South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday, August 29th

Any lurkers out there? Starting up today's thread!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:16 AM   #2  

Just to let you know Ruth, I sat there staring at the calendar on the computer, it's the end of August!!??? I had to keep double checking. And there is such a chill to the air this morning that I'm wrapped up in my blanket while wearing fuzzy pajamas (and drinking Caribou's mahogany ) My phone says it's 50 degrees out.

I'm loving my phase I this week (really, Tammy, really?!) since I am sooo non-bloated now. Amazing what a lack of grains can do for you. My colleague having her baby shower tomorrow found out (since I didn't eat the fruit tart...), and was freaking out I wouldn't eat her food tomorrow, and I told her not to worry about it . She's due Oct 8th, none of us think she'll make it. Well, maybe not have the baby by then, but she won't be working much by then! I gave her her big news yesterday, which was to go down to 4 days/week, and the look on her face will be forever engrained in my memory!

Today is just work. She has the afternoon off and we're already booked, so it should go fast. I'll prep confetti salad tonight for her party tomorrow.

I just remembered - did phase 1.5 instead yesterday because I was STARVING (inadequate salad at lunch), and had one of my lara bars made with dates and nuts. Go phase 1.5! LOL

Anyone big plans?

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's pretty chilly here, too. My routine is to come downstairs and open the front door and windows even before I make coffee, but I had to close them again.

When does the family get back, Tammy? It sounds like you had a lovely week to yourself and I'm glad you had a great Phase 2 (except for yesterday's little bloop). And I can just imagine how thrilled your co-worker was with her news.

I have a load of sheets in the wash and want to do some dusting and vacuuming before going over to my Dad's. He'll probably want to go out for lunch, and I'm looking forward to a nice salad, especially after going a bit heavy on carbs yesterday.

Thinking of you today, Jennifer, and hang in there.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-29-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! Chilly here as well. Yesterday's high was only around 66*. Must be fall is coming.

Tammy, you made me laugh yesterday: "Phase I really works...if you do it". And did you know it doesn't work if you cheat!?! Glad you have had a successful week.

Cottage, DH has the doors open this morning and the air is what I will generously call "refreshing".

Jennifer, thinking of you! There is no doubt that despite the occasional turmoil of a teen in the house it is VERY quiet when they leave. I know that is the ultimate goal, you know, having them be independent and all, but still...

Ok, chicks, need to get a move on since I have to go to work today.
To all the chicks to come: TGIF!!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slept until 6:30 this morning - maybe I'm turning back into a normal person? It's 48ºF - quite a change from other mornings this week. Definitely August and definitely Friday - my date and day dyslexia has settled down.

As usual, a busy day yesterday but did get to town for my haircut with Danny. He is opening his own salon in mid-September and I am so glad for him. I met Dan in a hospital waiting room on one of Harry's many ER trips. He said "I know you have a hairdresser by your haircut but I'd LOVE a chance to do your hair!" How can you resist a ploy like that? (I was ready for a change too.)

Katherine and I are starting lunch prep for the bus tour that may or may not show up today - never again without a firm count and a deposit! We are doing a ploughman's lunch which is an easy assembly but still had to buy the stuff. (I have $50 worth of Black Forest ham in my fridge!) We are expecting quite a few people tomorrow for Breadfest, Grindinand other fun Labour Day weekend stuff so will probably do quite a trade in lunches then. Otherwise, I'll be freezing leftover ham for later in the month events.

Book club tonight down on the Lake at Ernie's. If it stays this cool, we'll be in the house instead of out on the breezy point - too bad for the last book club of summer. I was so unimpressed by the book that I can't remember the name of it and have already returned it to the Library ... not that we discuss the book much. We aren't called DWARPs - drinkers with a reading problem - for nothing!

Have a lovely Friday and TGIF.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - I hope you hear soon and everything turns out okay. Waiting is so hard!

Ruth - We hardly discuss ours either. I used to always read them but now... too many other books or things to do. I am trying to get through our latest: Orphan Train.

I'm off to the gym this morning. This evening we've been invited to the professional soccer game again by friends who get great tickets from work. I'm not really a fan but DH loves to go.

He and I are trying to figure out our accommodations for DS2's college graduation in May. Yes, this far ahead. There is one hotel we've stayed at that is within walking distance of campus but they are making that time non-refundable and expensive. Frustrating since my mom and DS1 will go with us and no one knows their schedules yet. So... we are trying to lock down a condo rental instead, a short metro ride away, but the company is being hard to deal with. I'd just like to have it booked and then not think about it for a while.

Have a great day.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
I'm off work today, but couldn't sleep in as I had planned. A lot on my mind. Today we go to CT to pick up my son, but we're staying at my BIL's house overnight, and then coming back tomorrow. Sunday we'll clear out our cabana at our beach club, and Monday, probably just relax.

Tammy, I desperately need a clean Phase 1. I am so bloated it's ridiculous! Getting TOM so near each other certainly does not help.

Hope everyone has a great day today. I'm of to take care of little tasks before we leave...
Old 08-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my Friday for chores ahead of a weekend off with DH. We had camping reservations but a sick kitty is keeping us close to home. We will pitch our tent in the yard an plan day trips instead. I think kitty is passing another of the unfortunate bladder stones she has. She should be fine but I hate leaving her for three days when she doesn't feel well. I am trying to type over her right now, we are having cuddle time. There's other stress but I'm hoping that all the news Monday will be good and that will be the end of it.

In the meantime it's the end of August and, as usual, I'm noticing the lack of food dried, frozen, and canned for the weekend. Seems I dribble along most of the summer than kick into high gear panic just about now DH is lazer focused on the new pantry and getting it done so he can move on to the fall chores. Last night we bought flooring so hopefully we will both feel more on top of house chores by the end of the weekend.

Speaking of house chores kale, tomatillos, zucchini, peppers, and rhubarb are waiting on the counter. Time to get to work
Old 08-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Friday and Long weekend

I have temperature envy right now for all of you with cooler temps, we are still hot and muggy. Temps will be in the 90s today again.

I am wfh today have some testing to do on my project.

Jekel thinking of you today

Tywnn it does feel good when you are eating well. I did Phase 1.5 instead of 2 because I wanted to keep my fruits. I still lost 2 lbs this week.

Ruth I hope a good crowd shows up to eat all that ham.

Beth have a good day at work

Karen hope you nail down accommodations- I know how frustrating the search can sometimes be

Matilda safe travels today

Cyndi that is a good mommy to stay near kitty while she doesn't feel well. Enjoy your stay cation

Have a wonderful weekend everyone
Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
As I suspected yesterday I got the call that my sister wanted me to go over the hill with her to her doctors appointment. I had wanted to go but needed her to ask me first. It was a very long day and I didn't get much sleep last night.
It was pretty funny though, I had told Kirk that I might be over but we'd be doing doctors appointments and I didn't want to just stop and get the dog all worked up. He was supposed to go to a picnic last night but when I called him from the Target that you can actually see our house from and told him we were going to the pool he immediately ditched his picnic and met us for soaking. He brought the pup with him and we did a little transfer in the parking lot and so Bing is with me now.
I'm going into work on my quilt for a little while then I'm heading down to Denver with my sister.
Sorry I don't have time to write anymore today. Life is going to get pretty different now with my sisters upcoming treatments but I need to keep checking in every day. Right? Right.
You all are the best! Have a great Friday!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-29-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Well I did it, I actually left DS at college!!!! Boy was it tough, but I kept my composure and kept our good bye brief. I felt so bad for him. His allergies were full blown today. Back on Zyrtec and Benadryl. They had an awesome BBQ as a welcome. I am glad he knows his roommate as it is tough not knowing anybody.
He did forget the power cord for his TV so I will mail it tomorrow.

The day started out a little stressful. A his dad did not want to drive his own car after I told him the van was a two seater. But he went which was good. I didn't realize he brought his own hand truck. During the move I gave it to someone thinking it was the school's...oops honest mistake, but boy did I hear about it. He stayed for about 15 minutes and left for home.

When DS and I were having lunch he asked why dad has to act the way he does. I told him I wish I knew, but at least he came and finally got to see where he is going to college. Truthfully I wanted to say to my ex how I really felt about his behavior, but I didn't. I even tracked down his hand truck and brought it back.

Granted I am holding it hostage. The ex was supposed to drive me back from the Uhaul place roughly 7 miles from my house. Needless to say that didn't happen lol. So I did what any independent woman would do, I waited 45 minutes for a bus that never came. Apparently the bus doesn't stop there anymore. So I walked about a mile and a half to the mall. Cut through some trees and saw my bus!!!! I ran, cramped legs and all for it. Yelling please wait too Yes I was quite a sight!!

Well my metro card didn't work (apparently mine only works in NYC), they don't accept bills....uh oh I think he is going to kick me off the bus...NOPE the world nicest bus operator let me ride for 60 cents (the only change I had on me). Totally made my day. I didn't even care that the closest stop was a mile and a half from my house lol.

Feels so good to finally be home. Enjoyed a smoothie for dinner too.

Yes, the house is very quiet, feels very strange and empty. Even the dogs are acting strange.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and kind thoughts this week. I really truly appreciate them and all of you xoxo
Old 08-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #12  

WOW, Jekel, I just got completely worn out reading your post, both physically and emotionally. This has been one heck of a week for you!
Closed Thread