Thanks

• THANKS TO THE GREAT SUPPORT GROUP. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS CHANGE IN EATING HABITS, (I WON'T CALL IT A DIET)
    FOR THREE WEEKS NOW. I HAVE LOST 8 POUNDS SO FAR AND HAVE AT LEAST 20 MORE TO GO. THERE IS DIABETES IN MY FAMILY
    ON BOTH SIDES AND AFTER READING THE SB BOOK I REALIZE THAT I CAN AND WILL CONTROL MY EATING TO REMAIN HEALTHY.
    I AM 40 YEARS OLD WITH A 16 AND 13 YEAR OLD AND I PLAN ON BEING AROUND TO WATCH THEM GROW. WHEN I GET DISCOURAGED ALL I HAVE TO DO IS COME HERE FOR HELP.
    THANKS AGAIN.
  • on the weightloss! No need to thank us, Candlelady. We are all in the same boat and buck up each other.

You are wise to tackle the diabetes possibility now as it gets harder to do as you get older. I'm type 2 and my bloodwork shows a decline in BGL levels after losing just a fraction of my weight.

Hang in there and keep coming here to get and give support!
  • Congratulations, Candlelady! Come and chat with us when you feel like it... you're always welcome!
  • HAY CANDYLADY Congrats on ur weight loss (8lbs) and being on plan for 3weeks!! Remember the saying "we r what we eat"..EAT HEALTHY,THINK POSITIVE AND LIFE IS JUST A DAY ON THE BEACH! Have a great day.... GOFISHIN
  • When you make a plan it makes it harder to break it and do something else.

GOOD FOR YOU & KEEP IT UP!

Lady
  • Hey Candlelady! Congratulations on your 8 pound loss!! You sound like you're doing great.

I also have diabetes in my family, and I found out I am insulin resistant (as are a lot of overweight people without even knowing it). This really scares me, because I know if I don't do something now diabetes is likely just around the corner for me. So here I am too.

Stop back often, and stay to chat. As you've already seen, you'll find a lot of support and friendship here.
  • HI CANDLELADY!!! WELCOME!!!!! Congratulations on the weight loss too!!!
    I'm 45, and have a 16 year old and a 13 year old, and feel the same way. Want to be here for grandkids!!!
  • Hi Candlelady:

Great job on the loss ... keep up the good work!!!

I'm 43 with 3 kids and a grandchild ... I want be around long to torture all of them!!!!!!!!!!