South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 09:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - The Weekend - Oct. 4 & 5

Dull and rainy and cold this weekend but I just got a phone call from a very dear friend which cheered me up immensely!

Harry is disoriented this morning - maybe the weather? - and wants to know what time the first flight leaves. I have no idea where we are supposed to be going but hope it's somewhere sunny and warm. I've not yet put away the summer clothes so packing won't be a problem. His fantasy life is so much more exciting than my reality.

I'm planning to spend the morning doing some advance meal prep to make life a little easier next week. The afternoon will be a trip to the Dump and a nap. Such excitement!

What's on your plate for today?
Old 10-04-2003, 09:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Ruthie. It was so nice to hear your sexy voice this morning.
I wonder what would happen if you "went with the flow" of Harry's conversation. And booked a flight somewhere. He's on a whole different plane (pardon the confusion) than you.
I know I'm not allowed to be sweet on your thread, so I'm trying to think of a swear word that I can use to cheer you up. I may have to resort to your "frass". Which I actually like very much.

DH and I went away for a couple of days together, and I found three second-hand bookstores. Spent almost 200 bucks on books. I'm VERY happy. Found a few good classics that I didn't have, some Canadian literature to add to my collection, and some old children's books that I was looking for. I'm completely out of bookshelves, frass-it!!

Ruth, have a good frassing nap this afternoon. You need to recharge. Speaking of recharging, I'm pretty sure you didn't have time to make coffee this morning, so I've made some for you.

Back later...

hugs to all...
Old 10-04-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Please pour me a strong cup...Ruth you will be proud to know that your word frass is making its way thru Connecticut. Last night I was trying to put a frassing toy together for my nephew and the toy would not go together. Frass was the only word I could think of that would fit the situtation

Ellis how nice a little getaway I will just live thru you if it's ok. Boy could I use a gettaway

Today I am off to do some shopping then out to dinner with friends that are moving to florida. Sunday who the frass knows.

Old 10-04-2003, 09:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

It's so nice to know I have added a new word to the international vocabulary! Sflake, you use the language well! LMAO!

Ellis, it's not MY thread. I just seem to be the one who starts it most days. And I had real coffee this morning - I set it up last night, clicked it on when I let the Girls out and it was all ready by the time I'd dealt with muddy feet. That's one of the list of things that can make my life better these days.

My nap looks even more definite now as one of the many men in my life, straight this time, came to pick up my stuff for the Dump! It will be a scene from **** there this morning with mud and water and part of the dump burning!

I may use the former dump time to go and get some PC firelogs for the woodstove. It's an extravagance but sure would be handy on chilly mornings when I want to cuddle with the Doggage in the back room and don't want to mess with kindling and paper and other firemaking stuff. We don't need a fire back there all day - just for the morning chill. Another life improvement move!

I had better get cracking on the kitchen stuff and do The Big Cook. I also have a mess of jalepeno peppers to tackle! Oy!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Lots of love and hugs and good thoughts coming your way from DH and myself. I sure hope things get easier for you FAST. Sorry, I know I'm being sicky sweet, but I'm just naturally a honey-pie (snicker) Harry's fantasies sound a lot better than my real life!! Get those logs!! The warmth will be nice, but so will the doggie cuddle time. I LOVE sitting in front of a fire or near a woodstove. Warmth in general is OKAY BY ME!!!

Ellis-WOW!! Glad you had fun at the bookstores. I've been going a bit nuts on-line, and have to slow down on the spending!! DH's new job means more $$$, but we have a lot of catching up to do!!! HEY! DS16 got a bass guitar with money he had saved. It is GORGEOUS! It is a sunburst design, and HUGE!!!

Sflake-I can never remember to say frass or frick.....I seem to just blurt out the real word and then realize that my kids are sitting there grinning!!!

Okay, so I had my new dryer delivered yesterday, but the frickin' delivery guy refused to frassin' install it because the frickin' copper tubing had a frassin bend in its frickin self. FRASS!!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:29 AM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

So what happened with the dryer? Still sitting un-installed? That sounds like frickin' frassin' sassafrass!: I know I would sure be put out.
I'll have a cup of that coffee this a.m. Discovered a leak in our bathroom - the gasket between the toilet tank and toilet bowl. Lovely puddle on the floor. DH has gone to get parts, and I'm not sure he really knows what he is doing.

The rest of the day is going to be cleaning house a bit. A job I dispise more than any other. Because you just have to do it all over again.

Ruth: Lots of cheap flights to FL. right now. Come on down.

Ellis: When do you plan to read all of those books, or are they just to put on the shelf and admire?

Sort of a grey day here in 'sunny' FL. Have a good weekend all. Lizzie
Old 10-04-2003, 12:35 PM   #7  

Lizzie-LUCKILY the father of my 13 yr old son's friend came over and helped us install it. YAY!!! We are having toilet problems too!! leaking water also, but i think from a different part. WHAT A THRILL!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 06:21 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Happy to say that he did know what he was doing and all is well - leak fixed. there wasn't too much 'blue air' Just a little grunting and groaning because the area is so small to work in and he is tall. Did get most of my cleaning done, laundry done, some quilled cards completed, and now we are going for a walk. Lizzie
Old 10-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Okay, what is the deal? I thought October was going to be better for all of us than frassin' September was? What is with the leaking toilets, uninstalled dryers, nasty weather, and general life disarray? I'm filing a complaint!

Ruth-so glad you are finding some ways to make life a bit easier! We haven't had a fire in the fireplace yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. DH loves making fires. I got him an outdoor fireplace last year that he "fires up" several times a week in the summer. The neighborhood kids come over and roast marshmallows. Nice tradition.

Ellis-Bet I could teach you some new words, hon! In Russian no less! The Russian language has some wonderfully expressive swear words. Second hand book stores...now there's my idea of a good time! My DH, too! We ran out of bookshelve space long ago. He is a thesis away from a Master's in English Lit, so you can imagine....

sflake-I had a similar frassin' situation when I was trying to get a frassin' colar onto a frassin' shirt this morning. Glad DS was at soccer and I was free to cuss at will.

Den-glad you got the frassin' dryer installed! I don't know about near you, but it is too frassin' cold to be hanging clothes outside! I've been in a bit of a buying frenzy lately...online and otherwise. I had to get new clothes for the cruise because nothing fit, right? And I did get stuff on sale, right? And I did get stuff for DH and DS, too, right? I swear, making more money is like having bigger closets...you just adjust and use it all!

Lizzie-Glad DH got the toilet fixed. I can only imagine a tall man trying to fit in some of the spaces where you have to get to to fix plumbing. My MIL calls me "Josepine the Plumber," and I have a hard enough time at 5'8"! Now if I can only fix the leak in the sink I installed last month. No one uses that bathroom so it hasn't been a high priority.

I just woke up from a long nap...almost 6 hours! I worked last night but have tonight off. I usually nap a couple of hours but not THAT much. Work has been frassin' exhausting this week. Don't these frassin' idiot criminals know it is cold and wet and dark outside?! If you ever worry that your life is dysfunctional, come to work with me...I'll show you frassin' dysfunction! The police department is another area in life that operates on the 90/10 principle: 90 percent of the problems are caused by 10 percent of the population. I don't at all mind helping people who need it...I honestly don't. But most of the work we do is for people who can't manage their own frassin' lives! Okay, my rant is over....for now.

My sewing is coming along...almost finished with the first set of matching shirts. DH is frying turkey bacon for a frittatta...the man sure does take good care of me!

I had better go get some sewing done before I lose the frassin' initiative, huh? Have a great weekend chickies!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:41 PM   #10  
In Control: E+R=O

Hey Beach Beauties, I've missed you all!! I've been AWOL for about a week, and having withdrawals from this message board big time! Work has been hectic....putting in 12-14 hour days plus some hours on the weekends too for the past couple of weeks as we pushed to get a big project/process change implemented. Also been battling a cold, so between that, work, and sleep, that's been my whole life.

I was so looking forward to a wonderful relaxing weekend off, and this morning at 4:00 a.m. I got a phone call from the night staff at work. The reagents that we need to perform one of our tests is on back order, and the Dr. wasn't thrilled (to say the least) when the lab staff told him that his patient's test wouldn't be run until Monday. He wanted it NOW. There are only two staff on for the night shift and they couldn't leave, so I threw on some clothes and jumped in my car to deliver that blood specimen to a hospital lab in another town about 45 minutes from here. Sugar beet harvest is in full swing here, so the only traffic on the roads was me and a bunch of beet trucks. Just the way I wanted to start my weekend!

I spent most of the morning with my Mom and niece at a big craft show...that was a lot of fun, spent way to much money, but did manage to buy a couple of Christmas gifts.

I've got a LOT of catching up to do, so I'm going to go spend some time reading the board.

Happy October to all!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:57 AM   #11  
Mous

Morning all

We had to do a complete redo of the computer.
NEVER again will I trust my DH with telling me.....DON'T WORRY!
HA!

I have LOST everything. He said it will still be there. Then some of the things that we put on a floppy ISN'T there either!!
Talk about frustrating. So, I took my own advice and said Que sera, sera and am now moving on.....on to redoin the things that I can remember!!

Hope you all hve a great day.

Do something fun then tell us all about it.

NEVER did do my hair, so it is on the block for today.

Will be trying a new recipe. Tried the Lemon Mustard chicken and it was GRREAT.

Had to buy a new Toaster oven...well, got it home, set it up AND it had a huge dent in it.
Back to the store, and now I only hope this one works......at least it doesn't have a dent in it!!

Ta for now,

Marcie
Old 10-05-2003, 07:28 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

I woke at 2 and did not get back to sleep. I got up at 3:30, turned on the perk and lit the woodstove. The Girls and I cuddleds and I read New Yorker and drank coffee. Now I'm ready to go back to bed!

I think I'll go back to St John's Wort at bedtime and see if that helps. Maybe if I take my brain out at night it would help? I could just keep it in a big jar on the dresser maybe.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:11 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, that reminds me of Young Frankenstein. When Marty Feldman takes the wrong brain. Labeled, as he pronounced it, "Abby Normal".
Listen, you don't need those fake fire logs. Just keep a little can of gasoline beside the fire.
My god, we saw a house fire on the way home the other day. Something must have exploded (oil tank?), because the smoke was black and oily. The house was completely engulfed in flames.

Marcie, that is SO frustrating about your computer. My sympathies.

Twodog, welcome back! We've missed you, hon!

Franny, Russian swear words would be GREAT! I have a Russian friend who lives in Ukraine. I've spent the last two years helping him improve his English. Unfortunately he's a bit of a prude, and does NOT approve of swearing. So no help THERE!

Sflake, did you have fun with your friends?

Den, DS's guitar sounds COOL! Did you get your frassin' dryer hooked up? If so, can I borrow it? I'm behind on the laundry, it's raining, our big dryer is broken, and our little dryer takes about an hour to dry one sock.

Oh, Lizzie. A leaking toilet. My biggest fear. Those things are just so disgusting. blah. Glad you got it fixed, hon.
I hear ya re: cleaning. I just can't believe it when I wash a floor and someone walks over it with their dirty boots!
Listen, I've already read about six of my new books. I'll have them all read in no time.

Oh... I just read that your dryer is installed, Den. I'll be right over...

I spent all frassin' day yesterday "Scan disking" and "Defragmenting". I'm trying to install my daughter's Sims game on this new computer, and it won't go!! Damn. I may have to reformat the whole damned thing... I should never have installed Windows 98 on this thing. It's nothing but trouble.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:29 AM   #14  
Imagine...

Morning All

Had a GREAT time last night, Although sad as I will miss my friends. But we had dinner, drinks & dancing. Nothing I ate was OP & I don't care

Ellis~I loved that movie I thought the same thing when I read Ruths post. We have that Sims game and really enjoy it. Hope you can get it installed.

Welcome back 2dog....missed ya.

Lady~what a beautiful picture.

Franny, Ruth 2dog & everyone that needs rest I am with ya, I'm not used to going out & having all that fun it's exhausting!

Den~At least a quitar is quieter then the drums that my dh plays

Enjoy the day ladies
Old 10-05-2003, 11:56 AM   #15  

Lizzie-Glad to hear your DH got the toilet up and running (okay, hopefully NOT running.....)

Franny-YUP! It is cold here too!!! Not to the point yet where the clothes would freeze, but too cold to stand around fondling wet clothes!! I agree about the extra money too. I'm getting fantastic DEALS, but the toilet needs fixing, so the deals aren't REALLY smart purchases!!!

2Dog-Glad to see you back!! Sounds like life has been busy for you. Just hope that you have more of the FUN busy and less of the work in the middle of the night busy!!!

Marcie-Bummer about the computer and the toaster oven. Hope the new one works okay!!

Ruth-Sorry you aren't sleeping well. Calms Forte really helps with that. It relaxes you just enough that you can drop off. HEY! If we could remove body parts I'd just unzip my stomach and remove all the fat!!!

Ellis-DS13, when asked about Windows '98 said, "sucks." He is even more of a Mac fanatic than his parents!! We need to defrag our computer too. We have never done it!!! Needless to say we are having incredible memory problems. Seeing the house fire must have been yucky. I can't imagine losing everything like that, and hope I never have to experience it. Those poor people!

Sflake-...until he turns up the amp!!!!! Actually he is usually fairly considerate.We were at friends' house last night and I was UN-OP too. Ham, potato salad, corn on the cob, garlic shrimp (Okay that was OP, but it was so good I had to mention it!!!) and strawberry rhubarb pie. YUM!!!! We had a great time playing cards and visiting. I was never that much of a card player, but these people taught us how to play Euchre (sp?) and it is FUN!!
Closed Thread