South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday Beach Chat for 03/05/15

Good morning, ladies. Way too early/late for me to come up w/ a creative title. Any mod, please feel free to get creative w/ it if the mood strikes.

Wow. I haven't been around since Christmas, it seems. Yikes! Well, let's see what's been going on. The diet has been, well, let's be honest...non-existent. I have GOT to get back on track, ladies, before I wind up right back where I started. Ugh. Yesterday was Day 2 of Phase I and I got stuck at work for an extra shift w/ no extra food. So, of course, I had to order pizza. I have GOT to work on this.

Made a trip to Florida to visit Jaime. I can't believe it, but in 2 weeks we'll be celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Wow. I visited him for a week and we took a weekend trip to Key West. It was so wonderful (even if I was sick 4 of the 7 days I was there). I am one smitten kitten, I tell ya!

I'm going to post a pic of us from Key West and then I'll hush up. I feel like I always come in, update everybody, and then disappear. I'll try to be a better member, I swear!

How has everybody been? Anything exciting happening? Who has the coffee!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg key west.jpg (34.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 03-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! It's so good to hear from you and hear that things are going well except for the food. Food can always get better. Just keep working on it!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! It was a pretty unexciting day. I had to work And the boss wanted to talk to me afterwards nothing bad but it took time. Came home to take a nap and just fell sleep. Now we are just about ready to head out the door for a trip over the hill. Clear skies and so the roads are to be pretty good. Have a great day everyone and I'll look forward to hearing from you from the other side
Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Natasha so happy things are going well with you.....and Jamie....Hey you are making an effort to get back on track, so that is a good start! Especially with the winter you have, it is understandable. Unprepared doubles suck lol....My work go to breakfast is two eggs sunny side up with turkey and Swiss on top....Lunch is Chopped (love the salads) or a salad from anywhere....dinner seems to be salad too or a burger, no bun and a side salad (French fries are a downfall for me) Normally I pack all three meals plus snacks which really helps.

Debbie safe travels. Hope you get some pool time today.

I am supposed to go to Joe's today, but snow is falling so I may go tomorrow. I do need to take my bike back to the shop. They made an adjustment and now it takes all my hand strength to shift. Last night I struggled with it. Today I'll just leave it in the harder gear when I ride.

I felt bad I didn't get to go with Rebecca. Believe me she understood we had terrible ice yesterday. I spend most of my day breaking it up and shoveling. Hopefully next week I'll get up to see her.

Nothing exciting, dogs are still sleeping so I'll sneak in a second cup...anyone else want one?
Old 03-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Natasha, so glad to see you stop by. The picture is great! Glad everything is going well for you. The food will fall into place sometime!

Debbie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Ew, you should've told the boss no "discussions" on your birthday! Glad you got some extra sleep.

Jennifer- Wow, that's dedicated to pack all 3 meals. Hope they get your bike fixed ASAP!

Shhhhhhhh....so far the kids still have school! We got almost no snow last night, but the radar is all blue. The ice yesterday was pretty bad, everyone was out cleaning driveways and sidewalks before the next wave comes. Even I'm tired of winter - but this makes me appreciate spring even more. Can you smell the honeysuckle yet?!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Spring? Bah humbug! We have more snow coming today but we did go above freezing for five minutes yesterday - first time since January! This winter is interminable.

Luckily our power stayed on the rest of the day yesterday and overnight. This old house was chilled to the bone all day despite the propane stove roaring away and keeping the back room cozy. However, I am grateful that we did not get the ice that people got on the other side of The Mighty St. Lawrence. I actually sat and sewed and watched daytime TV - terrible stuff! I didn't realize Maury P was still alive!

Not sure what today will bring. I am hoping to get a bit of window trim done so we can get the drapes hung back up. I am tempted to slap a bit of pale aqua on the diningroom wall just to see how it looks. I'll try to hold back on that.

Raising my mug in a toast to a quiet day for the dogs and me. They are sleeping curled together when I come downstairs on these cold morning.

On we go, stumbling towards Spring!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee right now. I enjoyed the first one while looking out the windows, watching this beautiful snowfall. So far we have several inches on the ground, and it's supposed to snow all day. I'm loving it, since it means a Snow Day for me, and an extended weekend.

Natasha, great to hear from you and I'm glad things are still going strong with you and Jaime.

Debbie, enjoy your trip over the hill today! Sorry you had such a long day at work yesterday, and on your birthday, too!

Jennifer, we had awful ice here yesterday, too, but the warm temps in the afternoon did help melt some of it. Unfortunately, the pools of water on the roads refroze overnight again, and now we have snow over top of that, making it extremely treacherous out there. Wow, I admire you for packing for 3 meals every day! I have trouble sometimes just packing my one lunch!

Tammy, I'm surprised you aren't in this latest storm. All schools are closed here, and it's coming down hard and steady. I'm tired of winter, too, but I have to admit that it does look pretty outside, and there's something really special about a Snow Day.

Ruth, I'd love to be up there, painting your window trims and helping Karen get your diningroom painted. I'm itching to get our house painted, but Jake wants to wait until DS and his family are out of here first. It's looking like my day will be pretty much what your day looked like yesterday. Reading, sewing, and TV watching. Enjoy your quiet day!

One thing I WILL do today is get out and take a walk in the snow. I have to mail some things at the post office, so that will entice me to get out and get some exercise, plus enjoy what I hope is the last snow of the season!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is cold here but no ice 50 miles south it is bad though so we lucked out. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's in the afternoon so I keep thinking about that to get through the bitter cold of today and tonight.

Natasha great picture, glad to hear from you.

Debbie enjoy your time over the hill

Jekel hope you get your bike fixed soon

Tywnn you know winter is bad when your tired of it

Ruth that sounds like a lovely color, I really need to repaint the house but first I need to declutter

Cottage enjoy your day

Have a great day
Old 03-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

so my kitchen aid dishwasher broke. Its just a little over 5 years old. I use it about ever 3rd day but it gets used moreon holidays, etc. Guess what the problem is, the motor fell out. They sure don't make them like they use to.
lucky us our next door neighbor is an appliance repairman, I guess I'll have to forgive him for using the snowblower at 11p.m.(that's if the bill isn't too high.
spring is coming next week for a couple of days according to the weatherman.
take care
sophie
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sophie that's terrible. Hopefully it can be fixed. I am guilty of late night / early morning snow blowing. Thankfully my neighbors understand my work schedule. I make up for it, like today, clearing 3 neighbors' driveways plus a walk way for the fourth.

Good news the bike shop was closed because of weather. When I got there the manager was picking up his cell phone charger, saw me pull in the lot and waved me inside. He explained to me what the problem is, very common after having new cables installed and showed me how to adjust them on my own. They really treat their customers well. I have referred two of my guys to them for tune ups this week.

Ok time to hit the shower again lol
Closed Thread