South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - January 14 & 15

Good morning. It's going to be sunny but cold for Rob's funeral this afternoon but the good news is that his ashes will not be buried until spring. It's no kind of weather for standing around in a cold and windy graveyard.

Had a lovely birthday lunch with Claire and Doug. I had wonderful mussels and indulged in dessert. The waitress caught on that it was a birthday celebration and my creme brule had a candle on it. Supper was veggie soup!

So on with today. I am pretty sure I can speak at the funeral without my voice shaking but know there will be lots of tears afterward. Rob was very well known and well-loved and over 200 are expected at the service which be held in the Cathedral in Kingdton.

This is a day to just "get through" and tomorrow will be better.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Ruth. Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way today.

Cold here this morning as well although not quite the sub-zero we were expecting. It is sunny which always lifts my mood. I think today will be the normal weekend niggles: laundry, cleaning and groceries. Such an exciting life I live!! I suspect DH will want to just rest (which he should!) so I it will be a quiet day.

Jennifer, it seems there have been an awful lot of funerals for you lately. Hope today is just a run of the mill day at work for you.

Debbie, sounds like you worked through your funk yesterday. Good job staying OP; I will always struggle with emotional and stress eating.

Pearlrose, how is the storm progressing? Have you lost your power?

Amy, glad you got the heating system taking care of. Hope your mouth is healing.

Hannah, hope things are going well for you.

I need to refill my coffee cup and make a grocery list. Have a good Saturday all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We had another round of freezing rain but with temperatures rising to a bit over freezing it will switch to rain but my trees and grass are frozen, the road crews have really done a good job of keeping the roads clear for those that have to go to work. My plan is still to stay home today and will clean house and just watch movies or read a book. Only about 1,800 people have lost power so far and that was a bit south where they were harder hit.

Ruth thinking of you today but still want to wish you a Happy Birthday.

Beth hope your DH gets over his cold son, I have been seeing that they are a ton of cases of flu this year

Debbie glad your diffuser is helping battle this time of the year, we are almost over the hump of winter

Jekel that was a touching ceremony yesterday hopefully no more for a long time

Amy glad you got your heating system taking care of

Hannah hope you are doing well

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Ruth - I've found comfort and relief at a service being over, but it is definitely nice to be with people who loved him. To me, the afterwards is the hardest part. I just passed the one year mark of my mom's death. Apparently my opinion on it really ruffled some feathers in my family. I was the one at the hospital for the prior week with mom, I sat there with her when things went south, I watched the intubation and looked her in the eyes and I held her hand and rubbed her head as she took her last breaths. I wouldn't trade it for the world, it was also completely traumatic to me and I will never ever forget that, nor do I need to signify that time by the calendar. It's not like I don't remember my mom or think about her every day - but if I'm going to celebrate anything, I'd like it to be her birthday - or mine. Not one of the worst days of my life.

We went out shopping yesterday for shoes for me. We went to the capital grille - which is a nice steakhouse in the DC area. I had a caprese salad, a filet mignon with shrimp and green beans. I cut it all in half, boxed it up and had it for dinner as well. Amazing how even a lunch portion is actually enough for 2 people.

I do have a positive mindset, I'm actually reading now about tips to maintain weight loss. I believe it includes, weighing yourself regularly forever, exercising 5 days a week, and always being mindful of what you're eating overall. Would you all add anything to that?
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Amy I would add forgiving yourself on days when you do none of the things listed. Some days maintenance seems harder than losing. Planning for the week will always be key to me staying at my goal.

Debbie you always amaze me with your projects!

Ruth glad you enjoyed your birthday lunch. Hope you are holding up ok today.

Beth and Pearlrose its true I have been to a lot of funerals as of late. It is nice when you go you always run into someone who you haven't seen in years. The "brotherhood" extends across departments which is truly special. Fortunately today was uneventful which is a GREAT day in my book.

I only have tomorrow off as I told John I would work for him. His youngest is sick with the flu. He will take his other two sons skiing so Megan can stay home with the little guy John will pay me back by working the 28th. Since I only have tomorrow off, its crucial I have a plan for the week (sounds dramatic doesn't it lol) Came home and made Creamy Mexican casserole, turkey meatballs with marinara sauce, roasted a spaghetti squash and made a Mexican Lasagna. Veggies are cut up with healthy snacks on hand. Been keeping up with Pearlrose getting my work outs in......tonight's will be snow shoveling YIPPEE!!! Any excuse not to vacuum lol.

Enjoy your evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks sleeping in......I wish I was....guess I am too used to getting up at 5 for work. Going up to Joe's but will be home by 7 as I need some down time before bed. Very pleased that I am prepared for the week. Not pleased with the scale today. I'm know where I need to improve (my water which is normally great has been dismal the last few days). Will make a conscious effort to reach my water goal each day this week (even if it means making pit stops while working lol) Hope everyone has a great day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looks like another sunny but cold day. The moon is still up there but it will be daylight soon. Once again I woke at 3 and could not get back to sleep. Too many things on my mind, I guess.

Thanks for all the good wishes which I know helped me get through yesterday. My daughter sent me FTD birthday flowers from the local florist. (Nicole knew I had Rob's funeral so made sure she sent them first thing in the morning rather than the usual late afternoon delivery.) I got through the service OK - not even a quaver in the voice, I'm told. I did lose it a bit afterwards when John gave me a letter Rob wrote me saying goodbye and mentioning some of the fun and crazy times we had. John also insisted I take home a gorgeous floral arrangement so my house is well "flowered". I did turn on the Bling Tree and have a drink to Rob before I went to bed. As promised, it comes down today.

Lisa emailed me from Florida to say they will be flying/driving home today and pick up Angus this evening. It will be strange to not have him here. Aside from the white fur shedding, he is a good houseguest and I know my two will miss their big furry "cousin". Today I must get some more dogfood for him to take home and cook up some more veggies which he just loves mixed with his kibble.

Other than that, it will be a "soft" day which I really need.

Happy Sunday, my friends.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #8  

I hope everyone is staying comfy and dry this weekend! I'm not much of a sleeper inner myself either. I always say I'm going to, but I wake up between 6 and 7 most mornings. Ruth - happy to hear you got through in fine form yesterday!

I had a goal to lose 15 lbs by this coming Thursday. I weigh on Sundays and Thursdays. I lost 1.2 today!! woohooo!!! It means I have .4 to go to lose the 15. I now walk an hour on the treadmill a day - well, really 5 days a week. I think that's helping to boost things.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks and congrats to Amy for all of your progress! Keep staying OP. I hope you are finding this website helpful in your journey. My husband teases a bit about the "chicks" but checking in helps me stay focused. I am glad to say the holiday gain is gone and I am hoping to lose the pound or 2 that is left for me to be at my true goal.

Ruth, you deserve a soft day; did you have your visit with Dr. Jack? I will gently remind you to also take care of yourself. Mind and body both. The sun is shing here, albeit weakly, and I hope you have some also. Enjoy your flowers.

Jennifer, I tend to wake up early as well. Often the rest of the house is still sleeping and so I just read or surf. I'm glad you got your work-week prep done.

Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The cat woke me up at 5:30 a.m. he was hungry. I went downstairs and went ahead and did an hour of yoga and just finished making breakfast. I am the only one up in the house, we another round of freezing rain should be done by noon. DD2 and I are getting out of the house today. DH is going to a hockey game and to Winter warmup for the Cardinals. I did get the entire house cleaned yesterday (including dusting) and did 2 workouts and watched sappy movies on Hallmark Channel. Kinda of wish I had decided on floor for the kitchen, I could have started on it this weekend.

Ruth enjoy your soft day and last day of extra furry around

Jekel I know I need to increase my water as well

Amy congrats I think you will make your goal this week

Beth I wish we had some sun to look at, don't see it in our future for a few more days though

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

As I did not get here yesterday, I wanted to wish Ruth a happy birthday today! Ruth, I hope you find it quiet and relaxing.

Amy, kudos on your effort and so close to reaching your goal! I Will add that my number one reason for long-term success has been checking in here every day. Even if I have a day or two or week or even two weeks that I'm not motivated I always get back on track because I'm checking in here.

So I'm heading out to work. I have to drop the dogs off at daycare first. Part of the reason I didn't check in yesterday is I spent the entire morning cooking and prepping food. I have everything prepackaged and frozen, including snacks for the next two weeks. I am determined to stick with A solid plan and this is so helpful to me.

Have a great day everyone! I wish I didn't have to run!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-15-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #12  

Height: 5ft

My P1 ends on Tuesday and I'm nervous to move on to P2 to be quite honest.
P1 has been great so far, I've lost 11.6 lbs so. My husband is a little down because he lost 6.4 lbs. But, his clothes are already fitting different so I'm trying to keep his spirits up. He's hesitant to add more food because he doesn't want to stall his weight loss. He's always hit a bump at the current weight he's at so I think morale will be boosted when he gets over this initial bump. I hope so any way!

Amy, WOOHOO!! You've got this. Only .4 lbs to go. I've got faith in you!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'm ready for a new week, this past one was absolutely dreadful but a new beginning is tomorrow!
hnreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #13  

After I weighed in - and did my skinny dance - I told hubby - oh I have to go tell my beach buddies!

I was afraid to move to phase 2 as well, I found I did just as well, and felt more normal, and like this could be a long term thing sticking to phase 2. I don't go crazy with the fruit or grains - one or two servings at most a day. I started with adding brown rice or couscous for dinner. Ina Garten has a great couscous recipe in her new cooking for Jeffrey cookbook. SBD friendly and so much better than those near east boxes I've been buying. And I'm not adding it to what I'm eating - for instance, instead of 30 pistachios, some days I have the strawberry vanilla smoothie or a I have some blueberries and strawberries. The sbd cookbooks are a lifesaver. I had the chicken with grapefruit salad today for lunch.

I obsessively look at figuring out bmr and how many calories a day to eat and to burn. The reality is I stick to about 1500 calories a day on this, I know it's not calorie counting and doesn't need to be. I'm not starving, but if I eat 1500 calories of whatever - I for sure would never make it.