South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default FlyLADY Friday 8/22

Hi everyone,
I lost 2.4 lbs! I was afraid to weigh, but I'm glad I did. Next week I'm going to start the 30 day shred and I suspect I'll put on some water weight when I do. Anyway, this is a nod to Flylady - I believe we've discussed her before here? When I follow her plan, I feel really organized and at peace.

Today is my son's last day at camp! I love 'wrapping things up.' Tomorrow he goes to my MIL's for a week. I'll miss him but it will be a great opportunity to finish up my countertops and get things together for school to start. My job is picking up - all the students are back, and this year they're a great bunch. I'm excited.

My countertop is coming along really well. With concrete, you can pretty much customize how "industrial" you want it to look. I'm going for a slate like look so imperfections in the finish don't really matter so much, which makes things easier.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #2  

Here's some links to the countertops:
http://www.younghouselove.com/2014/0...rete-counters/
http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2014/0...ertop-diy.html
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh, I like the countertops! You'll have to post a picture of yours when you're done .

I couldn't sleep past five, and finally got up. DD said her tummy hurt so I let her take my place in bed and she's happy.

We're taking off for NC this AM, we have the rehearsal dinner tonight. Tomorrow I'm hoping to find new shoes for a dress I have, but otherwise we'll goof off until the wedding that's late afternoon. I fly back Sunday, so I can start planning out the week.

Anyone inspired for phase I with me next week!?
Old 08-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Miss M and Tammy. I kind of envy your getting kids organized for school. (There, that's enough!)

Some weeks seem really, really long and this was one of them! So glad there is no bus tour wanting lunch tomorrow. It'll be great to have a semi-normal weekend although I do have to do the early morning bread run. (I actually love that drive through the countryside as the sun is just coming up.)

Yesterday afternoon was my doc appointment which I have been avoiding for far too long. As a Type II diabetic, I am supposed to get bloodwork done every three months but it had been almost a year. Wonder of wonders! The bloodwork was great, the best since my diagnosis! Dr Jack was as delighted as I was. "Whatever you are doing keep doing it!" He also is referring me to an ortho to get the darned hammer toes fixed. I intend to have pretty feet again by summer of 2015!

Yes, it rained yesterday - again! I am getting webbed feet! The promise is for sunshine over the weekend which we really need. John and Rob have their great big BBQ tomorrow afternoon and I see they have had the big tent set up in their yard just in case. It's a fun time with kids, dogs and a wild variety of people. They are a married gay couple and the friends range from bi- and trans- sexual to a defrocked priest. I'm not quite sure how I fit in - must be the rum cake! Sure glad I just need to grab it out of the freezer.

Not sure what the day will bring but I do have to channel Fly-Lady as this house is looking like a crack house!

TGIF!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Matilda I looked at one website and I like the countertops.

Tywnn enjoy your weekend

Ruth glad to hear that your blood work came back good.

Today is finally wfh for me, I agree Ruth long week. It is very humid and hot here. DH and DD2 are supposed to go to some country concert tonight and he is like if DD2 wants to spend the night at a friends we can go and I am really not wanting to be out in this weather yuck. I guess we shall see how the dice roll.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning from the sopping wet north. Since the rain began late Wednesday I have measured just under 3 inches!! I am SOOOOO glad that the long range forecast claims we are in for 4 or 5 dry days.

Used my rainy day yesterday to do some cleaning and finish a novel I was reading. I think this morning I will trudge out to the garden and pick tomatoes and peppers (we should have quite a few) and make some salsa. Yum.

Congrats to Matilda on the weight loss! In my week of Phase I I have pretty much undone the upward tick from 4 days of car-sitting and off plan eating last week (you do what you can we you travel). Keep it up and good luck on the countertops.

Tammy, have a great trip! I seem to be going for Phase I most of this month; I get started and then life gets in the way. As far as menus, spaghetti squash was my friend this week.

Ruth and Pearl, hope your weekend is calm.

I am off to find more coffee!

Last edited by Beth19; 08-22-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 313/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies. A friend gave me the SBD super charged book, is that the one you are following. Today is my second day. My body is so addicted to sugar and I know that to avoid diabetes and more weight gain, I need to live by this plan. In May 2013, I had the gastric sleeve surgery and weighed 313. By January 2014 I was 190. Since then, because of poor choices and soda, and candy.....I am at 215. I must get this under control. I am doing the PIYO program also. Thanks for the support.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Very busy here...my brother leaves Sunday. Until then, my #1 priority is to my family, and fitting into their schedule. I get up early to do my chores, both inside and out then wait for their call. We are headed down to Denver to visit our renovated Union Station, lunch, DenBotanic gardens for Chihuly exhibit, then a bike ride with my Sis. I have time for a nap later on then back to my moms for KingSalmon(Alaskan) dinner prepared by my brother. I will bring salad.

I've been reading posts just often don't get by to say hello before they say jump.

Happy Friday....can't believe how fast this week has gone!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #9  

Welcome GinnyCarinhas!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, GinnyCarinhas, and good luck to you!

I was here early, but clicked on Matilda's links about the cement countertops and time got away from me. I had to go for bloodwork this morning, then took Dad grocery shopping and to the pharmacy and did his meds for the week, then I had my appointment to get fitted for hearing aids. On my way home I got a call from Dad, saying he left something in my backseat, so I had to stop at his place again before I finally came home. I just got done running through the house with the dustcloth and vacuum and have a load of wash going, and NOW I'm going to sit down for a while. Whew! Thank goodness there's nothing planned for tomorrow!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Ginny. That's a pair of darned cute kids in your avatar. Twins? (We need some babies around here!)
Old 08-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Ginny!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome, Ginny! Look around at the recipes and FAQs, there is a ton of information here!!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome Ginny!! The original SB book and Super Charged are very similar. I believe Super Charged added exercise.

Ruth kudos on the blood work!!!

Got my ultrasound results, again a little to vague for my liking. Confirms there is "something" there, but usually benign. Hmmm guess I will call the dr Monday. Personally if there is something there that can be biopsied I want the biopsy.

Today was another crazy, but interesting day. Rescued an injured bald eagle. Sadly it did have to be euthanized, but at least it's death was humane. Never seen one so close other then at the zoo.

Have a wonderful night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by jekel383; 08-22-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread