South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Fun Friday, 10/17

Hi everyone,
Sorry no check in the last couple of days. Things are still crazy with my parents. I could go into great detail, but actually don't really want to relive everything again! The good news is that there are now drs. and lawyers involved to at least move towards a situation where we can make some decisions. I've completely depended on my faith these last two weeks and keep repeating the serenity prayer over and over and it's helping. *Sigh*.

Eating bad stuff and drinking too much wine to cope as well. But I will get myself back on track. In a way all this is a blessing because it brought a very dysfunctional situation in my parent's home to a head. I feel now as though I can move forward onto the next phase, whatever that will be.

Anyway, today should be a fun day: we have a staff appreciation event at work from 3-5 and those are always fun. I'll be off plan for that for sure. Tonight will just be quiet - I need a good night's sleep. Hope everyone is doing well - have a great day.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad your parents are getting help, Matilda, I know that's a big relief to you, and I hope everything works out well.

I'm going to get the house spiffed up and throw in a load of laundry while Jake is at his doctor's appointment this morning. Then I have my lunch date with Dad and taking care of his paperwork. Nothing is planned for this evening, but I'm thinking of opening a bottle of cranberry wine that I got in Cape Cod, and sitting outside on the patio to enjoy it.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Matilda. I am sorry to hear about your stress but as you said perhaps now you can move forward. Enjoy your staff function!
Just another work day here but it's Friday so that's nice. No big plans yet other than the normal niggles.
I need to be off. Hoping to get going a few minutes early today; there is a walk in flu shot clinic today at work and ideally I would take care of that first thing.

Have a great day, chicks!!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-17-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I am recovered from my bug (I have wonders if it was diverticulitis, but we'll see if it happens again, or if anyone else gets it), and life is moving fast forward again. Just made white chicken chili in the crockpot...needless to say, there are very few fruits or veggies at dinner when DH is in charge, but I really didn't care!

Matilda - I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It's one of those situations you just have to leave it in God's hands.

Cottage - you are so blessed to be able to spend such good time with your dad. How's he doing? I really wish mine was still alive.

Beth - flu shot. Not jealous!

Today is busy busy at work, then tomorrow is DH's and I anniversary trip. WOOOO HOOOO! We have reservations at a dinner theater in Lancaster, then a night at a bed and breakfast. I'm really looking forward to it!!
Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

I got my flu shot 2 days ago. It kills me, I always get a sore and a bit of a swollen arm

Matilda. Serenity to you

Linda. Enjoy your day. Wonder what cranberry wine tastes like

Beth. Hope the day flies by

Tammy. Congratulations on your anniversay. Your plans are perfect

not much going on this weekend. Today I have to roast my veggies before they go bad. I love them heated up with a bit of feta cheese crumbled on top. Maybe a walk at the zoo this morning if the wather behaves
take care
Sophie
Old 10-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another wfh day for me, got a lot accomplished yesterday and need to finish up revising some stuff for project.

I seem to have developed a rash all around one of my earlobes and upper lip. I seem to have an allergic reaction to apples and I have been eating (organic) this past week that explains lip rash but not ear rash weird. I am eating totally clean so not sure if I am just de- toxing who knows. I am on Benedryl so hopefully that will stop the reaction.

Matilda :hugs: hopefully everything will get straightened out

Cottage have a fun lunch with your Dad

Beth I still need to get my flu shot it's mandatory for my work

Tywnn glad you are feeling better

Sophie hope you get your walk at the zoo in sounds like fun

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy have a wonderful anniversary. It is so important to make time for just the two of you.

Hope Ruth is enjoying her getaway too

Karen have fun at the wedding

Pearlrose I hope your rash goes away soon

Sophie and Beth the flu shot can be painful. Kudos for getting it.

Debbie glad your sister is doing well with the treatments

Linda enjoy your time with dad.

Matilda keeping you in my prayers.

As for me, had an awesome time at the convention. Peter Hammond, Mariska Hagarty's husband and Joyful Heart advocate gave an amazing presentation. It was fun spending time with other female law enforcement officers. My Trooper friends from the Police Unity Tour were there too. I was so so with being OP, but hit the gym running each morning and drank more water than wine (although last night was close lol) so I won't be mad at myself if I am up this week.

Glad to be home in my sneakers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.9 KB, 14 views)
Closed Thread