South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Muggy Monday, August 17th

Good morning. The house is cool right now but you could cut the outside air with a knife. There's a heat advisory on right through to next weekend with lots of T-storms predicted. It'll be an interesting week!

Off to a Mill Board Meeting and one of the items on the agenda is getting a new Treasurer. I think I've finally got through to them that Treasurer should not be a life sentence. I sure hope Patti doesn't chicken out when she starts to take over or we'll be back to square one. Of course the official transition can't happen until I close off 2015 but next summer should be better. I will still remain on the Board as advisor but sure should have more time. Remind me not to fill it!

Eating has not been good - my own darned fault. I already had my one ice cream treat of the month but find it really hard to go past Forfar Dairy without stopping. At home, too many carbs, some of them "bad", have been being eaten. Friend John has his annual big end-of-summer BBQ this coming weekend with fabulous food. I am going to spend a lot of time this week exercising my resistance muscle.

Right now - coffee and blueberries with some yogurt and Fiber One to get the week off to a good start.

Have a good day and stay cool, Chickies.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There was a lot of commotion here this morning with the grandkids getting ready to leave for their 1st day back to school. They both go to a charter school and start earlier than most. Audrey & Maggie have 2 more weeks left of summer before they start back.

Ruth, it looks like your weather for the week is in sync with ours. I tried to sit outside with a book yesterday afternoon, but the heat and humidity drove me back inside. I did take a dip in the pool later on, though. I'm so glad you are getting the weight of Treasurer off your back, finally!

Audrey has band camp for the next 2 weeks, so it will be just Maggie and I to get into trouble. I'm looking forward to this evening to hear how Amber & Tyler's first day back to school went, too.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and chicks to come.

Ruth goid for you stepping down as treasurer. We will support you in saying "no" whenever you need to. Hope your will power exercises work out. I forgot mine yesterday, but alas today I start anew.

Yesterday was great and no I didn't go swimming yet again. My nephew brought his nieces and nephew. It was nice Gina's daughter had kids to swim with. My BIL made a delicious spread. I stuck with one glass of sangria as I felt the effects immediately. Lol besides that saved. me calories for a fruit tart and 2 parfaits .

Taking DS to work the. later I'm off to Joe's. Otherwise just house niggles.

Question, has anyone tried acupuncture? If so, was it successful?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. It will be nice to get the treasurer job of your shoulders. It sure is muggy in Ontario.

Linda. That's an early start for school. My gs is starting on Sept 7

Jennifer. Have a nice day at Joes. Boy a sangria sounds good. Haven't had one for years.

I have been busy with canning. Have to rearrange my pantry to fit in all the jars. Dh isn't too happy that I'm heating up the house and the ac is running overtime but when the produce is here you just have to. Dd and family are dropping in for a few days on their way from a holiday in prince edward island. Gs is going to celebrate his 8th birthday here. Can't believe it. Yesterday was spent on the trent canal and it was so nice and cool.
take care
sophie
Old 08-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - I tried for some various body aches and it didn't work for me. (Turned out I had all sorts of things wrong.) But I do know others who had success, which is why I tried.

I'm off to the gym today with SIL since my mom is out of the country. This afternoon I have another shift at the new store but their old location (which is further from my home). I hope to learn the register. Our new store opening has been pushed out a week which gives us more time to learn!

BIL left today. So no more house guest. But DH will be back to spending every day with his mom until another BIL gets back to town.

Have a great day.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sad news at work, a co-worker passed away from heart attack, it was a woman and she was only a couple of years older than me. Didn't look sick either which is what I find scary.

DD2 first day of school was this morning, curled her hair and she had her outfit picked out. No pictures this year, she is starting 7th grade....

Ruth I think the weather is slowly turning a bit cooler here not too bad outside. Glad you are removing treasurer from your volunteer duties

Cottage don't get into to much trouble with Maggie

Jekel enjoy your day of niggles

Sophie glad you are getting to see your family this week

Karen good luck with your training at your new job

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 08-17-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Sad news indeed to loose a co-worker, even more so a younger one and seemingly healthy. This is scary.

We had fantastic time in Ohio with our oldest daughter and family in their new home. Smart they have their bedroom on the far left with main open floor plan, then on the far right, their daughter and guest room. I would love to have had such a plan.

Up early, off to the city for Dr's appointment, growth burned off and then to Panera Bread for coffee and late breakfast. Books a million with no need to hurry! What a gift the entire morning has been.

May you have a safe and joyful day.

Sandy
Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2015/07...m-pate-recipe/

this is a very good recipe. Was a big hit. Maybe someone can transfer it into the recipe section. I think its sb complaint.
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 08-17-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Closed Thread