South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Hump Day! Wednesday, March 25

And nine months from today ... Never mind!

Yesterday was way too busy and stressful which meant I woke at 3 a.m. once again. I ended up stuck beside a local reporter at the breakfast. She is one of those people who asks way too many questions and she's known to publish stuff which was supposed to be off the record. From 9 to noon we met with the settlers trek group who are trying very hard to offload stuff on us. Then there was a Mill meeting to discuss menu and posters for the Victorian Tea followed by the revelation that advertising for summer student application had not been done. By then I could feel myself shutting down!

I spent the remains of the day working on proof-reading Doug's cheese history book - boring but not frustrating. Jazz and I sent some quality time watching TV while I groomed him. Bed felt good.

Today I am finally tackling the laundry - mainly because I'm running out of clothes! Paul is coming to discuss a job this morning but we'll try not to linger over coffee. He is changing my barn doors to open out, rather than in. The old concrete floor heaves in the spring and the doors won't swing completely open - makes for tight parking. (The barn is designated heritage and this will be considered a "restoration", partly covered by a grant.)

At noon I have pet therapy with Jazz and some minor shopping to do - Michelle comes to clean tomorrow and we need a few things. Gotta keep her happy!

Rain is on the menu for the next two days with snow for dessert on Friday. I sure hope they are wrong about dessert because the snow is going down nicely.

Happy humping through Wednesday. This time next week it'll be April!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! I hope your day is a lot more pleasant than yesterday was.

My yesterday passed by in a whirlwind but today does look a lot tamer, and I should even get home at a decent hour. I'm catching the train to my DD's in NJ right after work tomorrow, so I want to stop by Dad's on my way home this afternoon to sort out his meds for the next week, then get laundry done and pack a bag when I get home. I'll be staying with my DGD, Carley, until Monday, while Monica is out of town.

Mmmmm, my coffee tastes especially good this morning!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Three loads done now and I too am enjoying my (second) coffee. I may even get dressed soon - although Paul has seen me in my jammies before. We are not supposed to get rain until late in the day so I may clean off that clothes line and hang my sheets outside to encourage Spring!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - shhhhh, I do the same thing (9 months!!)

Cottage - sounds like you have a great long weekend planned .

I am so excited - I started another new med to help with my spastic muscles, work was really tough yesterday afternoon because of this (so my legs always feel like logs because they're always contracting) I'm hoping it's not the reason that I slept horribly though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Work this AM, and hopefully a nap this afternoon. My feet were aching last night, and I'm thinking my new Clarks can't handle the work, darned it. I'm going to the local shoe place tomorrow to find a better pair. Shoe shopping isn't the worst way to spend my time!!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow Ruth your days are getting hectic again. Linger in your jammies as long as possible!!!

Linda have a great weekend with Carley.

Tammy hope you get some great new shoes and relief for your spasms

Finished with work until Sunday. Going to Joe's later. Just the usual stuff for my days off. My BF from HS dad passed away Mobday. He had very aggressive Cancer. I contacted the funeral home for the arrangements. I was planning on going to the services. However, they had a direct cremation, no wake or services. I am hoping they have a memorial service at some point. He was such a sweet man with a hart laugh and a great smile.

Hope everyone has a great day. I may actually take the bike off the trainer one day and venture on the road soon....not today though as we are due for heavy rain later
Old 03-25-2015, 07:21 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Crap! Just got two funerals and a visitation added to the rest of the week. The good news is that Madeleine the Bookeeper found an $8800 refund of sales tax to be returned by the Feds. Of course that means I have to drive down to the River to sign some papers but ... after Pet Therapy will work.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had lots of Thunderstorms yesterday, supposed to get more this evening. Today and tomorrow are in office days, I have interviews. Need to buckle down and get some projects finished as well.

Ruth that was a busy day yesterday, yeah for refund

Cottage sounds like a fun weekend with your gd.

Tywnn hope the new meds work

Jekel spring makes you want to move more that's for sure

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Hope your day is calmer. How's the sap running this year

Tammy. Take it easy today

Linda. Enjoy your gd

Jennifer. Enjoy your days off

Pearlrose. Sounds like a busy day. Must be warmer if you are getting thunderstorms.

I bought an application for all my cookbooks. Its amazing. I have indexed half of them and can do a search, for instance if I type in salmon it gives me recipes in all my cookbooks that have been indexed by the application with the page number. You can bookmark magazine and online recipes too and from blog the application has indexed. There are a number of other uses which I have to familiarize myself with. I think I will get better use of all my books(about 150). I love them all
take care
Sophie
Old 03-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sophie, that sounds like a really interesting app!

I am sitting down to watch some trash tv. We traveled this morning with 2 vehicles. A half hour later start and the road would have been closed Westbound. We hit the pool and had lunch. Mom and sis went shopping, DH napping I will enjoy these quiet moments.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth and Tammy, my DH is just like you two with that "9 months from now" stuff. He's the teacher that during the last month of school always started the countdown...to the opening day of school!!

Warm here today; that felt good! And now we are getting some rain so maybe the snow will finally leave. I'm not sure how the sap run is going.

Sophie, that app sounds awesome. I have too many cookbooks, and don't use them enough right now.

Cottage, sounds like a great weekend!

Jennifer, for outside riding.

to Debbie and Pearl.

Off to make supper. Later, chicks!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Debbie and Tammy, I don't knowif I can name the application here.
take care
sophie
Old 03-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

sorry I've been MIA again. If you guessed work, you were right. Just trying to psych myself up to go back out and work more tonight. Just for fun I got Tim's bug too. I am looking forward to a three-day Easter weekend.
Closed Thread