South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Winter Weekend Beach Chat, February 20-21

Good morning Chicks Must be a good weekend for sleeping in, it's very quiet around here I've been up since 5:30, but catching up on posts, zapping spammers, and researching leg cramps for hubby. Now my coffee is done and it's time to embark on the weekend chore list. Oh joy.

Yesterday was another long trip back and forth to CT. We will probably have a couple more in the next month. Yes, MIL was with a cousin for a whopping 48 hours. She can be a bit challenging, and is happiest in her own home, making her own rules. We have all pointed out that stopping all her meds a year ago was probably not a great choice, but it was hers and now she knows the ramifications. She does have a home health nurse now, a wonderful, calm, patient woman who can help with her meds and check on her. The drive is horrible for DH's back, and he had a rough night.

It's been a busy week off and I have a huge list of niggles left for the weekend. Better get to it if I want to get things done.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-20-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Saturday morning, CyndiChris and sleepy-heads to follow. The Jazz Alarm went off at 5 instead of 3 - probably because we were up until midnight since book club was here. I let both furries e out for the usual, put food in their dishes and went back to bed. Millie joined me carrying a mouthful of kibble! I guess she thought it was a picnic. We drifted back to sleep until 7. The Russian prince slept downstairs in his bed.

We are having an above zero day which should shrink the snow piles. I may get a couple of big dogs to run around the dogyard to make potty paths. I think I'll go out and shovel away some of the snow at the side of the lane to make it wider and more navigable. I'd also like a clear turn-around place outside the barn since backing out the lane the house on one side and snow and a fence on the other is tricky.

The Mill got a largish grant for research and recording of documents and photos pertaining to the people and history of the Township. Tomorrow we are having a "lost and found" event and have asked people bring old pictures and documents for scanning and recording. I have lots, including one of me sitting on the steps of a house that burned down in the fifties! It should be an interesting afternoon. Gathering and scanning is just part 1 of the project ($15K) - then we get another grant to set up the website. And there I was thinking winter would be quiet and I suddenly have two people on salary and two on contract.

Time to get on with the day. Just checked the calendar and next week has something major every day and Angus the Springer cousin comes on Friday for ten days. I must remember to take my vitamins! And buy Scotch!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was a beautiful windy day yesterday and today is another one on tap. I did go for a 2 mile walk yesterday so nice. DD2 got her braces on as well. Today is chores and dropping off some more clothes for charity (the pile is the basement is slowly dwindling down and I have more space). I really need to tackle the nails in DD1 room, other than the ones by the wall there are not that many so I can move on to sanding stage, the floors are really not that bad so I might see how the hand held sander does and may not rent the big one as the majority of the work is near the walls and it wouldn't work there anyways.

Ruth, Geo tried to wake me up at 5 again and I just locked him out of the room and slept for a bit more and then came down and feed him and went to back to bed as well.

Cyndi, glad that at least MIL has nurse who comes and checks on her. Sorry to hear about DH's back hope he gets relief soon with his surgery.

Welcome to Lotsofhope, saw you joined the daily yesterday.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 02-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and Cyndi. The rest of the chicks must be busy already or really stepping in. I too was up with the dogs early. I decided to nap on the couch. My sciatica seems to be going away, but I'll keep taking Aleve for a few more days just to be certain. The wine really did help me sleep much better. Yesterday I did buy an area rug for the bedroom. I lugged my bike upstairs and all my free weights. Unfortunately the rug is 3" wider than the room, but I'm going to keep it. My little portable DVD player after 13 years has quit. So I'm going to get one for my workout room. For now I'll just use my wifi with my iPad to get training videos saved on my desktop computer. My living room looks so much bigger without the bike in it.

Ruth I love looking at old photos. That certainly is a big job! Be careful moving snow. I use my snowblower to make a potty area in my yard for the pups.

Cyndi sorry DH's is getting leg cramps on top of his back issues. Sorry your MIL is challenging. Could DH sister and cousin take turns checking on her so you can stay home more?

Well time for one more cup then a easy workout. I don't want to overdue it. Have a great day!

Last edited by jekel383; 02-20-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks. Like Cyndi, we just returned from a whirlwind "visit the parents" trip. The weather was good which made the trip easy for February, and I like to try to see them every couple of months, even if it is brief.

Cyndi, glad MIL has a good nurse, but sorry to hear about DH's back. I am also thinking about what I still need to do to be ready to go back to work. Tomorrow I will certainly make a quiche for my weekday breakfasts, probably do a small grocery shop and make sure my paperwork is in order.

Ruth, the Mill project sounds so interesting. I keep thinking that I should get one of those digitizing devices and start going through my parents' photos while they are still around to help label them. Of course, the size of the job scares me a bit....

Pearlrose, I should also gather some items to donate. DH also has a large pile I need to drop off.

Jennifer,
how awesome to have a room for the bike! I'm lucky that our basement is semi-finished so the weights and bike can be down there.

I think it is time for a glass of wine....Later, chicks!
Old 02-21-2016, 07:13 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning, Chicks. Jazz cried at 5 this morning although I left the door into the kitchen open. Millie came upstairs but I realized my poor Jazz is not able to manage the stairs so I got up. He's OK but slow on the deck steps but ... time for glucosamine REGULARLY!

Yesterday was quite mild and you could see the snow shrinking. My brave little dogs made their own pottie paths around the yard so I just shoveled a bit in the lane which is starting to look wider and more navigable.

I also set the timer and spent an hour going through tons of old pictures - many, many dog pictures, trip pictures and garden shots plus many unrecognizable people and babies. My dear Harry loved taking pictures. (When I get rid of some of these and the huge boxes of slides, my house will rise out of the ground a few inches. ) I found a few old documents and pictures to contribute to the Heritage project. Town Hall meeting this afternoon and I can't go empty handed although I am taking cookies.

Time to shower and tackle the day. I have an incredibly busy week ahead Meetings every day!) and then Angus the Springer comes for ten days. I need to get a handle on laundry and a few other boring things so I can focus on being a responsible adult and work in some fun too!

Lifting my coffee mug to a balanced Sunday.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning it is beautiful here today. Maybe I'll get outside today.

Beth glad your trip to your folks went well. How far are they from you? Mine are 8 hours by car. My mom and I talk almost daily, but lately it is once a year visits. Enjoy your last day of winter break.

Ruth my mom purged a lot of photos. She posts old ones on Facebook. My cousins really enjoy seeing them and so do I. Hope you get a little downtime this week. As usual your plate is overflowing.

Off today and tomorrow. Going to Joe's later in the day. I already have laundry in. Did some chores yesterday. Even got my grocery shopping done after the funeral. I'm trying to not have anything to do tomorrow other then cook and meal prep for the week. Two days off is never enough.

Have a great day!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. I've been up for a while but just got done making some of Kalyn's egg muffins and a spinach quiche for the workweek. Now it's time for another cup of coffee while I figure out what's next on the list. I know I need to pay some bills but not sure what else.

Jennifer, my parents are just under 4 hours away. Too far for a day trip so we usually spend 1 night. But being in their 80s wifi is not a priority for them so I feel like I'm in a blackhole at their house. I'm impressed your mom posts on fb; I don't think my mom knows how to turn on the computer! Have a productive day off.

Ruth, you have such a busy life! I bet the Mill photo meeting today will be interesting! We also had a lot of melt today and now the trees that were ice encased are straight again. Good to hear the dogs could make it outside; a Delta winter must be tough on a small dog.

Ok, some surfing and then back to work. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was a gorgeous day yesterday so after dropping off donations we went to a state park and hiked in the woods for over an hour it was beautiful if a bit muddy. DD2 and her friend and I had fun though. I got laundry done but nothing else. Today will be cleaning the house and DS and GF are coming over for dinner and some board games. Decided if I want to see them, I am going to have to invite over otherwise the rest of the family only gets to see them for a few minutes each month.

I also need to pick I leave for a conference in San Antonio tomorrow and will be back on Thursday evening. Just going by myself this time.

Ruth glad you are getting pictures done. My problem is now everything is digital so all of my pictures from the last 15 years are on different computers and on phones. I do have most of them backed up to external drive but that reminds I need to do another back up been a while.

Jekel glad you found a rug that fit are you going to cut it just let it overlap? Glad you were able to get the bike out of your living room.

Beth glad you were able to visit your parents, mine are 10 1/2 hours away by car so have to plan going to see them next month. Inlaws are 13 1/2 hours away by car.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
Closed Thread