South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach weekend chat, August 8-9

Good morning!

Coffee is on!

I have no idea what I'm doing today, but I'm up for now. I did start decluttering in my office while coffee was making. I've determined there something in the office that's irritating me right now so I guess I'll go back and work on that. I did just look and we may have some rain this afternoon so I guess I'll put it on the agenda to mow the lawn this morning. True excitement here! Back to work tomorrow so I guess if I want it done I better do it today. LOL

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-08-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds like a plan, Debbie. Sure hope you manage some little snippets of relaxation though. And you make really good coffee!

I've been up since 5:30 and have the washer and dishwasher fighting for hot water! As soon as they are settled, I'll hit the shower. This afternoon I go to a 50th wedding anniversary party down at the mighty St Lawrence. My son called me last night (a rare event) and he is all excited over it. Strange because he is a very laid back "whatever" kind of guy. It may be that he is planning to enter his boat in some of the races - "Poker Run"? It will be a great afternoon with Jim's in-laws since there are lots of little kids and my grand daughter Taylor whom I don't see often.

Anyhow, I need to get my morning jobs done - bread run first but can't do that until 8:30. Margo, our baker, used to go to market but is not doing that this year so the bread is ready later. I do like the lovely drive through farmland to pick it up - a nice start to a summer's day.

It is shaping up to be a perfect Saturday. I'm wishing the same for us all!
Old 08-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sounds like everyone is really having a great week.

Tammy hope you had a nice lunch with your internet friend. Can't wait to hear about DD's adventure.

Debbie I know what you mean, I have rooms that annoy me too at times.

Ruth have a wonderful time today!!!

I'm enjoying my smoothie and coffee on my parents deck. Mainly because her kitchen is annoying me right now lol. I love my mom and I don't get to see her nearly enough, but it is very trying spending time with my step dad. He is always critical of me. Now after 25 years of it I speak my mind which he does not like at all.

We did have a really nice visit with my step sister and nephew yesterday. Her home is lovely!!! Mom and I went to Cracker Barrel on the way back. Today we are going to my favorite gift store before friends come for pizza later. Tomorrow it's another 8 hours in the car. I will stop at Cabela's for a pit stop.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 08-08-2015, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, you busy ladies!

I could have slept in this morning, but my brother will be here soon to finish putting in our new front door and the trim around it. I'm still trying to recuperate from having to get up at 2:30am yesterday to get to the airport on time. Even at that ungodly hour, the security lines at O'Hare are looooong and slooooow. I didn't even have time to grab a coffee before my flight when I finally made it to the gate. Whew! It's just a short flight to Philly, but by the time I caught the train home, it was noon. It was a happy surprise to find Brian putting in our new door, we've been waiting on it since last summer!

I had a wonderful week in Chicago. Monica's new home is gorgeous and they love it out there. Monica had plans for every day, so we saw and did a lot! I even stood out on the glass ledge on the skydeck at the Willis Tower. Woohoo!

Only two more days left of vacation, and I'm using them to wind down and ease back into my normal routine. Surprisingly, food has been mostly OP with only a couple of indulgences, and I didn't go overboard on them.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks. Just waiting on the coffee; somehow my household is slow-moving today.

Not sure what is planned; maybe a walk and some yardwork since we have sunny weather.

Welcome home, Cottage.
Enjoy your final day and drive safely tomorrow Jennifer.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Beth, I hope your weather holds and you get your walk in!

Linda, welcome home! Glad you had such a wonderful visit AND your door is getting replaced! Great for not having too many indulgences while gone. It sure makes it easier to get back on track.

Jennifer, funny your moms kitchen is annoying you lol! Drive safe tomorrow. Maybe you will find something interesting at your favorite gift store.

Ruth, hmmm….wonder what is up DS's sleeve? Have a great time at the party!

I did get the office picked up, veggies washed and kitchen sink scrubbed (before veggies). I also tackled a dog project and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Kirby has been scratching for awhile. My groomer/daycare gal determined it wasn't bug related and said "dry skin". I started adding olive oil to his food...no change….changed his food...no change. Well this morning I got him upside down and did find a small spot with some pitch where the hair was stuck together right near his privates. He wasn't happy but I shaved his underside and he doesn't seem to be scratching. Oh, I do hope this has solved it!

I'm just going to move slowly today.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I've already checked a couple of things off my To Do list, but there's a lot more ahead. Yesterday wasn't as productive as I hoped. I started having electrical issues midday, that took me away from things I needed to do while I tried to figure out what was going on. After several false leads we think the inverter needs to be serviced (hopefully not replaced). It mixes our solar and line, charges batteries, etc. I don't really have a clue but something like that. Of course, it is expensive to replace, so hoping that won't happen.

Debbie - Good luck with the desk. Mine has been on the list for awhile, but it's been too nice to stay inside. It's not getting any better

Ruth - Enjoy the day ahead

Jennifer - Cabelas is always a fun stop. Hope it's a relaxing drive home.

Cottage - Hooray for getting things done. Happy last two days of vacation

Beth - Hope the temps are as perfect there as they are here. It is so nice to be outside in this

Okay, time to get moving.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Finally got to sleep in but only did for an extra hour....today need to finish cleaning house, get a few groceries and take DD2 school shopping. DH is outside mowing so I should get going and straighten up.

Ruth have fun today

Debbie glad you tackled the desk and hope the shaving takes care of the itching

Cottage welcome home, glad you had a good time

Beth hope you get your walk in

Jekel family visit can be trying sometimes, we try to keep ours short and sweet

Cyndi fingers crossed you don't have to replace the inverter.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer Family can be a blessing, or at times, not so much. Time with those you love can be a real gift. Our youngest called today just bursting with news and I enjoyed as she rambled and rambled.

Cindy Sure hope your electrical and mechanical problems are solved without breaking the bank.

Debbie May your dog relax and stop scratching. Love having a dog, but at this stage in our lives, we are satisfied without. Discovered how much dogs increase my allergies and asthma so am reluctant to visit our Son, Grandson, and one daughter. We often meet outside - that helps. I do miss our Westie.

Outside for hours in garden, following the shade around to spruce things up and water. Pulled out buckets of weeds against the fence we share with neighbor. Now glad to be in AC.

In spite of following South Beach Diet fairly closely, my good weight Monday was 3 pounds less than this mornings. Lots of veggies, less salt, and no sugar or sweets. Lots of water and exercise. HELP!
Old 08-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

love2garden, I suggest don't worry! Would guess that all is well! Scale bounces around for me all the time yet I just slowly keep getting smaller.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-08-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sandy, weight gain sucks but "Lots of veggies, less salt, and no sugar or sweets. Lots of water and exercise." should help.

Well mine certainly bounced overnight - 2.4 lbs up which I'm hoping is water retention! The 50th Anniversary was lots of fun but a real food-fest. It was also a lovely 75º with just the right amount of breeze. There were 37 people there - all related by either blood or marriage. It was lots of fun because there were so many cute little kids. My DIL had great games arranged that were suitable for everyone. I had fun and really was not expecting much.

Today should be peaceful Of course I have lots to do but think I'll just hang out with the dogs a lot and enjoy the day. I might even get some hand-sewing done on a quilt - I am so far behind! I also want to do some leash-training with Millie before she crushes her esophagus by pulling on the leash when she is wearing her collar. She is just so enthusiastic about life but needs to calm down before I consider training her for pet therapy work. I also plan to do some tiddling up in my front garden - deadheading the daylilies will be first.

Enjoy this lovely Sunday.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sandy, hang in there and try to be patient. It's not unusual to go for a week or longer without any loss, then suddenly you'll see a big drop. That's how it works for me, anyway. At least you know you're eating healthy in the meantime.

I cleaned house and washed mini-blinds yesterday, and today the tips of my fingers are sore and tender. What a tedious job, but it had to be done! I saw my SIL at Mass last night, and she invited me us for her hot tub today, so we'll probably go over there this afternoon. I'm about to go out for some groceries right now, and I'll pick up something to take with us. It will be a pleasant way to spend my last day of vacation.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Yesterday morning I was heading out to tackle a pile of accumulated brush. I chop it into little pieces and put it in the trash bins. My neighbor, who I give would too, drove up with his Jeep and said he was taking my brush to the landfill for shipping. That was sure nice! I helped him load then I got on my bike and rode around town a little bit. I did take it easy in the afternoon and here I am now off to work! My smoothie is made and now I have time for more coffee.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - Millie sounds like quite the character. Glad you had a such a great time at the family shindig last night.

Linda - that sounds like a great way to enjoy your last day! Enjoy! BTW - you should not be cleaning blinds on vacation. No.

I had a lovely time meeting my new friend on Friday. We chatted easily for almost 3 hours, but it's not often we meet someone with our weird condition! Yesterday was pretty low key, and hopefully more of the same today. DH went out on a 2.5 hour kayak ride yesterday, and DS said he wants to join him today! It has been just gorgeous weather here!

Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 08-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm taking a break between the broccoli and the sauerkraut It looks like my dehydrator has given up right in the middle of the summer drying season. I've been saying I want to try fermenting but never seem to have time. Guess I do now It will take Amazon three days to get the new dehydrator to me, so plenty of time to play.

Ruth - What a fun evening! Happy deadheading. I hit the daylilies every day. I usually don't deadhead bee balm because the finches love the seedheads in winter, but I tried a small patch this year to see if I get a second bloom.

Cottage - happy last day of vacation

Debbie - Glad you have some time for relaxing and things you enjoy.

Tammy - We met amazing people online when Julie was sick. they are still some of my best friends, even though I only know most of them online. Glad your experience was good.

Okay, time to get back to it. I am meeting an old workmate for an early lunch, so I need to pack more in to my available time.
Closed Thread