South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wild & Wintery Weekend SBD Chat for 2/14

Happy Valentine's Day!

I was greeted at 4:30 by doggie kisses and Ruby trying to nudge me to get up. And I was hoping to sleep in this morning for a nice change of pace since I'm house/dog-sitting at the farm. Oh well, the furbabies had other ideas and think I'm here to spoil and play with them all day.

So they've had their biscuit and a romp outside in the frigid air and now they want to sleep. Grrrr! I'm going to enjoy my coffee before heading back upstairs for a shower, and I'm tinkering with the idea of getting back into my PJs since it's supposed to be a miserable day with white-out snow squalls off and on. I think I'll light a fire in the fireplace in the livingroom and work on my cross-stitch all day, although I will have to treck outside to feed the goats at some point.

So how's your weekend shaping up? I'm eager to hear from Ruth and learn about her Cuban vacation, too!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

GOOD MORNING, Linda!!

Sounds like a nice, calm, quiet weekend at the farm for you. How can your hubbie woo you when you're there??!! Believe it or not, DH left me roses before he went on his trip. I won't mention that I interrupted him picking out cards at the grocery store, we both went at the same time. Then he was too embarrassed to get a card

I think it's supposed to be pretty miserable here too, and the temps will be single digit highs tomorrow. My only plan is to go to Macy's and other places to get winter clearance clothes for that girl I call my daughter. She's 4 inches shorter than me and wears my shoes at the age of 10!

Oh darned, DH is gone, I get to use the Keurig....
Old 02-14-2015, 07:13 AM   #3  

That's funny about interrupting your DH buying you a card, Tammy! Jake and I just wish each other a Happy Valentine's Day and I'm lucky to get a peck on the cheek, LOL! Enjoy your Kuerig; I'm missing mine and should have brought my mini one with me. They have a fancy-smancy expresso machine here, but it's just not the same.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, ladies! I'm sipping coffee and watching the snow fall. We are only supposed to get a couple inches, but at least the cloud cover means it will be 25* warmer than yesterday when the high was 1*. Tomorrow we go back to the subzero stuff.

DH and I have the whole week off. Must be the local superintendents all need a break at this time of year! We were hoping to go see DS1 at college tomorrow but this latest storm may force us to cancel that. We'll check the weather and play it by ear.

As for DH and I went out to eat last night and might break out some champagne tonight at home. I've got lobster tails in the freezer so we're all set.

Tammy, that is so sweet! I can't remember the last time I got flowers.
Cottage, I'm on the verge of breaking down and buying a keurig myself. Enjoy your day.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Mostly I'm going to spend some time reading a couple books on my Kindle; they've been waiting patiently for some attention.

When does Ruth return? Hope the weather doesn't impact her.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #5  

Morning, Beth! Your valentine plans sound nice. I think I will open a nice bottle of wine tonight and treat myself to a glass or two. My hubby is happily ensconced at home, and I couldn't talk him into coming to spend the weekend with me here. He's a real homebody.
Ruth was due to get in late last night, so I think we should be hearing from her later today.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Valentines Day!

All we do is buy small boxes of chocolate for the kids and that is our valentine's day lol. Not sure what is on the agenda today we might venture out for a bit even though it is super cold today. The boy scouts are recycling this morning and if I can get either DH or DS up in time I will have them load some old tv's and air conditioners into the car so we can get rid of them.

Cottage enjoy your quiet time out at the farm.

Tywnn that was sweet of DH, I have only received flowers from DH once when we were dating lol

Beth I hope that the weather cooperates and you are able to visit DS.

Have a wonderful day
Old 02-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda. Enjoy your crosstiching with the fireplace light and a nice glass of wine, what could be better except milking the goats lol

Tammy roses how nice

Beth. Champagne and lobster tails are a nice combination.

Pearlrose. Enjoy your weekend

so dh said to me this morning. Happy valentine's and its half way thru the month. Very romantic after 46 years. I forgive him and will make french onion soup, his favorite. Tonight we cook together because we are foodies and then tomorrow celebrating his birthdsy with family. I don't know were I read this but when you get to a certain age you should also celebrate half birthdays. I talked to a friend in Montreal (where I grew up) and so many acquaintances have passed on, most of them in mid70s. So maybe I will do that, if only a day to pamper myself. Have a good weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Apparently we are celebrating the day with our once a month or less sleep-in morning. I guess everyone was tired! We've got, you guessed it, more snow and bitter cold in the weekend forecast. We will snuggle in and stay home. Plenty of things to get done here We had a special day yesterday instead. I really needed green so we went to the Smith College PLant Conservatory. It was beautiful, green and warm. There were benches to sit and enjoy the whole thing and the bulbs were just starting to bloom for the bulb show. It was exactly what the doctor ordered and we left feeling like we might just make it through the last chunk of winter. After that we had a late lunch at our favorite restaurant and then a TJs run.

Cottage - That is Cricket every morning. Wakes us up to get her belly rubbed then back to sleep for a couple of hours.

Tammy - Very thoughtful of DH to leave roses I was wearing my mom's shoes at about that age too. The good news is she will be too big for them soon.

Beth - enjoy your week off!

Rose

Sophie - Hubby and I are making a dessert together tonight. We both were looking at recipes and he really wants to do more cooking together. I'm hoping for a flourless chocolate something or other.

mmm, right now he is making me breakfast. It all looks elaborate and smells like a good start. Yum
Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Happy Valentine’s Day!! DH tried to let me sleep but Peanut was having none of it! He likes his people to all be in the same place so he did that doggy stare (you know the one you can feel burning your skull?) until I finally got up. Waiting for me on the counter was a wonderful cup of coffee with a little VD greeting written in dry erase marker. My DH is so sweet!! I made him a card and we are going out to dinner tomorrow night. Other than that nothing special for the holiday. Today we have to go grocery shopping and go to Sam’s - romantic, eh?

Linda - Sounds like we had similar doggy mornings!

Tammy - Happy shopping - drive safe!

Beth - Have fun on your week off!

Pearlrose - Stay warm if you venture out!

Sophie - I think pampering yourself any day is a great idea!! Happy Birthday to your DH!

Cyndi - Mmmm…chocolate!! Enjoy your breakfast and let us know how the dessert comes out tonight.

Everyone have a great day and I’ll try to send some of our 60 degree weather your way. Well…at least until Monday when they are calling for snow and a high of 21 - gotta love Colorado!!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #10  

It's snowing!!! The forecast called for snow squalls and showers, but it's been coming down hard and steady for the past hour and everything has a lovely coating of white. I don't have to go anyplace and am quite content with a nice pot of Earl Grey and Beatles Radio on.

It sounds like everyone is enjoying their Valentine's Day. Jake and I had a nice chat on the phone this morning, and I asked him where were my flowers and candy, and he said "pretend." LOL! How romantic!

I need chocolate. I know Cindy keeps a stash around here somewhere.........

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-14-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:36 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Early good morning but no doggie greetings. Got in early Saturday morning 4:30 a.m. or so Saturday morning and stayed in the city. Major blizzard was happening so I decided to leave the furries at the kennel an extra night and drove home by mid-afternoon. Really bad driving but at least it was daylight! All was well at home - lane shovelled, heat still on and my floors looking wonderful! I was in bed at 8 PM.

This morning, I will shovel the huge drift at the deck door so the doggage can get to the yard and then go to get them. They'll be kennel smelly but a snow dry-cleaning will help that. (Keith usually gives baths before sending them home but it is really, really cold here.) Then I'll tackle the emails and snail mails or else just leave them until Monday.

Stay safe and warm.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #12  

Welcome back, Ruth, and I'm glad you made it home safely. Did you have to acclimate yourself to the frozen tundra after basking on the beach all week?

It's absolutely brutal outside! The thermometer says 4* and the windchill makes it feel like -14. The dogs weren't out very long, just did their business and came right back in this morning! We're having gusts of 55 mph and I'm surprised that we didn't lose power.

I'm going to wait until around 10 before I head home, hopefully the roads will be a lot clearer by then.

What's it like in your neck of the woods today?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Brrrrrrrrr, kitty! What did my daddy say - colder than a witch's WHAT?!! It's -4 here with a -20 windchill. Needless to say it was a quick potty for the dog this AM!

Ruth, it's so good to see you back on here, and that you made it home safely! Did you have cabana boys taking care of you? Did you enjoy yourself?

Linda - You'll need to warm your car up for 1/2 hour before you go home! Did you enjoy your quiet night?

I did go to Macy's yesterday, and got 13 items of clothes for $60!! The receipt says I saved $300. WOO HOO! That little trip completely wiped me out though, and I did next to nothing the rest of the day. It was good the kids are gone so I can actually rest. I watched a bunch of romantic comedies on, since it was VD.

Today - church, groceries, and nothing else . A friend said she might come over to play board games if she gets her homework done (she returned to school at my age....ca-razy.....).

Have a warm day...
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! Freezing here too; as long as we're sharing war stories: it's -2* with -19 wind chill. We probably ended up with 6 or 7 inches of snow. I guess I will have to venture out to tidy up the walks and such today.

Tammy, what a score at Macy's!! I love those kinds of shopping trips.Get some rest today.

Ruth, welcome back! Glad you made it safely since there have been all kinds of accidents around here.

Cottage, warm that car up before you get into it! Do you have heated seats?

Ok, I'm off to get my coffee. Have a great Sunday, chicks.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still not dressed but am fairly decent in jammies - good thing because charming Richard the ploughing guy came in! My car was still in the lane and he couldn't finish the lane. He was very grateful when I offered hum a coffee and didn't seem fazed by the jammies at all. (His wife even wears them for going to the store.) Had a good chat and got caught up on the week's Village happenings.

I just checked the long range forecast for the week and wish I had not! Our daily highs are way below the historic daily lows for the next week! Cold advisories all over Eastern Ontario and records are broken - shattered would be more like it! Brrrrr - and I need to go out to shovel before I get the dogs.
Closed Thread