South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday and TG4it! January 30

Good morning from Ruthie Rested! Slept until 6 this morning and feel like a sloth. I think things caught up with me.

Yesterday was very busy but very successful. That Wascally Wabbit is 15 minutes from being done and I sorted a lot of papers on my desk and did other tidying jobs. Wonderful Michelle arrived at noon and we sorted and packed books until we ran out of boxes. The end is in sight but I need to get more boxes today. I do have storage bins but they are way too heavy when filled with books. M. also took down and cleaned all my pictures and mirrors. It feels good to have that done. Joanne came over with Joey for a two hour doggie playdate. We sipped wine and chatted about life. (Maybe that's why I slept so well last night.)

Not sure what today will bring except a trip to the next town for more K-cups. I really should stop buying them and use my real coffee but they are so convenient. Hmm - expensive, hard to store and not recyclable. I may have to just do the refillable thing for a while.

Another dump of snow last night - just when I was considering cleaning up some doggy deposits on the deck. Now all is pristine so that's off the job list. Bet you're glad I shared that.

Whimpering, whining and barking from downstairs so I'll go down and give them some attention - four more days with three dogs. The pup is fun but sure needs (and wants) lots of attention. Remind me that I'm done with puppies.

Happy Friday!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat, 1/30

Coffee!!! Funny, but it tastes especially good on a day off.

So! I have the usual Friday cleaning & laundry olympics before heading to Dad's, but I think we're going to go to a favorite restaurant in Bird-In-Hand for a relaxing lunch. I'm so proud of myself, I've been totally on-plan the past few days, and I know the restaurant has several healthy options for me to choose from. The rest of the afternoon will be devoted to working on my cross-stitch project, which is another challenging one.

Come have a coffee with me and let's chat before getting on with the day.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #3  

Ruthie beat me to it, once again!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Ruth, I admire your hard work. Sometimes getting things together like that for a project is very satisfying just by itself. I have a similar project looming - I've got to repaint my kitchen cabinet doors and put one more layer of concrete on my countertop, which requires sanding it. This will be a weekend long project and while I'm at it, I might as well take everything out of the kitchen so I can clean the kitchen cabinets inside. This is something I probably need to schedule so I can plan for it. It promises to be a big job!

On tap for today: just work, and then tonight not much. Cottage, jeeeelllll of your day off. I could use one today! Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A quick hello before I head to the usual responsibilities of the day. Husbands DD is in jail for a week for breaking the restraining order so that's one less thing to worry about. At least we know where she is right now.

Sis had her treatment yesterday and her cold came back so I think we're going to go to the vapor caves instead of the pool this morning. It should be a nice relaxing change.

Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-30-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning from snow covered Westchester. It looks pretty, but coffee before shoveling.

Ruth doesn't it feel great tackling big jobs. I really need to clean well, but with the snow I don't see much point. The kitchen floor is a disaster

Linda what restaurant do you go to? I love the Amish country.

Debbie I am so happy the kids are with their dad. I can't even begin to imagine how they feel. Hopefully Kirk's daughter will turn her life around. Is vapor cave like a sauna?

Nothing really on the agenda for today other then neighborhood snow removal. Jim and Nancy are working so I have 3 driveways, my walk and my neighbor across the street. Zimbabwe do work up a sweat so even if I am not riding this counts. I made a double batch of Kayln's smoked paprika red lentil and chick pea soup. DS and his buddy enjoyed some last night.

The dogs are still snoozing so maybe I'll finish my coffee before getting them up.

Happy Friday
Old 01-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Technically it's my first week back to 100% but I might have used a personal day yesterday I want the extra money to save for a potential layoff but I also like my home time. We will see how it goes. Today DH is working so I don't mind working too. We bought paint for the big kitchen/office room and that will be our too cold to be outside weekend project. We probably won't be able to make the outside walls warm enough to paint but we can do the inside walls and get an idea of how our choices will look.

Ruth - Hooray for good sleep

Cottage - It's so nice to find restaurants we can enjoy while staying on plan

Matilda - I am so tempted to tackle the countertops too but one project at a time

Debbie - I hope DD gets the help she needs. Vapor cave sounds interesting.

Jennifer - I need to make a batch of that soup. I haven't made it since last winter. Hmm, maybe Monday. Happy shoveling!

I suppose I should think about work. I want to be done by 4 when Tim is home. Happy Friday everyone
Old 01-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #8  

We had a fresh coat of snow overnight, too, Jennifer. One of our favorite restaurants is The Kling House, in Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse. Have you ever been there? I know Ruth has. Don't overdue it with all the snow shoveling. Take it easy!

Debbie, that's heartbreaking about what's happening with Kirk's DD, and I do hope she decides to seek help and turn her life around. I'm glad your grandchildren are safe and happy in the meantime. The vapor caves sound intriguing and I hope your sister is feeling better.

Matilda, how is your new countertop holding up? Are you still pleased with it? I'd love to see some pictures of it, if you can share. I bet your kitchen will look great with newly painted cabinets and the new counters.

Ruth, I'm glad you had help boxing up all those books. It will be nice, coming back from vacation with pretty new floors, won't it?

ETA-

Good morning, Cyndi!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-30-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - are you going to show us a pic of the finished rabbit?!
Cottage - sounds like a lovely day. It made me think of that restaurant you and I ate lunch at...yum...
Matilda-how did you like the concrete countertops? My DH thought they looked pretty cool.
Debbie - hope your morning is relaxing, you deserve it. I also hope your sister is doing well.
Jennifer - Mmmmm.....your soup sounds delicious. Hope your day stays low key.
Cyndi - when do you find out more about layoffs?

It will hopefully be a low key day for me too! Yesterday really wiped me out, so I plan on doing a whole lot of nothin' today. The kids have a 2 hour delay (the roads were really slick), I'll make some chili for dinner, and meeting a friend for lunch. She proposed a walk around the mall, and I should walk everyday, so we'll see how the legs move by lunch. Otherwise, probably a lot of house hunters .
Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Friday,

I am pretty much packed and ready to go tomorrow to Phoenix, trying to get excited about being there Superbowl weekend but I am dreading the crowds, I will be glad when conference starts on Monday it will be more relaxing that's for sure.

Ruth glad you got to sleep in that really helps

Cottage love when restaurants have good op choices

Mmckellan I need to tackle repainting my cabinets again but it will require sanding them first and then repainting and just never seems like I have the time I just need to put it down as to do for a few weekends.

Debbie I never did make it to the pool or vapor cave so if we go back next year that will definitely be on my list. DH made it to the pool though and enjoyed it.

Jekel that is nice of you of to shovel all of your neighbors drives

Cyndi painting our rooms different colors is also something I want to tackle we have very plain walls.

Tywnn glad yesterday went well hopefully your endurance will build up each day. How many days a week are you going to go to work for now?

Another wfh day for me today have lots to try and get done before the end of the day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Linda I love Kitchen Kettle Village!!! I will have to remember to stop there on my next trip.

All shoveled phew what a job. My neighbor Jim was still home and felt bad and insisted on helping. I borrowed his old Jeep to take DS to work. I haven't driven a manual transmission in quite some time.....but I still got it. As he put it best $1500 he ever spent. He bought it almost 10 years ago at an auction. Runs like a champ!!!

Tammy walking in the mall sounds like a great idea. Just take it easy

Bundle up chicks we are going to hit some really cold numbers the next few days
Closed Thread