South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Good Thursday Morning - May 14

Just in from communing with nature and wish to announce that it's a lovely morning! The trees have leafed out very quickly and we're sneaking up on lilac time - good thing because my daffodils are done and I need flowers in the house.

Feeling much better after a sleep that was not interrupted by chest-splitting coughing. I am hoping this is the beginning of a turnaround for this thing. I did go into the office for a short time yesterday morning but did not do any talking because that still sets off the cough. Today I drive the new staff around the township, pointing out places of interest. Luckily I have do thorough research and made cheat cards for them. By the end of the day, they should know how to direct people to Rock Dunder, cheese factories, good shopping and eating plus other highlights. We get all kinds of questions including "How far is it to Calgary?"

My darlings are adjusting to being a two-dog household but gaze longingly up the hill at Milo's house. We'll have to arrange a visit soon. Dogs do love being part of a pack.

Time to dress "appropriately" and organize my car and maps for this jaunt. I am really counting on being back by noon when another director will take over and put the staff to work cleaning the Mill. Now that's a job! I will stay away because I don't need any more coughing from dust - my chest is sore enough!

Enjoy this glorious May day!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Rain is back in our area for the next couple of days, I don't mind when it's light rain so hopefully it will stay that way.

Had successful interviews and are making offers just have 1 full time and 1 part time opening left to fill and the interviews will have to wait until I get back from conference.

Today is wfh and only thing on agenda is to run to the base hospital to get my mammo records so I have when I get my referral appointment. They no longer do there.

Ruth glad you had a restful sleep helps so much. It is nice hearing about Spring activities.

Debbie conference this time is Nashville, TN so we are just renting a car since it is only 4 1/2 hours away.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #3  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Good lol about Calgary. Why its only a short 4 day drive from here. Glad you are getting better.

Pearlrose. Have a safe trip to your conference.

busy with all sorts of things. Finished knitting and putting together elephant for my dgs. Will see if I can learn how to post picture from my gallery on my tablet. Now I have to make some cushions for my other dgs. A friend gave me a huge bag of rhubarb. That will make dss come around for strawberry/rhubarb pie. This weekend is Victoria weekend here. How did that happen so quickly.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

I dropped in very early then started digging weeds....7 hours later and not much noticeable progress. I forced myself to stop. It's just the time of year I can pull a 2# weed before it turns into a 4 ft tall tangled vine. Oh, well. I think I'm going to take it easy for a bit before deciding if I'm headed over to the pool tomorrow and Sat. Sis is encouraging me to come over.

Sophie, I look forward to your picture!

Pearlrose, Nashville sounds fun!

Ruth, hope you are home by now! Glad you are feeling better.

Take care everyone! It's a busy time of year.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We were out the door by 5 a.m. and just got home. Had a perfect day at the shore with lots of warblers and other birds. Now for a quick grill dinner, a glass of wine, and an early bed night
Old 05-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

20150512_204139.jpg

See if this works
sophie
Old 05-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

hey chicks, another busy spring day! After work DH and I went to visit a neighbor who is building a small barn. I think DH is jealous! Does that mean I have to get him one for Father's Day???

We had frost this morning; not too heavy but enough that I was glad I have not yet planted anything tender. Next weekend will be the big planting.

Ruth, the Calgary question makes me smile. When I was growing up we would visit my relatives in Kansas; I remember neighbor children asking if I walked by the Stature of Liberty on my way to school each day!! Um no....I live 250 miles from it!!

Have a good evening, chicks. Tomorrowi s Friday!!
Closed Thread