South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:41 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Marvy Monday Beach Chat, Oct 6

Good Morning

OK, the date is right and no typos lol

DH is back over the hill so I just went to bed early. Yesterday was crazy busy at work and I've pretty much given up TV so the intent was to "read" in bed which didn't last long.

Today is my early work day (5:30) and I woke up inspired to cross a project off my list, which is an impossible one when DH and the pup are around. I'm finally motivated to refinish my kitchen floor. It's small and very rustic so a bit of sanding, cleaning and 3 coats of water based finish and I'll be good to go. It's the original 130 year old maple subflooring that the builders used to draw the pitch lines of the roof on. It also has burn marks from the original wood/coal cookstove. When we took out the carpet, 3 layers of asbestos tile AND tarred on tarpaper 10 years ago we decided it would never be perfect and that would be ok. I've decided the same today.

I'll take the spare litter box, food and water upstairs for kitty and she'll be happy she doesn't have to walk so far from the couch to take care of her essentials.

But first....more coffee! It's a lovely morning out....balmy and calm. Hope it's headed East!

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, I wish we lived closer and could share the morning coffee. I woke at 3 and finally got up at 4. The dogs are pottied, breakfasted and have gone back to bed.

Your kitchen project reminds me of restoring the old house next door. It was the tenant house to the farm and had the same kind of kitchen floor. I used a shovel to clear it out. The house was built in 1831 so you can imagine the layers. The original pine floor was badly damaged so I ended up with vinyl.

Another busy day ahead - actually a busy week but I'm dealing with one day at a time these days. The Mill President is coming this morning for help on a financial report that he should have done in August. I felt like saying "Tough!" but it needs to be done if we are to receive the balance of our grant for the summer staff.

This afternoon there is an events planning meeting for the upcoming Thanksgiving Festival. I'll be involved to my eyeballs with money stuff but also need to do baking for the sale and getting some things for the silent auction. I did make my rum cake yesterday for the auction - it sold for $60 last time and costs about $12 to make. The men are doing a harvest breakfast and also grilling hot dogs at noon. I plan to stay as uninvolved as possible and let them go to it.

Just checked the weather and we are chilly but the sun will be up and my outside the world will light up all red and gold. The leaves are gorgeous this year.

Hope your day is great and a good start to the week.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ruth! I wish we lived closer, too. I might just scrap my project head over to your house for coffee in go do some fun things with you. Despite your financial stuff it sounds like a pretty fun day. Wow! 1831. It's just amazing how old some of these houses are. Ours is only 1887.

I guess I better go have another cup of coffee then wind this project down for the morning. I'm finished sanding and am going to do the final cleanup before I go. That way when I get home I think all I have to do is put finish on and then go wait for it to dry.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You're finished sanding already?!?! Good grief you're quick! Sounds like a beautiful floor. My kitties would take that as an invitation to walk on it. LOL.

Ruth - I must try your rum cake sometime! I enjoy baking, so that would be a good day for me.

Back to work after my conference. I gotta say, I would rather have stayed home and lounged. I assume work will be busy since it's a Monday.

Off to make chili in the crock pot....
Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Is it really morning? It's still pitch dark outside at nearly 7am!

I wish we all lived closer to each other so we could enjoy our coffee IRL rather than over the internet. We all know each other so well already, anyway, so the conversation would flow easily.

My house was built in 1985, but the house at the farm was built in 1760, and still has the original pine flooring in the kitchen. It's getting refinished with this current kitchen remodeling project, though.

We had a wonderful weekend in Cape May, and were lucky that the weather was mostly warm and sunny, so we could spend plenty of time on the beach. Now I have to turn off the vacation mode and get back into the everyday routine. I'm sure today will be busy with lots of catching up since I've been away since Wednesday, and it will probably be noisy with the kitchen reno going on. I want to stop in and see Dad on my way home if I get off work early enough. Other than that, there's nothing else planned for this evening.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning A quick fly by now but I hope to stop in later this morning. I woke up at 4:30 worrying about work so changed my week around a bit. Hope that helps. I let my desk and work area get so out of hand it literally took me all day yesterday to clean and organize it. I have to make sure i don't do that again!

Tammy - I made a yummy vegan chili with sweet potatoes the other day. Lots of good flavors though not enough spice for me (is there ever?!).

Okay, I need to do some more work stuff. I'll stop back in later at lunchtime

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-06-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Friends! I did not check in yesterday because I am trying to "computer fast" on Sundays. I did check email on my phone, but I'll allow that :-). It was a little hard, but not too bad. I spent most of the morning at church because I had to make an announcement at each of the three services. Then in the afternoon my son had a playdate so my husband and I had a drink together, and then we sat with some friends in the outdoor space in my complex, then watched some tv. It was still hard for me to get up this morning, even after a relaxing day.

Today it's really just work and then home, possibly some housework tucked in there. I need to go to the bank to open a new account as well and I'm toying with the idea of dashing to Ikea at lunch to buy a small metal shelf for my kitchen. We'll see, though.

Debbie, how are the floors?? I still need to post pix of my counters.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Took a 2 hour nap on the couch after I put some laundry on...now I'm getting ready to pack for my trip. Let's see if I can fit a week's worth of clothes into a carryon!

Ladies, have a great week. I will see you next week sometime!

Last edited by Natasha1534; 10-06-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon! Guess I didn't make it to post yesterday (wrapping up those niggles and reading a novel), then this morning our internet was acting up again!!! I am really getting disgusted with Time Warner.

Anyway, I will echo the "it's so dark" feeling in the morning. Our sunrise time just ticked past 7 am. I miss those days in May and June when there is light on the horizon at 4:30!!! Guess when I retire I will have to winter south of the equator...

As always, Debbie, your ambition is impressive! Old houses are a mix of blessing and curse, aren't they. Great character but they need lots of TLC.

Ruth, hope you survived the day.

Tammy, Cottage, Cyndi and Matilda, hope the day was a good one.

Natasha, have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Ok, I'm off to the basement to do my Monday exercise. Later, chicks!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

We just checked into the hotel for the conference today. I am really liking this area quite well, probably not so much during winter time lol.

Debbie my house was built in 1906. I have not been brave enough to pull up the carpets to see what the floors look like but will have to do eventually.

I need to run to opening event.
Closed Thread