put them in a binder or save them to my computer if I really like them.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #14  

Height: 5ft

Ruth-Yes, that's fine. My name is Hannah! Feel free to call me by either!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one to weigh daily. I really just feel a little more in control keeping an eye on my daily weight instead of weekly.

I hope everyone has a good evening!
hnreese is offline   Reply With Quote