South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:35 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday, SBD Chat, Feb 12

Good Morning!

Coffee is on!

I'm tiptoeing around. Kirk is in the shop and ex is still sleeping . She leaves today and is excited to get home, for now. We know this isn't over.

The kids mediated a plan with the court. DD is going to watch her kids at his house during the day. Nanny cams to be installed and only visitors to be family. She is supposed to get drug counseling, but we don't know where the accountability will be for that. All we can do now is resume our lives and hope some good comes. Thanks, all, for many kind words during this time!

Our neighborhood excitement is mountain lions...a mom and 3 young ones. A neighbor took a pic of one staring into our yard from the high street on Tuesday and they were spotted again yesterday afternoon. We've all been alerted about our household pets. I don't know if they will try to relocate them. One was on my coworkers porch last week, not a block away.

My paperwork has taken a hit and I must get back to it. My old maple floor creaks upstairs so I make the initial trip down then try to occupy myself until she rises. Not much to downstairs since she has been cooking, doing dishes and laundry to keep herself busy.

Well I guess I'll get another cup of coffee...

Have a great day everyone!

Stop and say hi.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-12-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee start-up, Debbie. I was sipping it while reading your post. I'm hoping things start settling down and the kids' new plan works out. Will anyone be stopping in to check on things during the day?

Gabby, I'm glad you had a great vacation, and welcome back!

Pearlrose, I hope your ankle is healing well.

Well, I'm off to work since we didn't win the lottery. At least it's my Friday!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, Debbie. I hope there is some kind of accountability with the drugs, that's so important. That's great the ex is helping maintain the house. I'm sure she appreciates you working so well with the family.

Linda - hope it's a quick and easy work day so you can enjoy your weekend! Too bad this weekend is supposed to be cold as a....ummm...something. DH and kids decided to go to NC - I could've met up with you!

Work went okay yesterday, I worked almost 5 hours instead of 4. I was thinking in the afternoon how great I felt, and then....I moved (LOL). My legs were exhausted so I was walking funny. Gives me a great excuse to do nothing today, although I do have a friend coming over this AM to visit. Otherwise I will cuddle under my blankie!

Have a warm day, y'all!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to a dusting of snow and blustering winds and cold temps that will stay until next week brrrr.

Swelling is almost gone but ankle still hurts. Had to take the wrap off last night as woke up in pain that it was hurting the heel of my foot. Don't need to add to the pain lol. I am going to just elevate today and will wrap if I need to go anywhere for support.

Debbie I am glad there is a plan, will someone monitor the cams or check in? If you snap a picture of the lion you will need to post

Cottage I am trying to decide if today is my Friday or not. I had taken off tomorrow and Monday to go visit my parents but we moved that to April so I don't know if I want to take a day off tomorrow when all I can do is basically sit with my leg up. I will definitely take Monday off still.

Tywnn glad to hear that your work went well yesterday except at the end. Hopefully your blankie will help today.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Well…my final gain from our cruise vacation was only 3#!! I’m thrilled that it will probably only take me a week or two to get back to where I was. It was totally worth the indulgences and I’m excited to get back on track.

Debbie - So glad that it sounds like things are moving in the right direction! Yikes - I’m always so worried about my little dog with regard to wildlife and I don’t have any confirmation of anything as big as a mountain lion being that close. DH did see a coyote the other evening on his walk so we’ve been extra careful to limit and watch Peanut when he goes out after dark.

Linda - Thanks for the welcome back! Sorry you didn’t win the big jackpot - hopefully work will go quickly!

Tammy - Glad that work went well and that you can rest today.

Pearlrose - I hope you get to feeling better quickly!! Stay warm!!

Just working today and then this evening I think I’ll play with paper. My dance group is going to start a new program where two dancers each month will get a little special something from the leaders (I’m on that committee). I’ve volunteered to make the cards that will go with the gifts. They will definitely be blingy which is always fun to create.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

-15* tonight, wind chill of -35*, high tomorrow of -3*!!! Can we pul-lease have spring!!!

Ok, I got that out of my system. Work was routine today and I got caught up on some paperwork, which is a good feeling. We have a break next week for President's Day, so that's something to look forward to. Tonight I need some comfort food so I am having a glass of wine and making flax crust pizza. I'd try the cauliflower crust again, if I had some cauliflower...

Cottage, sorry you didn't win the lottery.

Debbie, I am just so impressed by your stamina through this ordeal; hopefully things are looking up.

Tammy, did you get to rest today? I could have easily stayed in the fleece sheets this morning.

Gabby, 3 pounds is awesome. It is so hard to eat well when traveling. I gained 1.5 in the last 2 weeks without going anywhere.

Pearlrose, hope the ankle feels better soon. One of my students managed to sprain their ankle in gym today!

Ok, I need to putter in the kitchen. Have a good evening and stay warm, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-12-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

back home from Boston. The pictures don't really tell the story. What mess! I was busy with the cutest little guy in the world. In one month he has gone from cute baby to a flirty, playful little guy. He and his daddy howl at each other, too funny. Now to relax a little before a good night's sleep
Closed Thread