South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Chat Already? June 24

Good morning from a beautiful sunny morning in Delta. It can stop raining anytime for a while. More deluges yesterday afternoon - the lads are really worried about getting the hay in. This may be a summer like last year when I didn't even get my hose out to water.

Yesterday is down the drain and I am so glad. It was busy and completely frustrating, punctuated with being cornered by a local politician insisting I join her campaign. Idiot! She had just attended a "Farmers' Breakfast" in full overdone make up and excessive cleavage, a flowery dress and spike heels. Somewhat inappropriate but the guys probably loved it. I should have joined her campaign as "wardrobe consultant". I don't know what she was thinking! Did get to town for printer ink to discover that Staples was no longer in town - I should have gone to Brockville and considered it. Then I realized that would mean a day of three hours of driving and came home.

Today the fifth and last staff person starts. She is quite young - just 16 and full of enthusiasm. I may have to tell her to turn off the bubbles and listen to some serious stuff. The other staff are 19 or older (University students) and I fear she may have trouble catching up with them. Today I will spend the morning with her getting forms and contracts signed off and will begin orientation of our area. We often get tourists asking where to eat, what else to see and where to find a drugstore.

It's also the last day of public school and, listening carefully, we will hear a great sigh of relief from the teachers and school bus drivers in the county. This means summer will really be here and the Camping Park will be plugged right through to September.

I'm hoping Hump Day is a gentle slope for us all.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:12 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! Love It! Wardrobe Consultant! What WAS she thinking? LOL Have a great day with your newest addition to the team. I'm sure she will fit in just fine.

Tammy, glad to hear you are going to have some extended time for healing!

Me, waiting for dawn to break then I'm headed outside. Today is my final push in the yard before Kirk returns next Wednesday. I've enlisted the help of my neighbor, Josh. He's 15 now and has been my special friend since he was 4sh. He used to love to come over and help me sort my compost worms. It's neat that we've maintained a relationship over the years and it's great that he can just hop over the fence to help. I have an upper section of the yard that I haven't touched and we're going to do a 1 day makeover. Lots of weed digging and hauling but it will be fun to see how it turns out.

I'm going to go fit one more cup of coffee in....Let's just say I've "tipped a few" already. LOL

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was a beautiful 66 degrees this morning it will get up to 90s today with humidity but no rain so I will take it.

Got my glasses ordered yesterday so am good to go there.

Ruth I love your turn off the bubbles comment, I may have to say that to one of my supervisors at times he can turn them on too high lol.

Debbie sounds like you have a partner in crime to tackle the weeds today, hope you get everything accomplished.

Last day in office of this week and then rest of the week is at home. Traffic was not bad this morning so great start to the day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon It is a perfect day here, not too warm, sunny, and a little breeze. We got some rain but not enough again. I will need to water tonight. All the storms are going around us this year.

Tammy - glad to hear you are getting a break for R&R.

Ruth - Hope your Hump Day is going smoothly. Delta is still on my bucket list. One of these days we will make the drive up

Debbie - So glad you have an assistant. hope it's a productive day

Rose - doing better, thanks Hope the great start turned into a great day.

Okay, back to chores. They are never ending
Old 06-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Woke up this morning and thought "why does my head hurrrrrrrrt so baaaaaa---" oh right, Phase 1, Day 3. Welcome, SBD Flu.

Had a bit of a rough night last night, found out that a dog I cared for very much that finally was adopted into his "furever" home about a month ago was euthanized, and it was not medically necessary. The former foster who had him over 3 months is crushed and does not want to reveal the reason for him being put down by the new owner because it will cause a lot of anger and ugliness among the 600+ people that follow his fan page on FB. My heart is broken and I am angry that it's ok to euthanize a dog when they're not sick or suffering. Makes me wonder how he was treated the last month of his life, too. He was such a good boy. Hug your furbabies tight and give them lots of kisses and love!

Well, the good news is that it appears to have stopped pouring for the moment, I almost see the blue sky trying to kick the clouds to the curb. Have to jump on a conference call, only took a quick break to pop in. Hope everyone is having a nice, sun shiney day.

Lisa
Old 06-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

And on lunch, stepped on a snail and killed it, and then saw a squirrel in the yard over jump to a branch that must've been damaged in the storms and crash down to his death in their yard. My brain is screaming for a pint of caramel gelato and my blanket. I might just go home from work and go right to bed.

It's still not raining, at least. Going to avoid the garden tonight due to the mud but am seeing salad and crack slaw in my future. Everyone have a great night!
Old 06-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Weezle SO SORRY! How helpless you must have felt.

Debbie That neighbor boy is so fortunate to have bonded with you early and be helping you now. I still remember the very, very old rose gardener that lived 2 houses from us when I was growing up. Some of the kids were scared of her, but I visited quite often and would try to help her water, her patience was marvelous. I was glad to "play if forward" after I was grown.

Ruth don't envy you the job training, or keeping all on task. Really grateful those days are behind me. Good luck.

Today was pampering day for me. Massage and shampoo with hair cut!

Sandy
Closed Thread