South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default It's just another manic monday June 9 on the beach

I see we have a thread for Cyndi's birthday (WOO HOOO), but not the daily thread. Raising a glass of wine to you, Cyndi! (well, maybe not now, but later tonight...)

We had a fantastic weekend for camping. I can't believe we've gone camping twice now, and not a drop of rain! Absolutely beautiful. But, back to the grind today...my first full week at my new job . So far, I'm really enjoying it!

I went grocery shopping last night, and tomorrow (day off) I'll roast some beets for beet salad. Today is leftover texas caviar (black eyed pea salad) and tacos for supper. I did already get up and do my 3.5 miles, which is probably why I'm in a good mood .

Have a great Monday, y'all!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Hoping for a non-manic Monday. Lisa, I'm glad your weekend went well - I used to find camping very relaxing back in the day.

Yesterday's Victorian Tea was a nice break from my knotted knickers kind of week. The food was absolutely fabulous and I certainly was off programme. I did manage to avoid the sweets though and felt very virtuous. Just did salad for supper.

Today I have odds and sods to do around the house and the Mill Office but am going to finally do that beer can chicken. I've invited Donna for supper as she's never had beer can chicken. (When I did it for her last summer, it went flying off the holder, hit the couch and floor, and we ended up having beef fajitas instead.)

The Mill AGM is tomorrow night and I am so relieved to know someone else is putting the Financial Report together. I spent about an hour on the phone with Madeleine yesterday and we resolved some of the missing posting problems. All I'll need to do tomorrow night is look presentable and sound like I know my stuff.

The kittens seem to have disappeared although Momma Cat still comes for food. Not sure what happened but we do have some predators around here - coyotes, fishers, owls, foxes and even wolves. I suspect they may have met a sad fate but I hope not. "Nature red in tooth and claw."

Time to crank up the day. Have a non-manic Monday, if possible.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for the earworm, Twynn, and thanks for getting us started!

My usual Monday....I've already painted, taken a nap (mainly to get warm) and now I'm down to make smoothie and head to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The crew is out the door, so I hope my Monday becomes less manic now! I just made my smoothie, which I'm back on for the summer, and am ready to enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet before heading off for the day.

Tammy, hasn't our weather been just gorgeous? We do have a stormy week ahead of us, though. Are you getting accustomed to your new job and schedule yet?

Ruth, that's too funny about your beer can chicken experience! I hope you get to enjoy it tonight!

We had a great weekend at my DD's, and the Beef & Beer fundraiser was a huge success and lots of fun. We had planned to come back home yesterday morning but Jake ended up replacing all the screens on Monica's windows and storm doors while Monica and I were at church, and we didn't leave until after lunch. I did get some gardening done when we got home, then relaxed with a glass of wine and watched the grandkids splash around in the pool. It was a great way to wind up the weekend.

Well, I'd better grab my things and head out the door to see what's in store for me today. Have a great one, Chickies!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Twynn. Boy I wish I had your get up and go in the mornings. Don't think I ever had. Have a nice full week

Ruth. Too funny about the beer can chicken but aren't they delicious

Debbie. What a busy morning

thanks for the good wishes. Its hard to believe how quickly 45 years went by. We had a very nice day with family.
I'm thinking really serously of going on maintenance for awhile because I am stuck at my ticker weight
have a nice day and to everyone to follow
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 06-09-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy glad you are enjoying life these days

Ruth your auto correct must be on the fritz....who is Lisa lol Good luck with your chicken. I had one end up on the driveway lol

Debbie sounds like your furry baby will be in good hands while you are away

Linda sounds like you had a great weekend

Well my weekend starts today and my big plans include studying, cleaning, cooking, laundry and going to a cram class tomorrow. My kitchen floor looks like I have a coating of doggie carpet from Mick's shedding. Pretty boring few days, but that's fine by me Have a great day
Old 06-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm sipping my smoothie and checking to see what's going on with everyone else. I figured out why I was so cold this morning- it's flippin' 34 degrees! We had a frost last night! I noticed it was icy on the banister when I came back down from turning the heat off and putting plastic on the floor. I hope everyone's day is warmer than mine!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm off to the gym. Then groceries. Then work.

Gotta run.

Have a great day, all.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got my run in this morning hard to get out the door but felt so much better afterwards. Lots of meetings today and I am trying to get everything that needs to be completed as I will be gone for a week and half. Leave on Thursday to go to 31 year reunion get together (No one planned our 30 year so we are a year late) in Florida and then I leave Monday for Portland for a work conference.

Tywnn glad you are enjoy your new position.

Ruth I hope the beer chicken goes off without a hitch

Debbie brrr that is cold for June, enjoy your day

Cottage glad you had a nice weekend

Sophie belated Happy Anniversary that is great 45 years married

Jekel enjoy your "weekend" and get all the studying you need accomplished

Karen

Okay off to a meeting...Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #10  

Hurrah - down to 11 days of school - I think we can, I think we can. The high schoolers are absolutely DONE with all of us adults, let me tell you!

Seniors graduate Wednesday, but the snowy winter pushed everyone else back an extra week, so underclass exams do not even start until next Monday.

Today involves cooking after school so DH and I do not have to fight about how hungry he is - lol.

Be well!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #11  
sophie

Jen I was thinking the same thing but didn't have enough courage to ask lol
take care
Sophie
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lisa is my phantom friend here on the net. I meant Tammy but had a brain fart. I'm sure there are more to come. Last week was particularly bad with Thread titles.

be nice to me - I'm old!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just wanted to stop by and catch up on the news. No time this morning.

A lovely warm day today; had a great walk after school and I have Leftover Buffet so I don't even have to cook tonight. (Choice of pulled pork, grilled sausages, eggplant parmigiana, or SB shepherd's pie. Yum!)

Enjoy your evening, chicks!
Closed Thread