South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 05:13 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Saturday at the Beach, July 26th

Morning!

Happiness is knowing that you are in charge.

107 yesterday. HOT!

Actually mom and i went to the store early, VERY early to beat the heat, but by 9 it was climbing up up up!

You all have a great day and remember to smile at someone today.

Lady
Old 07-26-2003, 05:26 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Weekend at the Beach 7/26-27

Good morning ladies

Just wanted to say hi. I'm on my way out the door to go to work but had to read all the posts from yesterday.

LMC~~~Yes, I always read the previous days posts before reading the current day's posts. I don't want to miss anything.

The only problem starting the new days thread is that I forget who said what from yesterday and you can't go back to read it once you start the new thread (I didn't have time this morning to take notes like I usually do). So, I hope that everybody hangs in there for the weekend and has good results come Monday

~~~Catch ya later
Old 07-26-2003, 05:31 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sorry, I didn't see the weekend thread started by Windsong~so Please post on her thread for the weekend. That's what happens when you are in a rush to get out of the house on only 1 cup of coffee
Old 07-26-2003, 08:00 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning Beach Babes!! What a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I have finished week 1, phase 1, and today is my "official" weigh-in day. So, in my first week on the beach, I have lost a total of 6.5 pounds!! I'm so happy with that loss. You know, it was not hard at all, totally painless. I ate well, was never hungry, and I lost 6.5 pounds! And it's amazing how good I feel....definitely less sluggish and foggy and dragged out than when I'm gorging myself on sugar and high GI foods. This is definitely my new way of life!!

Oh, and I have to admit, I did cheat last night (even though it was with a "legal" food). I bought some pistachio nuts after work, and planned on dividing the bag out into individual baggies of 30 so I could have them for snacks. Well, I opened the big bag, and before I could do the dividing, I had eaten..... well..... much more than I should have. Lesson learned, I love these nuts too much to have them in the house, at least right now until I gain a little better control over myself. If I hadn't pigged out on pistachios last night, my loss this morning would likely have been a little more (think of all that salt I consumed).

But, even so, this has been a fantastic week!! Thank you all for sharing it with me, and for the support and advice. I'm definitely in this for the long haul!

Have a wonderful day, I'm off to work (yeah, I know it's Saturday).
Old 07-26-2003, 08:09 AM   #5  
Mous

TDmom

WOO HOO!

I LOVE those nuts too.
I bought the SF popsicles and they are amazingly good.

Keep it up.

Lady Windsong
Old 07-26-2003, 08:46 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Morning All!

Looks like a beautiful day! Great job 2Dog!

Lady - I'm with you on the SF pops. I like them better than the regular ones.

2BFit - I think I might have to start taking notes. Good idea.

Well you know what they say bout the best laid plans. I was all set to go grocery shopping yesterday, the cupboards were bare and I was looking forward to stocking up on HEALTHY goodies. Well, my SO went and did it for me.
Monday is my birthday and we are entertaining this weekend and he thought it would be nice surprise to help me.

Well it was a very SWEET thing to do and I really appreciate it. He even got sf pops. Not having my list or having not read the book it didn't turn out so bad.hehehe

Anyway long story short, (too late, I know) I started thinking that we do get our blessings in many small ways.

Have a beachy day Laked, Luv Coton, Lady Windsong,BoBo, Ellis, Ruth, Moo girl, Texas, 2Bfit, the vacationing operadg, didi, 2Dog Mom, dentrassi, gofish and everyone else!

Gosh this list is long!

Last edited by sflake; 07-26-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:49 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning darlings!!

It's lovely and cool out. (sorry, Windsong... you're SO hot, sweetie!)

Sil, I always forget everything from yesterday, too! And I don't want to miss anyone and be rude! So if I have, PLEASE forgive me!

Twodog, I am SO happy for you! Congratulations! Isn't this just the BEST diet!?

Gotta run... company... back later...
Old 07-26-2003, 09:46 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick post before I go back to the Fair. I was over there at 6 this morning checking the set-up for the horse show. What a great time of day! Lots of the Directors were there so we had a bit of a brainstorming session and then breakfast together. (Bacon and egg sandwich - whoops!)

My eating and water intake have gone to **** in a handbasket this week but I'll be back on track as soon as this Fair is over. Tonight I will be bringing home ribs for dinner - see what I mean? However, I AM having fun! Harry is also very appreciative that I am home for dinner and the evening every day. He was pretty lonesome last year.

Sorry not to mention everyone but I will give a big :bravo" to 2DM for such a good loss on week 1. I am going back on Phase I on Monday.

Have a lovely day, Babes!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:01 AM   #9  

Default Good morning Beach Babes

I got out of bed early and jumped on the puter to say good morning early. DH fast asleep!

Lady...stay cool today!!

TDmom...way to go!! 6.5 lbs is great! Those pistachios can be dangerous! Just drink alot of water today and you'll even out again.

2bfit...I do the same thing with notes, it's the only way I can do this. By the time I get on the board I'm having to write a novel!!

sflake...Happy Birthday in advance! My motto for birthdays is you can celebrate it the whole week ahead of time, so have a great b-day weekend! I'm a nut, what does SO mean? I'm new to puter lingo.

Ellis...have a great beach day!!!

This is my 10th SBday, and today is our weigh in day. I have to wait for DH to get out of bed and start the day. I hope I do well!!
Have a great day!!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:03 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

2dogmom-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth-Me too. I am OFF TRACK.

HI! to everyone else!! Busy day today for me. Mostly involving driving the kids around!! A friend is having a pottery sale, and I am hoping to go by and find some Christmas presents!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:13 AM   #11  

Today I have a lst Birthday BBQ for my godson to go to..wishe me luck.
LuvMyCoton: Good luck on your weigh-in.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #12  

dentrassi...you are sooo smart to start shopping for christmas presents now!! Thank you for your response of my parents.

SandiLu...Happy birthday to your Godson

Thank you Ellis and Lady for your response of my parents also!
Old 07-26-2003, 11:04 AM   #13  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking Happy weedend to all beachers!

Hey to all and glad to here of your great successes New to board yesterday and wl try to learn all your names soon Had a great day on beach yesterday,,stayed op and walked,lost 2 more lbs,,down 6 in 3 days Drank 120oz water each day and dont feel bloated anymore lol to all
Old 07-26-2003, 02:30 PM   #14  

Better post while I can! Still having trouble! Happy Weekend Beachers!
2Dog! Super!! I bet you're thrilled!
Nice "shed"!!! Sflake! What a sweet move by your SO! Even though it wasn't in your plans you can work around it and
Happy Almost Birthday! Windsong- Guess I won't complain about our Fl. 90's! Ruth! Your life will be back to normal soon and I bet you'll be glad of that! Not being able to plan meals is the only problem with these adventures! Barb! Good luck on your date with the scales!
Hope I have better posting luck next week!
Old 07-26-2003, 03:45 PM   #15  

I still haven't started the SBD since DH is reading the book. He doesn't have much time to read and his eyes are tired at night since he stares at a computer monitor 8 hours or more a day. But, we're stocking up on the right foods and reading nutritional labels like crazy. Those labels are amazing! Low fat doesn't necessarily mean no carb at all.

I did notice that with no fat, low fat and regular cottage cheese, the level of carbs remain the same! Interesting! And one brand of breakfast links that claims to be lower in fat has rice added to them! Guess which one has the highest carbs!

I've been lurking a bit and will post more when we're actually on the SBD! Our goal in life is not to be thin, but to be so healthy that we can throw our high blood pressure meds in the garbage! I'll, no doubt, is on some heart meds for the rest of my life and I can handle that.
Closed Thread