South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Cranking up the Weekend! July 12 & 11

Good morning! A quick coffee and then I'm off to pick up bread for the Mill.

How does your weekend look? Sunshine and a high of 85ºF here - real summer!

See you later.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I indulged in a rare sleep-in this morning and didn't get up until 6:45!

We're heading into our 8th sunny weekend in a row, but storms are due tomorrow night. Other than getting groceries, I have absolutely nothing planned except lazing by the pool for the next 2 days. You're all welcome to join me, but bring a pitcher of sangria!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!! Sunny and warm here as well. Gotta lover summer!

Not sure what is on the agenda today either. There is a craft fair in town so I might go check that out.

I was excited yesterday to pick my first head of broccoli from the garden. Dinner had home-grown beans, zuc, cucs and broccoli. Love the summer produce!

Off to refill my coffee. (Sorry Cottage, it's too early for sangria!)
Old 07-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday felt like Saturday to me so today feels like Sunday. I work this evening. Our shopping center has its annual sidewalk sale this weekend so it's been busy. And HOT.

Tomorrow I'm going with my mom to see Spamalot at a community theater. Weather permitting, I will hike tomorrow and Monday. I'm supposed to have my hip aggravated when I go in for an injection on Monday afternoon.

Have a great weekend.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just a quick fly-by water break from mowing I'm trying to get all the yard chores done today before tomorrow's rain.The day started slow while I tried to fix my cell phone. It didn't fare too well in yesterday's kayaking trip. Turns out the dehydrator is good for wet cell phones. Learn something new every day

Back to work. I'm picking Tim up from work in 50 minutes and want to have most of the yard done by then
Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Got my grocery shopping done and picked up a bike for DD2 for her birthday present got a good deal and tax free on base whewhoo!

Getting ready to leave for Toby Keith concert so gotta run.

Enjoy your evening!!!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I never did get back yesterday but worked the Mill gift shop until 1 when the wedding party arrived to set up for the big event.

The bride is an events planner who had a crew of young guys who had explicit orders, including a floor plan of the Mill. I was most impressed and the ceremony and food and drink went well. We did have several people show up wanting a tour of the Mill but we had to turn them away. Let's hope we never ever get in the bind of booking a wedding on a day when we are supposed to be doing tours.

Today T-storms and rain are predicted and it certainly looks like it right now. It's in the 70s but muggy and the mosquitoes are voracious. I had planned bamboo battling this morning but won't do that in the rain. There's plenty indoors to keep me busy. If I go stir-crazy I can drive to town to deliver a quilt.

Raising Paul in a Mug to toast a happy Sunday for you all whatever you do.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm on my last sips of coffee before heading out to finish the yard. Yesterday afternoon I mowed the shady spots, now I need to do the rest I'm getting things done ahead of the rain, as usual.

This is our backyard. I'll be down there on that lovely rock on the right side as soon as I'm done mowing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10421608_610335995747520_7142094940795109147_n.jpg (49.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sorry I went MIA-woke up early Friday morning and just put stuff in the car and headed over to DH and his raspberries. We had a wonderful two days picking berries and visiting with friends, at the pool of course. I decided I'd drive over early this morning to avoid traffic which was a great idea. No cars, a full moon and coffee. I do love this time of year! I work at 7 so have an hour to enjoy my smoothie and more coffee!

Linda, I wish I could come over and lounge with you at your pool!

Ruth, the wedding sounded nice and very organized!

Pearlrose, oh, a new bike for DD2! What did she get?

Karen, enjoy your play and hiking!

Beth, did you make it to the craft fair? I haven't hit one all summer.

Cyndi, I will certainly remember I can dehydrate my phone, if necessary. It sounds like you had a great time other than that!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Not much going on here today. We have thunderstorms predicted for later so I won't plan on outdoor work. At this point I know I need to do laundry and get a few groceries but that's all I've got planned. I did go to the craft fair yesterday; it seemed smaller than previous years but it is always fun to look.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Tell me about the mosquitoes. I have developed an allergy to bites in my old age
hope you dont get bored today lol

Cyndi. That is so lovely. Don't you just love warming your back on a warm rock.

Debbie. I can feel you are rejuvenated by your stay in your favorite place

Beth. Going to craft fairs and markets are one of my favorite things to do in the summer. We also go to lots jazz festivals

Linda. Thanks for asking about dd. She is over whatever it was. I am getting my 2 gss on Friday for a few days so she can ready for their holiday in kiwah island, s.c. a long drive with the little ones. We are going to France for 3 weeks.

After baking 24 hamburger buns for a bbq yesterday. I am doing nothing today
take care
sophie

Last edited by sophie; 07-13-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good mid-morning! I had a lazy morning after staying up way past my bedtime last night, then went to get groceries, then helped Jake put down the summer application on the lawn, and now it's nearly noon. I wanted to get the lawn taken care of, though, since it's supposed to rain later, and that will wash it into the soil. I do hope to get a swim in before the rain starts, though, especially since I'm all hot and sweaty now.

Ruth, I'm glad the hillbilly wedding went off well, afterall!

Debbie, I'll trade you some pool lounging time for some of your raspberries!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!
Old 07-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

I think we are going for pedi's this afternoon being doing chores around the house slowly.

Debbie she wanted a cruiser so that is what we got her, I love it may end up getting one for myself.

Sophie I have one bite that I am having an allergic reaction to, I need to stay inside at night.

Ruth glad the wedding went well, it has been a muggy weekend here, last night at the concert I was soaking wet from sweat yuck!

Cyndi I love your back yard

Beth and Cottage enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-13-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Closed Thread