South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Beaching, June 18-19

Good morning!

I'm grateful to have had a long rest and to be sitting on my front porch with coffee this morning. Yesterday ended up being a little frustrating. Everything had gone on plan until after we unloaded the stuff at my friends house. It was already 230 and I was ready to head back up the hill. My friend informed me and around about way that part of the whole plan working with our friend from Glenwood was that I drove them to the place where they were pet sitting for two nights. It's in Aurora she said. Well I couldn't say no and it was way the heck out east. by the time I drop them off and go back to I 70 headed west traffic was horrendous. It took forever to get out of Denver and then when I got up to the mountains 5 miles from home traffic was backed up again. I didn't get home until after five. I'm venting here so I don't have to vent to her. It's done and now I have a day to myself.

I'm waiting for the dawn and I'm going to really give it a go to just work on getting weed cloth and new soil down the east side of my yard. I'm waiting for the dawn and I'm going to really give it a go to just work on getting weed cloth and new soil down the east side of my yard. It has been something I've wanted to do but put off due to time constraints and I was going to let all the Oriental poppies bloom first. I think I've just decided that the Oriental poppies in the upper half can just go away. They bloom later than I think and by the time they bloomed the weeds are going crazy. I think I would be much happier without the poppies and a weed free area.

Tomorrow will be a crazy day at work. Free ribeye steak for dads which brings everyone down. I will remember to pace myself today and get some rest for tomorrow.

Xan, welcome back! My daily life has turned insane over the past several years. I find checking in daily so helpful and after a poor day of food yesterday I really need to get back on track! You all here remind me that I'm capable of doing that.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-18-2016 at 05:58 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Debbie and chicks to come!

I am spending my weekend with mom. She red someone with most all of the time and its my turn. Hopefully my parents will be moving in the next month and there is also sorts of things to do.

Debbie, again, you are a good friend to help out but I'm glad you have today to yourself. Good luck with the year project. They never end, do they.

I'm going in search of coffee. Have a great day chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-18-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy weekend Beachy Chicks I took a bit of an online vacation. I had too much real stuff to do, was spending too much of my day online, and it was just making me sad and angry. A little time away is a very good thing We even went camping away from cell service. Now I'm home with a long list of stuff to get done!

Debbie - good luck with your current project. We have a couple of small spots going, but have had limited success. I'm off to buy a couple more yards of mulch today and Tim is using heavy tarps on some spots. We have sumac and poison ivy that will just tunnel under for long distances

Beth - Enjoy your weekend with your Mom.

Xan - Congrats on the loss! Nice to see you back.

The garden work just doesn't seem to end this year. I've got stuff ready to come out and beds ready to replant already, but some beds still not fully planted the first time! Then there's the chipmunk problem (really bad this year), the weird blazing hot then cold weather, just can't seem to get a handle on it all.

Weight is holding and very slowly inching down to my revised goal. WE've been eating lots of meal salads in the heat, so that helps. The chocolate covered strawberries in the ice cube tray probably didn't help, but they do make portion control easier.

I need to get my weekend list together. Happy weekend!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am missing my 30 year reunion this weekend but since I leave for California on Monday didn't see how I could swing going to Florida into my plans. Today is my works day at the ballpark so we will be leaving shortly as they set up a picnic area with games for the kids free food and some baseball players sign autographs before we go to the ball park to watch the game this afternoon.

Got DD2 packed so need to start packing myself as well.

Debbie It was nice of you to drive them but that most have been very frustrating, glad you have today to do with what you wish

Beth enjoy your weekend with your mom

Cyndi I hear you on the weeds, I am hoping I have some time tomorrow to tackle around the garage area before we leave.

Have a wonderful day
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:35 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late good morning after an early wake-up. It's the start of the bass season and there was a constant parade of fishing boats pulled by cars or trucks on my road. Down at the lake there were still ten fisherfolk waiting in line to launch when I came back from the bread pick-up. Hot and sunny is the forecast so there will be mega amounts of beer drunk later this afternoon and lots of grilled fish.

I'm home for a bit and then will be back to the Mill for The Grind and flour sales around 12:30. Keeps me off the streets and outta the pool hall.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:11 AM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning, everyone! Thanks for the Welcome Backs, Lexxiss and Cyndi (and I totally understand needing time away from the web!)

Lexxiss, your day certainly did sound frustrating! I hope today is better.

I always envy you all talking about your gardens. I live in an apartment building, so don't have one. (Not that I'd know what to do with one at this point.) But I'd love to have one to LOOK at. Both my mother and my aunt (her sister) were avid gardeners, but I just didn't get that gene.

I have a lazy day planned -- meal planning, grocery shopping and finishing up my overdue taxes. Good day to everyone!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:32 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Enjoying my morning outside with coffee before heading to work. Got a call last night and have to go up and assess a Nother rental project after work today. Oh well. I got my project pretty far along. Looks pretty bare without the weeds Lol

Happy Sunday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and welcome back Xan. So good seeing you here again.

I've been taking a little web break too. The weather has been too lovely to be glued to my phone / iPad. Now that we finally have WIFI at work I can peek in from there. Today I do need to try and get the WIFI to connect with my AC adapter. It was free from my electric company. Since I am gone for long periods of time, it gives me a little piece of mind for the dogs.

Time to get this day started. Enjoy hour day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was a fun but long day, starting packing for the trip. Doing last load of laundry this morning. Not sure what DH wants to do today so waiting to see what he wants to do.

Welcome back Xan

Have a lovely Father's day
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick fly-by post - off to the animal hospital in Ottawa with wee Milo who needs a back operation. Neighbour Liz is too upset to drive so I'm being her Mum today while she tries to comfort her wee darling who's only four years old. Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #11  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks, Jennifer and Pearlrose. It's good to see you again!

I spent the day doing my (2015) taxes. I have many excuses.....This week I'll spend preparing for the summer session at my school where I'll start teaching next week (for only 6 weeks). Have a good week, everyone!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote