South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 06:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend SBD Chat, April 11-12

Good Morning

I thought I'd get us started while the coffee is brewing. I set the alarm for just enough time to drink adequate coffee, get dressed and make my smoothie before heading to work this morning. Yesterday was good money and today should be, too. The weather is nice and it's a little too early to garden so Denver folks go driving in the mountains. Nothing else particularly interesting.....

Stop and say hi

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Debbie. It's nice to see it all ready and waiting in our Cyber Kitchen here on the Beach. I hope you have pleasant customers today who are generous withe the tips.

Millie and I are off to the dog-spa in Westport for 9. This will be her first appointment and I am sure she will be nervous. Not sure if she will have a haircut or just a "strip" - she's double-coated. She grooms herself a lot - she is a whiz at getting burrs out of her feet. Sister Joan is going to meet me for breakfast and then we'll poke around the trendy shops and maybe buy something "spring-ish." We should be home before noon to enjoy the rest of the day. I do have to do a photographer tour of the Mill with Anna - we are to be featured in one of those free mags they supply on airplanes - Porter, I think.

Time to crank up the day. Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Thanks for strarting us off Debbie. Hope the generous tipping continues today. I make time before work for my morning smoothie too.

Ruth hope all goes well for Millie today. I coukd use some retail therapy, but sigh it will have to wait.

It is really a sping like morning. Dogs barking at nothing lol just the yard. I love having the windows open (not quite there yet), but Mick goes nuts. It takes him a few weeks to get used to outdoor noise again

We had a productive day at Joe's. Age was cleaning out the fridge when I got there. Even his son was cleaning his room! So we spend the day cleaning and catching up on laundry. Joe made bear chili which was really good, even took some home

After DS leaves for work, I am going to get myself ready for my first outdoor ride if the season. I can't wait!!!! I just hope I am not too far off my times from last year. Enjoyed seeing a 2 pound whoosh today so I am extra motivated.

Get outside today and enjoy the fresh air
Old 04-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, quick stop in while I wait for my coffee to finish.

Jennifer, congrats on the whoosh and what a productive day! We aren't quite ready yet for outside rides; lots of rain today.

Ruth, enjoy your morning out!

Debbie, may the tips be good and the diner be busy but not overcrowded.

I think DH and I are stopping by the outdoor expo today, then going for groceries. Have a good day all!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-11-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I was SO EXCITED that I slept until 7:30 am, until I remembered I didn't fall asleep until after 1. Oh well - better than my normal 5 am?

Debbie - at least you got good $$. I'm glad you have so much energy to do that

Ruth - sounds like a fun day planned! Hope miss millie does well.

Jennifer - enjoy your ride! It is beautiful out here this morning.

Beth - enjoy the outdoor expo!

I *really* need to get some shoes! A mysterious someone (that I later found out) sent me an awesome pair of Clarks, but my feet are still sore in the evenings. So we're taking a trip "over the mountains", which is an absolutely beautiful drive into Amish land. I don't get out much anymore, so I think my DH is excited. One of his favorite cousins was killed in a car wreck last night, and with everything we've been through this year, it's hitting him hard. Hopefully getting out will take his mind off of it.

Nothing else much exciting to report - just work and rest. And shoes!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The Sun is shining, I was up at 6 but stayed in bed until 7:30 a.m. felt good to just relax. Today need to finish cleaning, need to dust and put a couple of loads of laundry to keep up. Nothing else on the agenda, I am sure my crew will be watching the Blues today.

Debbie I hope your tips are generous today as well

Ruth hope Millie enjoys her spa day

Jekel hope you get a nice ride in today yea for a swoosh for you

Beth enjoy your day

Tywnn sorry to hear about your DH cousin.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 04-12-2015, 05:56 AM   #7  

Good morning ya'll!

We had a nice journey yesterday. Today will probably more low key, I have some niggles to do, and DH is planning on taking DD kayaking.

There is a NOISY bunch of birds out there this AM! I think they're as excited about spring as I am .
Old 04-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glorious sunrise this morning which bodes well for the day. I hope it's like that for you too, Tammy, and I hope your day is restful.

I know that mine will be busy and also sad. I am driving to Ottawa to see my oldest friend, Shirleyanne, who is in the last stages of cancer. She has had it for years but it may finally be winning. She was embarrassed to tell me that she has lost thirty pounds - that's my Shirl, not wanting to make me feel bad since she knows I've been struggling with my weight since we met way back in 1958 and really clicked. She was a bridesmaid at my first wedding and again at the second. I am going to take her some pansies which I will plant in her garden to try to add a bit of hope to the situation.

In happier news, it looks like we have Spring. The ice is still in the Lakes but looks like it's breaking up. It should be gone by next weekend - sure hope so as the cousins want to put in the boats and head for the Island. We'll have a high of 71ºF on Monday which sure looks like spring to me! My re-booked perio appointment is then so I will not be able to use the weather as a reason to cancel.

Time to throw in a load of laundry before I leave for Ottawa. I should be on the road by ten and home by five or so. Moel and Liz are going to let the pups out for a while early afternoon. Such good neighbours!

Enjoy this gorgeous day!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth, Tammy and chicks to come!

We also have glorious sun today and highs in the 60-70 range are predicted for the next 5 days. I am believing spring is really here. There are only a few remnants of snow lingering and I have some daffodils that have sprouted as well!!

Ruth, I hope you have a safe journey and a good visit, although I'm sure it will be bittersweet. Not many friendships last 50 years.

Tammy, get some rest with your niggles.

The big event of my day is my new freezer is being delivered. The old one has served the family well for over 25 years but this one will be a bit bigger and perhaps more energy efficient.

Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-12-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is looking outside like it might rain at some point today, but everything is so green it looks nice.

Swept the porch off and need to do deck and maybe blow out the garage today and finish up laundry.

Have a nice Sunday everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-12-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon. Ruth I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Fifty years of friendship is amazing. Gina and I are going on 26. I think we will make 50 definitely. Glad you have great neighbors to help with the pups.

Tammy glad you enjoyed your outing yesterday.

Beth congrats on the new freezer

Pearlrose doesn't it feel great just to get outside.

My ride yesterday was awesome....well except for the headwind coming back. I thought the winds was going to know me over. Can't wait to be off Wednesday to ride again. Was down another 2 this morning!!!! I've been storing water like a camel lol....I can see Tammy thinking of the Geico commercial with Mike lol
Old 04-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #12  

Mike, Mike, Mike, MIKE, MIKE!
Closed Thread