South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wonderful Weekend on the Beach July 5-6

Good morning y'all! Did you have a good fourth in the US? I did! I guess I could've eaten worse on the food (didn't eat the potato chips!), but I definitely didn't eat phase 1.5 or even 2. Unless those pies were sugar free (LOL). I did have a great time yesterday, we wound up having 15 people total, and everyone had a good time.

Today is back to work. Yesterday a friend said she had to work today, and I thought, "oh, I'm sorry", and then I realized....I DID TOO. It felt like a Saturday!

I do have one piece of my breakfast casserole left. I made texas caviar for our staff meeting Thursday, and everyone loved it! Gratefully, there's leftover of that too. I'm thinking salsa chicken and spicy cilantro and lime slaw for dinner...

HA! I posted this originally at the end of July 4th. Honest, I'm not hung over, really!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - July 5 & 6

Lovely cool morning and Jazz and I are just in from coffee on the deck. In a few minutes, I'll saddle up and go pick up the bread for the Mill. I'm considering going out for breakfast on the way home.

Since my bamboo cutting folk did not come this week, I have borrowed Anna's hedge trimmer (electric) and may tackle the job myself - dressed in appropriate safety gear, of course. Aside from the esthetics, I am sure my bamboo forest is a summer camp for mosquitos and other flying critters.

I have a bit of deskwork to do today but being outside is going to take priority. It's a looooong winter so I plan to soak up as much of this good stuff as possible.

What's on your plan for the weekend? Fun stuff, I hope.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm sitting out here on my patio with my coffee and 'puter, enjoying my new patio set. I originally was looking for chair cushions, when I saw this terrific deal on this set that is the perfect size for my patio. And I even managed to talk the manager into taking another 20% off of it!

Tammy, I got your posts all sorted out for you, lol! Sounds like you had a real good day, yesterday!

Ruth, be careful cutting down that bamboo, that stuff has sharp edges! I hope you and Barb had a nice lunch together yesterday.

Since we have 2 birthdays in our family this weekend, I treated everyone to a celebratory dinner yesterday at "On the Border", which was a blast!, then we came home and Jake and Dustin treated us to a great fireworks show right at the end of our driveway.

We're having our "official" BBQ this afternoon, and the family will all be here for a ribfest. I'm making skinny taco dip and a cucumber salad with veggies from straight from my garden, so there will be plenty of OP options for me, but I will cheat a little with an ice cold slice of watermelon for dessert. You can't have 4th of July without watermelon!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Tammy. I looked up the caviar recipe and bookmarked it. Looks right up my alley. Sure the pie didnt do too much damage

Ruth. Have a good time cutting down your jungle.

Linda. Your day sounds perfect. I didnt realize that watermelon was a cheat. I have it all the time

I'm opting out for a hike this morning instead of weeding. Too hot to weed in the afternoon. Made my list for tomorrow's bbq and shopping later on
enjoy the rest of your weekend
Sophie
Old 07-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working tonight and tomorrow. Yesterday we had more customers in the store than I expected but it was still slow. No other plans. I've been busy still with genealogy and just started the new book that J K Rowling wrote under a pseudonym. I hear it is good.

My go-to meal this summer has actually been a black bean dip that I make and use over salad instead of with chips. It keeps well for several days. I am trying to find my missing motivation to cook.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sneaking in from work while enjoying cherries. Oh how I love them. Sorry Linda, but I despise watermelon, but hope you enjoy it.

I should look up Texas caviar My go to this week was chickpea, kidney beans, zucchini, yello squash, cucumbers, red peppers and red onion tossed with red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. It is quite filling and makes a great side dish.

Awesome score on the patio set Linda

Ruth hope your bamboo cooperates

Tammy glad you enjoyed your 4th

Ruth I enjoy your Houdini stories

Hi Beth, Karen, Sophie and chicks to come.

Thank you all for your kind words. I had pre cancerous cells in my cervix and had biopsies every 6 months for two years. This is my first full year with no precancerous cells found. Guess it is why I am stressing over the mammo. Seems like one thing ends and another begins. I keep reminding myself if it was something obvious they wouldn't make me wait...Tammy I can relate I can feel my ribs too. Lol they seem to have disappeared on their own!

Catch up day on paperwork. Worked a double yesterday and am feeling it today. I did something that will make the guys really upset. I broke both of our coffee pots at work. Cops without coffee is never a good thing. I left an apology note with the coffee maker. lol That is what I get for washing them
Old 07-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

I have had a great time the past two days but have my feel of fairs and walking Today just cleaning the house and getting ready for DD2 birthday party tomorrow.

Tywnn glad you had a good time, I actually stayed on plan yesterday and ate a a salad at the fair

Ruth be careful cutting the bamboo yourselves

Cottage enjoy your watermelon

Sophie hope you enjoyed your hike this morning

Karen hope you are not too busy at work today

Jekel if this helps I have had several pre- cancerous results in cervix but have been getting back the last few years negative results. I know it is nerve racking waiting for results after a biopsy.

Enjoy your evening!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Looks like another lovely summer's day. Finally summer!

The great bamboo purge did not go well. The bamboo just moved away from the hedge trimmer so I gave up. Today I'll try another tactic. I do have an electric chainsaw (handy for massacres ) but find it a tad scarey. I guess I'll be cutting individual stems at the ground with my rose pruners. If the bamboo were not blocking access to the generator, I'd just leave it.

Whatever you do, I hope we all enjoy the wind-up of this fun week!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Traveled yesterday and am now getting ready for work and trying to get the house back in order. It's supposed to continue to be hot. It works fine here we are always 10 degrees cooler than Denver.

Ruth, I hate weeds that need extreme measures. This time of year all I can do is try to keep everything back.

Pearlrose, Happy birthday to DD2!

OK, better keep moving!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's looking to be another lovely day here, too, Ruth. Too bad you can't just burn the darned bamboo down! Do you know anyone with a chainsaw? That would probably work best. Good luck with it.

Our 4th of July/birthday celebration was a lot of fun yesterday, and I did really well staying OP, probably because I was so busy running my mouth, lol! It seems like everyone is sleeping in this morning after our late night. I smelled coffee, and that's what got me out of bed.

We have a bit of clean up today after church, and making sure all the sparklers have been picked up - don't want to catch one of them in the lawnmower- then the rest of the day is going to be a day of much needed rest.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone!

Ruth, that bamboo stuff sounds nasty! Hope those boys finally come out to help clear it all. Enjoy the beautiful day!

Pearl - Have a great time at DD's bday party! How old is she? I am very impressed with eating salad at a fair!

Jekel, breaking the coffee pot is grounds for firing! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/classic...ar/detail.aspx
It is so delicious!

Karen - I am flying through books this summer. Let me know how that book is!

Sophie - how was the hike?

Cottage - how did the barbeque go? I must admit, watermelon is a routine cheat for me - it is sugary, but not many calories. Unless you eat half the watermelon, right?

We had a great day yesterday! Work went well, and DH cleaned up from the party while I was gone , not that there was a big mess. I got my power nap in, and then we decided to go to a local state park, and on a whim with the gorgeous weather, rented a fishing pontoon boat for a couple of hours. The kids had a blast swimming off of it, and I was the only one that caught (3) fish (and then realized I left my license at home, oops). It has been absolutely spectacular weather here the last couple of days!

We definitely can't go crazy like that today. Off to church, I can make my menu for the week and any food prep. I bet DH will want a bike ride or similar.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #12  

I must've taken too long to post, Debbie and Linda snuck in! Good morning gals!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Tammy thanks for the link. Looks right up my alley. I probably would just eat it as my lunch. DS finished my chick pea concoction yesterday. I know he would enjoy this too.

Pearlrose we seem to be very similar. Wish we lived closer Happy Birthday DD2

Ruth we are coming up with our chain saws to massacre your bamboo. Lol. Please let the fellas take care of this for you.

I am a little blah today (nothing serious) my career choice comes with sacrifices. I was on Facebook looking at everyone's holiday celebrations. Over the years I have missed birthday, holidays, family gatherings etc because of work. sigh Retirement will be here in 8 years so I will make up for it then. Hopefully as a guest at DS's lol

I am working again tomorrow (OT). Held over two nights this week. The Lt let me go early (paid for 3 hours stayed for 2) Today I am dragging. I was going for a ride, but not feeling it. Maybe later today would be better. Going to Joe's to finally bring home the truck. Will leave my car there for a few days. I still need tires for the truck.

DS still does not have a summer job. So the little red civic sits unregistered in my driveway. Lol maybe I'll just open a used car lot

Time to get motivated and enjoy this gorgeous day before the humidity returns. Yes it was a very bad hair week yikes!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, chicks! Just back from a quick trip to central NY to see my parents. I am lucky to still have both of them and so try to visit them often. I did NOT eat OP the last 2 days but at least DH and I did a 2 hour hike at one of the gorges yesterday. That has to count for something. Tomorrow will be phase 1, but maybe with a few strawberries thrown in...

Sounds like there was a lot going on around here this weekend! Glad everyone had such a great time. I miss it when I am on the road and can't post!
Closed Thread