South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend! May 30 and 31!

Where did the month go? Let's petition to make it longer. Back in a minute or so.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OMG - the weather here has been fabulous lately! My DH just got up - pretty unusual because he'll doze until 9am - he and the neighbor are going kayaking. I'll crack the whip when he gets back .

I don't have much on the schedule today. I keep thinking of making granola and nana bread, maybe I'll finally get that done. And a nap of course!

I hope everyone enjoys this last weekend in MAY!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Another month flew by. Hope Jun is just as enjoyable. Managed to pull or ping the muscle between my shoulder blades sleeping, must have been very strenuous sleep lol. Going to hold off on my ride until it losers up. A fun filled day of cleaning and food prep which is fine by me. Maybe some quality time in my beach chair for an afternoon nap. Then back to work tomorrow.

Enjoy the greatness of the day!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

I think I am in the market for a new Keurig. I fiddled around all day yesterday and it seems that the water is not getting out of the reservoir and into the brewing part. I suspect the little thingie at the bottom is clogged. I did find my other coffee maker and made some real coffee this morning.

Tammy, sounds like you are ready to enjoy a good weekend. I like it that you are working in a nap as one of today's tasks.

Jennifer, you must be a very active sleeper! Were you alone? Hope your day is relaxing and productive - that combination CAN happen!

The dogs and I sat on the back deck and enjoyed the clear and fragrant air. The wild phlox are in bloom behind the barn and the field is a mass of mauve and white. What a glorious month but it went too fast.

Lovely dinner up the Hill at Liz and Moel's place. We sat up on the rocks (in comfy chairs) and the guys cooked sirloin (!) over an open fire. It was just the four of us and a very pleasant evening. No mosquitoes at all! Let's hope that continues for the summer.

Today I am off to pick up bread for the Mill and then the day is mine! I'm debating whether to go to town or finish the raised bed - ran out of energy yesterday. I probably clean up my front porch because it's getting time for sitting out there when the deck is too hot.

Wishing you a lovely day filled with good scents. Aside from the wild plox, my Japanese Silk Lilac is coming into bloom. After that it'll be day lily time - I wish time would slow down.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:45 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just planning my day for maximum garden time with a little break in there somewhere Looks like we have rain coming tomorrow so I will finally have some forced inside cleaning time. We need the rain and my house needs the attention

Breakfast is ready, back in a bit
Old 05-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm headed into the yard before it rains today again. It was nice until about 6 o'clock last night which really helped. Back to work tomorrow so I need to get the lawns mowed while it's still dry and continue weeding in my next area of reclamation.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 05-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Another beautiful day here as well, but rain in the forecast for later (and tomorrow). I have the first load of laundry ready to hang outside,then I need to run to the grocery store before I do outside stuff. With DS2 home the refrigerator empties way too fast!!

Sounds like lots of outdoor activities for the chicks today. And while it is sad to see May go at least we have June to look forward to!!!

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am hoping for no rain today since we have received so much the past few days. Yesterday was another day full of running around but got everything done.

Today need to clean house, I am wanting to steam clean one room that the carpeting smells doggy.

Ruth enjoy your day today, sounds like you had a lovely evening

Tywnn from your posts it sounds like you have more energy now

Jekel I hate when I wake up with aches I didn't have when I went to bed, hope it loosing up for you

Cyndi and Debbie have a good day

Beth I know my kids go through food like crazy, I have also learned not to buy in bulk it actually goes quicker then.

Have a wonderful Saturday
Old 05-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. So far May has been the sixth wettest on record here. I'm working this afternoon. Spent my morning so far researching dog-friendly hotels along our route to CA next week. Still haven't decided if we'll ride with DS or take our own car but are now leaning towards the latter.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

No rain here which makes housework less appealing. The house is clean, even DS's room. I couldn't take the "teenage funk" anymore. All the windows are open and enjoying a lovely breeze. I clean so much better when I have music on and no one home....oh yes Ruth I was alone last night lol.

Still need to iron. Oh how I miss my old uniform shirts. They were great wash and wear. Now I have to wear white ones which get gross after one wear and must be ironed. Most guys take theirs to the dry cleaner, but I prefer washing them. We were hopeful to find out about promotions this week, but still nothing. Oh well.

Time to start washing, chopping and slicing veggies for salads. Plan on grilling chicken too. Maybe turkey burgers and grilled veggies for dinner.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer Isn't it great to have house to yourself for a bit! I did yesterday as DD and DH went fishing. Believe me I did better on inside work than they did at the river.

Cyndi and Debbie Being able to get outside is such a delight! Pulling weeds, deadheading those plants I love but I want more blooms, and just delighting in the change since yesterday.

South Beach diet is not so different from the way I've been eating, but surely there is another thing I'm missing that will allow the weight to leave faster. Love the recipes in the book I bought. What marvelous ways to get more veggies into a meal and yet get great flavor and no objections.

How we could use the rain some of you are receiving more than you want. The fishing stream is so low DH could walk across it.

Oh, fresh coffee is ready, good by.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

BWAH HA HA! Did I say I was going to make stuff yesterday? Although, I'll admit, yesterday was one of the warmest days, and it's cooling off today. We did get a wild hair and decided to invite the neighbors over for dinner (they helped us out in a pinch last week) last night, so I made......shhhhh....strawberry cream cheese pie. On the healthy side we had green bean salad and baked sweet potatoes, and she made a delightful salad.

Maybe I'll make that stuff today? I do need to plan out the menu for the week and make sure the kids have stuff for lunches. This is their last week of school! I also barely have summer care for them, I guess I should make sure I take care of that...

Enjoy the day! It's delightfully cooler out, and beautiful as always.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:08 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Yesterday became unbearably muggy in the afternoon - we were heading for 90 with the Humidex. I broke down and turned on the AC, flopped on my bed to read and actually fell sleep for an hour. Woke to a big boom of thunder. Sure cooled things off overnight.

The farmers will be relieved, as am I, since this has been a very dry spring and they were concerned about hay supplied and grain crops. What a hard way to make a living!

Glad you had an impromptu dinner party, Tammy. It's so nice to have neighbours who are also friends. I'm blessed that way. Remember when my "girls" painted?

Things are really wet out there and it's only 45ºF so it will be a good day for inside jobs for a change. I may get my front porch set up for summer sitting. When the guys did the wood floors, they did the cutting out there so it's time to get the shop-vac going. I think there is a box of Christmas lights out there too. I have two flower boxes to fill as well.

So hard to accept that tomorrow is June 1. Despite being sick, May has just whizzed by!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Although it was predicted it didn't rain yesterday. I took mom to Denver to do some of her shopping chores and rush back up so I can get the lawns mowed before one. It never materialized. I had a late lunch and an afternoon nap and when I woke up to take care of the pups I found a second wind so I did a lot of my in the house chores so I wouldn't need to do them today. I stayed up pretty late for me. So I slept in this morning and have been enjoying coffee out on the porch. I think it's time to put nail polish on the nails. My gardening hands don't look too appropriate this morning. Still need to make smoothies, too.

Love2garden, for me, South Beach has been much more than weight loss. Even during times when the scale isn't moving much my body really changes. I really think I replace that with healthier tissue. Many of my arthritis/inflammation issues have subsided, as well. Even after three intense days of gardening my hands especially feel just fine.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:56 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We have cool and rainy here like you, Ruth. Yesterday I did a ton of laundry; with the wind blowing and the hot temperatures the clothes on the line dried in a snap.

I also set up a small raised garden kit that has been lingering in my garage for a couple of seasons. Originally I had thought I would plant herbs in it, but I ended up putting it by the front porch where I had pulled out some dead bushes. I think this will be my spot for annuals since most of my gardens are perennials. I really like the way it looks but I think I will have to hit up the ag teacher at school to see if she has any leftover flowers she will need to clear out as school ends.

I guess today I will do a bit of inside cleaning but then I will probably spend some time with a book.

I need more coffee. Anyone else?
Closed Thread