South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF - January 9

Good morning from not so frigid Delta. It's nearly tropical this morning with +17コF. There was snow overnight and the dogs refused to go down the drifted steps to the yard so shovelling will be on my list first thing this morning. (I'll get dressed first - it's not that balmy!)

Had a lovely visit yesterday morning with Lisa and wee Angus who is not so "wee" anymore. He is 13 pounds now which is what Jazz weighs. He comes to stay for a while on the 22nd when his folks go to Florida but we will work in a few more visits before then. We may even do a sleepover. I wonder if they will stay awake until after three, giggling and having pillow fights.

Once my lane is ploughed, I may go to town to try to buy some walking shoes per my chiropodist's instructions. Then she will make me orthotics to see if we can ease the foot pain. I also may make a quick venture into Fabricland to check out their sale. I am making a rabbit for Joanne's daughter - Usa Chan, I think - and need some interfacing for the ears. It's been a bit of a challenge as the pattern had to be enlarged.

Book club tonight at Norma's wee log Hobbit House in the forest. It really is a Hobbit House - the tall guys have to walk around a bit hunched over although I'm OK. Every time we meet at Norma's, it's snowing and she lives furthest away. Moel is bringing his van and is designated driver but I'm hoping the snow stops before then. Dark country roads are pretty miserable in a storm.

First light has arrived so I'd better get a move on and crank up the day. Sure glad I put the car is in the barn so I don't need to sweep the snow off it too.

Stay safe and warm, Beachers.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, I hope for your sake they're not giggling until 3 am!

It's another delay school day for the kids, so they get to sleep in. Darned, I was hoping to fall back asleep, but not today. It is a pretty snow out there, although not too much of it.

Nothing exciting planned for today. With me home for a while, I actually like weekdays...the weekends the kids start going nuts and getting all antsy-pantsy because it's too nasty out there to play!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Our temps are dropping again right now it's 16 but dropping down to 9 later. It should warm up tomorrow though.

Ruth I am trying to picture the Hobbit house lol you all drive safe

Twynn how is the recovery coming along?

Today is another wfh day getting lots of reports taking care of.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A doggie sleepover, LOL! I wonder what they talk about - the biggest bone that got away? Or, in Jazz's case, his adventures outside the fence?

Ruth, did the doctor give you any specific brands of walking shoes to look for? I hope you find something that helps the pain! Enjoy your trip to FabricLand and have fun with the rabbit making!

Tammy, we have more snow, too, but no school delays. How do you plan to spend the day, once the kidlets leave?

I have the laundry going, and am going to run over to Dad's to take care of his business shortly. Monica is bringing Carley out later this morning to spend the weekend, so I want to be back for that. Carley's very much into sewing these days, so I think we'll make a trip to JoAnne's or Michael's for some new projects. It will be a mini sleepover tonight, since all the grandkids have plans to play board games all night.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning from snowy upstate NY! I have a meeting this morning and so am not on my normal s schedule. We are getting lake effect snow and it is nasty out there.

Ruth, hope you enjoy the book club.
Twynn, it is tough to keep them entertained when they can't go outside, isn't it. I never manage to sleep in on delays or snow days either.

Got to go. Have a good day, chicks!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

You gal cracked me up yesterday. I have happily put off any more thoughts of bikini tops until my rash shirt arrives today. Yesterday I took my old snorkel and tested it out in the sink. Another laughable moment.

DS made it safely back to campus yesterday. No drama this road trip. Glad it's over. Now if only he'd start seriously looking for a job for after graduation in May!

I'm getting my hair cut and colored today. My gal is going on vacation, or I'd do it next week right before my trip. She is also traveling for a month this spring so there will be about a week before each of my next appointments when I will be horribly gray on top.

Working the closing shift tonight. If it is typically slow, I'll try on the new clothes.

Have a great day.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning we are snow covered too and cold. My old house just doesn't get warm

Ruth any doggie sleep overs here got quite rambunctious. You might have to be stern with the pups lol

Tammy I never coukd sleep in on delays either. The auto dialer always woke me. Try and get some rest after they leave.

Linda have fun with Carley

Beth and Pearlrose hope the weather improves. Be careful if you drive today

Karen enjoy getting your hair done. Thanks for making the beach chat funny yesterday.

Eye dr apt for me but need to shovel my way out first. Planning on going to Joe's but will play that by ear. Otherwise I have chicken, ground venison and ground chicken breast defrosting for a big cooking day to tomorrow.

Maybe I'll shovel first and then get ready to go. Lol that must be the coffee talking
Old 01-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning from once again frigid Colorado - when will this roller coaster stop?!? I think I need to live at the equator so I can have consistent weather.

Ruth - You better break out those shorts for that heat wave you are having! Good luck with all your goings today. I値l be curious which walking shoes you decide on. I致e been looking for some but not finding any that feel right.

Tammy - Maybe a nap is in your future!

Pearlrose - Great day to you too!

Linda - Sounds like a fun day and weekend you have coming up! Have a good time!!

Beth - Stay warm and safe!

Karen - Did you video tape the snorkel testing? You could go viral with that and make a gazillion dollars!!

Jennifer - Good luck at the eye doc and be safe on those roads!

I have to work today but at least I知 working from home so I don稚 have to get out in the cold. They are calling for more snow today but not much. I知 hoping it passes us by. I have a friend coming over tonight to work on some cute little crafts for an upcoming nursing home visit my dance troupe is doing. I won稚 be able to go to the dance gig since I値l be on my cruise but I知 glad I get to be involved in the the treat creation. If I can figure it out, I値l post a pic here for your girls when we finish.

I hope everyone has a great day and everyone stays warm and safe!

Gabby
Old 01-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

Heading to NY this weekend. Bad timing but I am 7 days in and am NOT going to throw in the towel!!!!

Hope you all stay warm and well!
Closed Thread