South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey! Wakey! It's Tuesday, JULY 15

"St. Swithun's day, if thou dost rain,
For forty days it will remain;
St. Swithun's day, if thou be fair,
For forty days 'twill rain na mair."

Just a bit of Brit folklore to crank up the day. We have rain predicted for the day. Seems I have been sloshing around behind the barn since April.

The schoolwork judging went well yesterday and I was home by noon. Still didn't feel great so went for a nap. Jazz was astonished but got with the program and snuggled in. I just puttered around for the rest of the day and hit bed fairly early although I did go to The Farm to buy raspberries and some green beans since I'm getting a little tired of kale.

Today I am on supervisor duty at the Mill which simply means I have to be around in case of problems. I do intend to go to Smiths Falls to pick up my replacement glasses that I ordered last week. I still have not found the old ones. They'll probably show up now that I've shelled out for a replacement.

It's not raining yet so maybe the ancient bishop is not paying attention.

Have a great Tuesday but grab a coffee and chat a bit first.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Ruth, that's some fast judgin' to be done by noon! Sounds like you were pretty tired, glad you got a nap.

Yesterday was a busy Monday, we'll see what Tuesday brings. I'm making crockpot Mexican chicken since DH will be getting in late as well. I was planning on getting up early for a walk/run (I have been so bad about that), then DD decided she needed a girl cry til 11:30, so needless to say, the alarm was bumped back to my later time!

I loved my confetti salad yesterday, I think I'll make that for my next staff meeting.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm definitely on to the coffee, Ruth! Thanks for getting us started this morning! Glad you got a nap yesterday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's an uneventful day at the mill!

Twynn, ouch for mother-daughter bonding into the wee hours. I hope you have a smooth day at work...nice supper will be waiting when you return home.

I'm thinking that all this extra stuff will end at some point-but not today. The boiler is finished and I have hot water but Tom needs to bleed all the old radiators today while I'm at work. That necessitated moving everything away in each room and doing a little pick up, too. When I get off work the carpet guy is coming to "assess". My lifetime warranty on the new carpet only applies if I have it cleaned every two years and my anniversary is Aug. 3. I called yesterday and he had an opening for tomorrow. It's great-I won't be sweating it at the last minute.....so I'm also moving all the furniture out of the 3 rooms he will be doing. Fortunately, he says he doesn't need the bed moved however all my under-bed storage items will have to go elsewhere.
My hope in all of this is that the boilers bleed out with ease and none of the little spigots break off although I'm grateful it's not "my problem".

Amidst all of this, food continues to be pretty good. It just makes me so happy to have found a food plan I seem to be able to follow with ease and that I'm able to counter all the off plan thoughts that wander through. Thanks to all of you for being here as I know that daily support makes all the difference.

I am off to find more coffee. I have a desk in my kitchen but made sure the coffeemaker and vitamix were accessible-my two indispensable kitchen items!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, it's going to be a stormy day here, so I guess I can expect the same for the next 40 days?

Ruth, Yay for getting through all that judging of the artwork so fast! I hope you're feeling much better today.

Tammy, here's to a better day!

I've been getting a lot of little projects done at the farm while everyone is gone, and this morning I'm going to tackle the pantry and mudroom. I must remember to check the garden for zucchini before I leave, especially since my own zucchini plants are a big sluggish. I want to make some chocolate chip zucchini muffins this afternoon!

OK, I'd better wrap this up. I told Dad I'd stop by this morning before I take my car to the shop to have a screw removed from a tire. Have a wonderful day, and remember to drink plenty of water in this heat!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! Yesterday was a productive day in the garden for me: cut down a dead lilac bush, divided some daylilies and iris, shuffled a couple plants here and there. The next job is to try to tame a spiderwort invasion. I've come to regret ever accepting the free plant from my MIL. Today is threatening rain so I will probably try to find the motivation for some inside cleaning.

Glad you got the artwork judged, Ruth. Hope today is calm for you.
Tammy, I've been making a salad Jennifer mentioned last week: beans, cucs, zuc, peppers, red onion with a vinaigrette- a bit like yours. DH mentioned more than once how good it is and last night DS1 wiped it out straight from the bowl!! I'm taking that as a hint to make it again ASAP.
Debbie, another busy day for you!! Good luck on your projects! And isn't it awesome when your eating plan works?
Cottage, pre-SB I LOVED making chocolate zucchini cake. Now, I try to resist. Not really OP.

Who needs a refill before their day gets cranking?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth hope you feel better. Naps are always a good thing in my book. Tammy hope DD is feeling better too. Enjoy your Mexican chicken. Debbie maybe you could come here and get me motivated to take care of ignored house projects Linda hope the tire repair goes smoothly.

Funeral was sad yesterday. His sister's eulogy was very touching. We were grateful for the church service as the church had AC. I felt like my bra had puddles yuck.

Doctor in. few. Depending on how sore I am will decide the rest if the day. I do need to tackle college and personal paperwork. Oh and bathe Coconut he is looking pretty gray for a white dog
Old 07-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Wow you all have been very busy yesterday. I ended up with a quiet day and got to talk to my BFF for about an hour (she is in Florida and I am in IL) so that was very nice, twice in one week is a record for us.

DD2 made swim conference so she will be happy. It is this upcoming Saturday.

I have been busy making some travel plans, we are going through Canada to get to Maine for the first leg of trip, so I made the first 3 nights of Hotel reservations and now to figure out the leg coming back home through the US and where we want to stop for last 4 days of the trip.

Ruth glad you were able to get a nap in

Tywnn your chicken sounds yummy

Debbie hope everything goes smoothly while you are at work

Cottage those muffins sound good do you modify to make them op or are they for others

Beth sounds like you had a productive day outside

Jekel enjoy your day today.

It is beautiful weather here, we had massive storm move through yesterday and it brought cooler temperatures and no humidity. This is my kinda of weather.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

I just realized we went back a month again LOL June 15th instead of July 15th
Old 07-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth is just testing us all the time.lol. or maybe just trying to stretch the summer.
Got to run for a dental today
take care
Sophie
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sophie and Pearlrose, I can't believe I did that again! June is my favourite month and seems to have taken some brain cells when she left.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

So, yesterday... I had my hip joint injection. (Thanks, Debbie!) The results were inconclusive. They put in a quick acting numbing medication and I'm supposed to judge the level of improvement in pain. Unfortunately, I can make it hurt hiking, walking, and all sorts of other times, but it was hard to do on demand. That morning I had tried with my trainer to find a few moves that trigger it and those were what I did after the shot. But I wasn't sure how much improvement. I'm starting physical therapy next week and have asked my boss to schedule me as little as possible (since it often hurts standing at work). And no cardio (again) until I see the doctor in 6 weeks.

Now, on to today. I'm going to hang out at home, mostly, with a few quick errands. Have lots to work on with my genealogy thanks to some new connections I've found. Tonight I'm going to finally try a zucchini spiral recipe. I wanted to share this one, similar to the deep dish pizza on here but not deep. I haven't tried it but it looks interesting.

Have a great day.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello friends I've spent a frustrating 30 hours with the phone situation. Apparently even though it worked for awhile the intersection of the water an the ongoing charging problems (a common issue for the S3s unfortunately) meant death for the phone. Then the insurance company didn't recognize my address to send a replacement. Got it all worked out and the new phone just arrived. Now I get to re-install and reorganize my phone It's been a lazy couple of work days because I've been busy with phone stuff. The next two days will be super busy then I've got a friend coming this weekend for camping (maybe in our yard) and kayaking (definitely not in our yard )

Okay, it's done updating its operating system, back to settings fun
Old 07-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

oops, just realized I posted the wrong beet chip recipes yesterday. This is the dehydrator recipe I'm trying. The other one also looks good but less healthy
Closed Thread