3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   The Week of January 9 to 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/311925-week-january-9-13-a.html)

Beth19 01-11-2017 07:24 AM

Morning, Ruth!!

Pearlrose 01-11-2017 08:29 AM

Good morning,

Beth yes the rest of the week is wfh for me, good thing because we are supposed to be getting an ice storm starting tomorrow night. I will take advantage of the more mild weather today and go to the grocery store to stock up with what I need for the weekend. Yesterday the wind was incredible, waiting for my son at his work yesterday afternoon felt like the car was going to get tossed on it's side the wind was so strong. Tonight DD2 has art class and that is about it.

Jekel I do double up the recipe so I have more meals to eat.

Ruth maybe the doctor appt and talk with Dr. Jack will be the motivation to get you back on track. Stay safe on the roads

Hannah I have been back op since Monday and the scale has not moved a tenth of a lb, but I know why, my hormones are getting ready for next week TOM. You just have to know that it will be up and down but what counts is the downward trend.

Beth glad you got a 2 hour delay be safe driving out there.

Debbie hope it didn't get too muddy out there.

Have a great day everyone!

Lexxiss 01-11-2017 10:00 AM

Good Morning!

I'm in a rush, as always. I committed to firing up the computer to get balances on my credit cards-I'm trying to be very careful this month since we have $2000 in dental bills. One wouldn't open because I had to install a new version of Internet Explorer. It's always something.

We have a weird weather thing happening. It's snowing by the feet in the mountains and pretty warm here. I was supposed to travel to Glenwood tomorrow morning to the dentist but I'm thinking of cancelling. Avalanches on I-70 up above because so much snow. We will head down to Denver this morning for chores and a meeting.

Gotta get my smoothie going.

Amy and Hannah....just a bit of feedback. I found, particularly when I first started SB that at times the scale wouldn't budge but I'd still be getting smaller. I like smaller and sometimes that still happens.

Ok, gotta run! Have a good day everyone!

msgooch 01-11-2017 03:29 PM

Afternoon all!

I'm slapping myself out of my lull. I don't necessarily count calories on this, I'm just curious how many calories I actually eat in a day. Whether we want to believe it or not, at the end of the day you gain and lose weight whether you burn more calories than what you eat. I'm perfectly fine sticking to sbd. It's easy, I don't count stuff. I eat the same boring breakfast every day - 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a v8. Breakfast is the meal I don't really care about and eat it because I know I need to keep my blood sugar going well.

I'm completely in love with that strawberry vanilla shake from the sbd cookbook. I bought some other frozen fruits today to try, and I have that as a snack a lot of days. I have to be honest, our dinners are the bomb. We eat really good tasty food. I'm so grateful this time around to have my husband doing this with me and the kids off at college so there are no tempting foods around.

Is it terrible to tell you I probably miss the glass of wine or cocktails the most? I made a drink called the french 75 from Ina Garten's cookbook over New Years - it's my new favorite champagne cocktail. I used to cook at night after work, listening to music, having a glass of wine while I sauteed my onions and garlic...aaaahhhh....lol. I know I can have a glass here or there and that really is fine. But until I hit my first mini goal, not having it. Once I get to 15 lbs, then I'll have a glass of wine.

I'm going on vacation to the Caribbean at the end of the month. I needed some clothes so I just bought some stuff online. I nearly forgot and ordered the wrong size. I was nervous ordering the smaller size. I know y'all talk about everything, but this to me is nearly my everything right now and I don't talk about this in real life to anyone but my husband. It's so much more mental/emotional than anything else. They have a nice gym where we're going so I'm packing my sneakers and work out clothes and I'll go on the treadmill every day. I'm hoping to not go crazy, but I may not be in a position to be too picky.

Ruthxxx 01-12-2017 07:30 AM

Good morning. Today I need to slap myself back to alleged "normal" after Christmassing and mourning for a month. It's 40ºF outside right now and feels like spring. However, it'll be back to normal by the weekend.

My new "beau" comes for coffee this morning and has asked me to shorten his snowmobile pants - I knew that would start sometime. Why a nearly 80 guy needs to go out on a snowmobile baffles me! He's in good physical shape and also intelligent but, despite several degrees, is still a country boy. Do men ever grow up? At nearly 78, I should know the answer!

Michelle comes late morning and I have absolutely no plans except a salad-ish supper and early bed. That's the plan anyhow.

MrsGooch, a Caribbean vacation sounds great and also good motivation to stick to your plan. I didn't make any plans for a winter break this year until I get a handle on my income taxes.

Gotta dash into the shower and some clothes. Will check back later to see what's up!

Pearlrose 01-12-2017 08:17 AM

Good morning,

Today is the calm before the storm, ice storm that is....starting in the 50s today down to 30s by lunch and we shall see if the weather forecasters are right this time. Today is wfh and I have tons to do so need to prioritize my work.

Hannah a vacation is definitely motivation to stick your plan.

Ruth glad that you have a new "beau" :)

Debbie I-70 sounds dangerous to drive with the potential for avalanches

:wave: to everyone else

Have a great day everyone!

Lexxiss 01-12-2017 09:37 AM

Good morning!

Just a quick note to say that I am safely over the hill. I tried last night but both passes closed 13 miles up the road so I turned around. It was nice I didn't get stuck in between. Set the alarm for 3:30 this morning and roads were open with a break in the snow so I put the pups in the car and headed over. Conditions were lousy but no traffic.

I shoveled the porch here and made coffee. Now I have 10 minutes before I have to head to my dental appointment. I'm really going to be happy to cross this off my list.

Can we try to get back later! Happy Thursday everyone! Yes, East Coast folks the weather is coming at you. Take care!

msgooch 01-12-2017 11:13 AM

Morning everyone!

I just got back from the endodontist. I have the distinct non privilege to be going through a dental implant. I'm scheduled for my next procedure in a few weeks. I'm getting another bone graft and the screw is being placed as well. That means 3+ months from then I can get the official tooth in. Right now I'm wearing this retainer ish thing with a fake tooth so I look like I have a tooth, and I can eat with it.

Today was weigh in Thursday and I lost 1.6 lbs last week. I have a mini goal for myself of 15 lbs by next Thursday for the ball. I need to lose 1.6 lbs more. Hubby's comment was - so say you lose 1.2 or 1.4 - have you hit your goal? Answer - no. That will be less than my goal. It doesn't mean it was all for nothing, I just didn't hit my own little mini goal. It's not like the dress will fit any differently at this point, it fits, it's fine a pound here or there makes no difference, I just want for my own sanity to hit my first goal. I'm hopeful I can do it. I'm off to the treadmill now. I'm doing interval walking. Thankfully we have amazon prime and netflix down there so I can distract myself.

Our heating unit is being replaced as we speak, and not a moment too soon, we're expecting an ice storm this weekend. Right now it feels like a spring day in the low 60's - strange to think we'll be hit with ice in a day or two!

Ruthxxx 01-13-2017 10:21 AM

Friday the 13th! Maybe that's why I'm so late getting in here this morning so will glug the coffee quickly and then get my day cranked up. Yesterday just whizzed by with Bruce here for coffee all morning and Michelle cleaning most of the afternoon. Bed felt good last night.

Today I am being taken out for lunch by Claire and Doug since tomorrow is my birthday and also the day of Rob's funeral in Kingston. The two just don't seem to fit together somehow.

We are back to cold weather again but the temps go up well above freezing next week. I even see a high of 48F on Saturday.

Stay safe if you are being hit by the ice.

Pearlrose 01-13-2017 11:53 AM

Good morning,

WFH today and in the midst of the ice storm, all of my people are accounted and safe though. Having vpn (remote network) issues though let's see if they can quickly resolve so people can work from home. I can do my work as the what need I can just use my home internet for and have files on my hard drive instead of network drive.

Ruth tomorrow will be a sad day for you, hope you will be able to celebrate your birthday a bit though.

Stay safe everyone!

Beth19 01-13-2017 05:05 PM

Evening, chicks. It has been a busy week here and now DH seems to be coming down with a second round of cold, this time with chest congestion and cough. Is it bad if I spend the weekend staying on the other side of the room???

Pearlrose, I was looking at the weather map and thinking of you. We had a week long ice storm 19 years ago, right at this time of year, and the memory is still etched in everyone's mind. Hope you stay safe and don't lose power.

Ruth, thinking of you and happy birthday.

Not sure what the weekend holds; might be quiet if DH is sick.

I'm off to make spaghetti squash pizza for dinner. Yum!

jekel383 01-13-2017 05:28 PM

Ruth hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch. Sending hugs your way. Will be thinking of you.

Pearlrose glad you are able to work from home today. Hopefully the VPN gets fixed.

Debbie glad you made it over the mountain safely. We were 60 yesterday and today barely 30! No wonder everyone is getting sick.....Beth hope DH cold skips you this time around.

Amy I had an implant several years ago. Vanity Jane here demanded everything be done in one day until I got the permanent tooth...BIG HUGE MISTAKE!!!! My bone graft didn't take and after waiting months for the permanent tooth, I had to start all over again. Glad you are doing it the right way. Lesson learned for me lol.
When I was losing sometimes I didn't when I stressed over my goals. You are doing really great!!!!

Today I felt like an Uber driver. Went to pick John up this morning (since we both hate driving to Manhattan) pulled in his driveway when he texted me was I at Dunkin Donuts (don't worry its a commuter lot lol) Took us over 2 hours to get to midtown this morning. We, like many others today, attended the funeral for NYPD Steven McDonald. We were able to hear the mass over the loud speakers as it was held at St. Patrick's Cathederal. The eulogies were truly beautiful. The wind was vicious and the temperature was not kind, but you ignore your own discomfort. I am glad to be home in my warm Jammie's. Skipping my work out as I am wiped out. Tomorrow its right back on my A game.

Stay warm!

Lexxiss 01-13-2017 07:41 PM

Good evening!

Can't believe both Amy and I were at the endodontist yesterday. My procedure went well and I decided to travel back over late yesterday afternoon because they were going to be doing avalanche control today and the roads were supposed to be closed off and on.

I woke up in kind of a funky mood this morning just feeling like there was so much to do and only me to do it. I was going to post from upstairs but the computer was shut down and then I got on another track. Then just as I was making my smoothie the water got shut off. I guess they had a leak down the pike that had to be fixed. So at that point I went out to Kirks shop and decided if he wasn't going to build me a beneficial bug house I was going to build one myself. I actually made quite a bit of progress and when I went back inside and the water was back on and I got a few things accomplished. My masseuse had a cancellation so I picked my mom up from her meeting and went and got a massage. That was a good end to a funky start. I have eaten on plan all day. Grateful for that.

Amy, I hope your mouth is feeling all right. Glad you got your heating unit replaced. We installed a new boiler several years ago before it broke in the middle of the winter and I have enjoyed great savings on my gas bill.

Ruth, I hope you enjoyed lunch. Tomorrow will certainly be a difficult day.

Beth, sorry to hear DH is getting another cold. I've been running my diffuser with essential oil beside my bed. There's a blend called "thieves" that is supposed to really Help. It's a recipe that's been around for hundreds of years and I just went down to my local shop and they had it blended.

Jennifer, that was a very touching video of the processional. A cold day to be outside.

Rose, I hope the networking all synced.

I am taking a break with some water and essentiall oil breathing in. I may go out to a meeting tonight. See you all tomorrow!