South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 05:59 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default 8/29/03 Call to Action...Day 2

Well, how did we do? I edited yesterday's post to reflect how well I met my goals. Feel free to do the same or add them to this thread!

For today:

1. Get as much sleep as humanly possible (I am so tired I feel sick, and I know I make bad choices when I am exhausted)

2. Drink, drink, drink....and I don't mean wine.

3. Exercise, exercise, exercise...and i DO mean exercise!

4. Spend some time with Mack, my 7 yr old DS. I barely got to see him at all yesterday. ME time is great, but I miss my guy!

Your mission for today is twofold:

1. Almost all of us are trying to drink enough water. Your mission it to explore ways to make that easier. It could be a way to track how much you drink, a way to serve it, a fancy glass...whatever it takes to make this a "no brainer." Use your imagination! I expect you to report your findings back to the group!

2. Start planning for your weekend! This is especially important if the lack of structure on over the weekend makes it more difficult to stay on plan. So, think ahead. If you find yourself skipping lunch because you get busy, then decide now what you are going to fix...and make sure you have the ingredients. If Saturday night is Movie Night at your house and you know you'll want to munch, then plan accordingly. Figure out what exactly it is that you will munch on!

I'm counting on you to go out there and make a difference in your life! Take small steps, but take them! You all deserve a pat on the back for taking the challenge...and if I weren't a mean, ornery drill instructor I would give each and every one of you a hug!
Old 08-29-2003, 07:03 AM   #2  
Mous

Talking Giving this a try..TODAY

Ellen.

I found a GOAL!!

Find something new to eat with the help of my friends...and NOT ricotta! heehee

Lady

These are great over steak or a burger, also good alone as a side dish...

1 pakckage of fresh mushrooms - more for a crowd - I buy them already sliced and washed.

melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet add 3 or 4 minced cloves of garlic, lightly brown the garlic add the sliced mushrooms saute til soft, add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - I use fresh. Cook til melted!

YUMMY

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 08-29-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Reporting from slipper camp:
My goal for today is to stay calm, cool and collected and on program! It is going to be a hectic day with lots of cooking tasks this afternoon plus a party tonight. I am tired so I am going to pace myself. When I'm home, I'll set the timer to ring hourly to remind me to drink water.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:51 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Friday Goals:

1. Drink my water..... I drank 96 oz.

2. Eat OP..... .... Had some pizza

3. Exercise: .....just didn't happen

4. Take a little time for myself even if its only 30 minutes.
Had a GREAT 2 hour hair appointment.....

I guess 2 out of 4 isn't that bad

Last edited by sflake; 08-30-2003 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:03 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Marcie...love your goal of finding a new food! I have been rediscovering some veggies I haven't eaten in a while...my fav this week was grilled artichokes filled with a roasted tomato vinagrette for dipping! YUMMMM!

Ruth-I know the feeling...your goal of staying cool, calm and collected sounds like a real winner. I LOVE the idea of setting the timer to remind you to drink! GOLD star for you!

Sflake-you're doing great! Goals are to work towards...it wouldn't be much of a challenge if they were easy, right? So just keep on plugging along...we're with you!

I am fixing oats for breakfast, and stirred in a beaten egg for protein. It may be like oat custard...or it could be awful..I'll let you know!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:44 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

I also edited yesterday's post with how I did in meeting yesterdays goals....not as good as I would have liked to be yesterday.

Goals for today......

1. Plan ahead for meals and snacks and eat what I should in the portions that I should.

2. Water.....I buy bottled water in 24-ounce bottles. I will drink at least three full bottles today.

3. I am off from work today (for a nice long weekend), and I plan to do some deep cleaning this weekend. Today I will tackle the kitchen and laundry room. I'm going to empty and clean all cabinets/cupboards in both rooms (inside and out) and then reorganize what's in some of thos cupboards, pull out appliances and clean under/behind them, wipe down walls, clean out the inside of the refrigerator, etc.

4. Exercise.....if I have any energy left after cleaning, I'll take the dogs for a nice long walk.

5. Look through cookbooks for some fun new recipes to try over the long weekend, shop for groceries, and plan meals for the next few days.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:47 AM   #7  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking GI JODIE REPORTING IN,SIR!!

Hey to all Beach Bootcamp Babes,,Updated my plan for yesterday,did A OK SIR,,,(except changed to ph1.5 since the WINE called my name
  • I hv a 64oz cooler cup I bought frm Walmart a few mths ago,,drink 2 a day w/lemon,lime,swtnlow..makes easier to swallow
  • I found a new food since started SBD,,FISH,Broiled not fried,several times a week,taste great and lowfat to boot(a little boot camp humor )
  • Todays goal=EAST DRINK AND BE MERRY according to SBD (the best I can!!).........HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY BABES......................GOFISHIN
Old 08-29-2003, 09:20 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I need to see my goals from yesterday HERE.

1. No Bridge Mixture OR chips! Well, no chips. And I didn't BUY any Bridge Mixture. But I did get the ones that I threw out the other day from the garbage and ate them. There were about a dozen. Perfectly clean.

2. water. at least 4 cups. come on! hmmm... maybe 2?

3. Bathe. (Den... are ya with me on that one?) Had a lovely long bath.

4. Laundry! Did two loads. They're hanging on the line in the rain.

5. Listen to my moods and have "alone-time" when I need it. BEFORE becoming cranky! Yes! I managed to keep my cool all day.

TODAY:

I'll stick to the same goals and see if I can do a little better.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:51 AM   #9  

Default My Friday Goal

Checking in! Yesterday my goal was to go shopping for all my beachy food. Check! Got everything I hope. Since I start the Beach on Tuesday, today's goal will be to tentatively sketch out 2-3 days worth of meals. Since I have kids, I still have to cook for them, but will try to make it easier by having same meat and vegetables, and few things FOR THEM that aren't beachy! Thanks for the motivation!

Kristina
Arriving 9/2/02, and gettin' ready
Old 08-29-2003, 11:39 AM   #10  

My goal for today and this weekend is to stay on plan while still managing to throw a bridal shower. I KNOW I CAN stay away from that delicious wedding cake...unfortunately, when I planned the shower several months ago, the food I ordered was not beach friendly..but I will do my best!!!! Oh- and to get in my 90 oz. of water each day on the weekend. It isn't hard for me during the week at work, because my office is next to the water cooler...but the weekend is always challenging!!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:08 PM   #11  

Todays goals:

1. Of course, drink my water ...

2. Taking my son to the Mall ... stay away from the brownies and fudge at the food court ...

3. Exercise (already done ... 45 min on the treadmill at 5 a.m.)

Results:

1. I'm drowning, drowning, drowning ...

2. Didn't even go on the Food Court FLOOR ... not to mention my son spent all my money so even if I wanted a brownie couldn't afford one (unfortunately I did have a Russell Stover no sugar added peanut butter cup ... (2) 210 calories 16 grams of fat at work around 3:30), so let's say this goal was met anyway.

3. It was nice getting that over with early ... off to the gym tomorrow (I refuse to go to the gym Friday nights) ...

Last edited by Nikkiloo; 08-29-2003 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:13 PM   #12  
Imagine...

Nikki...you are a exercise inspiration!

Jackie....I have the same problem with water on the weekends.

Old 08-29-2003, 03:36 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Did okay with yesterdays goals. Fell off a bit with half a glass of wine. Did 10miles on my bike, so that should help. (This is not an indoor bike) Sure did the water, as I was up several times in the night. :

Today my goals are much the same. Just stay with the program, and exercise. Did the exercise at Curves, and will line dance tonight. Made my ricotta cream for my dessert tonight. And will tryp to keep to the same goals, until Monday, when I know I will be off course, since we haave special meals at our clubhose, and we have tickets, and nothing served is part of the plan. I guess I will have to call it my free day. Then Tuesday I'll need you Frannie

Are you familiar with Fruit 2/0. It is a flavorful way to drink water. comes in several flavors, grape, orange, lemeon, etc. and used splenda. It is available here in FL.

Frannie: Just keep givng us the 1-2 as we need it. Ann
Old 08-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #14  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Well, recruits...I've had a chance to check yesterday's post for updated info, and have read all your posts for today. The results aren't good....they're GREAT!

Most of you met at least some of your goals, which is excellent! Remember, this is not about perfection but about making positive changes!

Marcie, I have never eaten so many mushrooms! I saute them with onions for steak or sirloin patty, chop them and cook with onion, peppers and ham for a "hash" to have eggs over...yummm.

2dog-just think of all the great toning you will be getting from lifting, stretching, pulling, pushing...scrubbing, wiping, sweeping....Have a productive day!

Gofishin-Share your favorite fish recipe with us! We are always looking for new ways to cook fish!

Ellis-as far as I see it, #5 on your list was the toughest, and you met that goal, so GOOD FOR YOU!

Kristina-it sounds like you are ready to ROCK 'N ROLL! Good job with the shopping and planning...that can be tough.

JackieO-don't forget the famous "three bite rule" when dealing with all that shower food! Plan ahead, don't go hungry and remember the rule and you'll do fine!

Nikki-you go girl! I have to get my behind upstairs and get my workout in before I lose my motivation....going....going....going...

Lizziepie-10 miles? You are my hero! Is your butt still numb?
Just do your best over the weekend and have a good time on Monday. Eat something healthy before you go and you won't be so tempted to do MAJOR damage.

So none of you have to "drop and give me twenty"....today!

I'm off to get my exercise in for the day!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Franny, I did drop and do 20 for flunking out yesterday.
Today was better but not great.
1. food wise I did OP.

2. water~ only got 40 oz

3.some form of exercise~ I only got to ride the bike for 10 minutes beacuse people, including my son, kept calling. But I did get to mow the yards later in the day.

4.something for my mental health~had a wonderful hair appt today , including a scalp massage :cloudnine:

5. NSV~nothing

I really need to work on the water intake and exercise!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread