South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 05:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, June 10

Good Morning

I've been painting since midnight (so what's new). I've definitely had enough coffee so I think I'll put my head on the pillow for at least an hour before officially starting my day. I've lined up my crew for the day and have prepped everything I can. By the time I'm done at the restaurant there should be a collective step forward towards the final phase of this project.

My plants all survived the freeze but my helper's zucchini did not fare so well. I'm glad I didn't have mine in the ground yet.

What's on your Tuesday agenda? Stop and say hi

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning or good night Debbie your choice lol. Glad the project is coming along nicely. I have so many on my to do list, but they are all $$$$$ so they will probably not get done anytime soon.

Off to class today. it is an all day cram class for the promotional exams at the end of the month. I am really stressed these days and not eating not sleeping like I should. There is a lot of external and internal pressure to do well. We haven't had a promotional test in over 7 years!!! I am happy being a sergeant, but with college tuition coming up, lieutenant's pay would be nice.

DS has been trying to flex his I am 18 and don't need rules muscles. I'm standing my ground on this one, but it sure isn't easy lol. Last night he letter not to talk to me because I wouldn't let him go out at 9pm on a school night to hang out with his friends. Poor baby lol

Smoothie is in the tummy now to finish coffee and clean some before running out the door. Have a great day.

Bea and Beth you have my sympathies. I can only imaging how frustrating teaching is this time of year. Hang in there
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I woke up to the drumming of a downpour this morning. It sure wouldn't have taken much to convince me to stay in bed a little longer! I'm not as ambitious as you, Debbie, but I did gather up a load of whites to toss in the washer. I'm thankful for this rain since I did some transplanting the other day, and this saves me from watering.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We got just a sprinkle of rain last night from the looks of things. I will go out and water the raised bed though since it seems to dry out quickly - all the seeds are in, by the way.

Well, I did a gorgeous beer can chicken last night, made a potato salad and got things prepped for a Caesar salad. Waited an hour, no sign of Donna and her phone didn't answer. Finally ate but was worried. She called just now and was most apologetic - she had a hockey volunteer meeting and didn't realize she's goofed until this morning when she checked her messages. I'll do a repeat later in the summer when I get over being miffed!

Today is my day to be at the Mill. There will be lots to do today, including prepping the Hall for tonight's AGM. My fingers are crossed that it doesn't rain. We have the meeting and then there will be a presentation about the older homes in Delta. I think mine made the but but am not sure. There will be tons of people renewing their memberships so thy can vote so I'll be busy taking the money and also doing "on the spot" tax receipts.

Time to hit the showers and get going. Lifting my mug in a toast to the day. Hope your day is stellar.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Rainy here. Lots of rain. I don't see hiking in my future any time soon.

After hearing last night that one more gal couldn't make it to book club here tonight, I decided to reschedule. It would only have been three of us. Bummer is that since we had company Sunday, the house was already clean and I already had a lot of the food. Oh well.

This afternoon I have lunch with my mom and our mutual friend. Then I will run several errands in that part of town.

Have a great day.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I hope you all are enjoying your day.

Debbie - How do you do your crazy schedule?! LOL...painting in the middle of the night. I'd read a good book

Jennifer -aaawww, being a teenager stinks, eh? Tell him to go out on his own, and he can make all the rules. I am dreading when my kids are teenagers!

Cottage - I haven't had to water my garden in days! you did remind me I need to weed though...

Ruth - Lisa is my evil twin you addressed yesterday Unlucky Donna, I wish I could've taken her place!

Karen - I would love to be in a book club! I did get 5 books for $2 at garage sales a couple of weekends ago, and I read 3, with 1 to go (the other was for the kids, DS LOVED it and just got the second one from the library. He hasn't read a regular book in a while, so I'm proud! and the next book is nearly 700 pages...)

Anyway, today is my DAY OFF. WOOHOO. DAY. OFF. I'm so giddy with my new job, you'd think I was dating someone new. Speaking of that, I wonder how Natasha is doing?

But on my day off, I'm cleaning, baking for my first staff meeting (bribery!), and getting errands done. I need to take the kids for something fun too, before DS' doctor appt this afternoon (routine physical). I might see if the strawberries are in season and take them there. Their new sitter started yesterday, I guess it went well. ... they BEGGED me to "volunteer for work" today so that she'd come back today.

Have a great day y'all!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got a soaking overnight (DD2 had swim practice in the rain, no thunder or lightening) and are supposed to get more rain for the new few days.

Debbie- I would not be able to paint that late at night, you always amaze me

Jekel- good luck with your test- I hope you pass with flying colors

Cottage- I am doing laundry as well since I am doing wfh today

Ruth- Donna is not meant to have your beer chicken it would seem. Sorry you had to worry until this morning

Karen-Have fun at your lunch

Tywnn- that is always a good thing that your kids want the babysitter back.

I need to start thinking about packing but will probably wait until tomorrow evening to do. Tonight is DD2 first official swim meet- hopefully it will not be raining so we don't have to sit out in it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon! Came home a few minutes early today because I am hoping to sneak out into the flower gardens and weed a bit. We got some rain overnight so I may be able to skip the watering today. I can't believe how everything has been growing since we had this bit of warmth! The growing season is so short here that it seems like an explosion out there.

Jennifer, thanks for the sympathy, lol. The kids alternate between being focused and completely antsy for the year to be over. You'd almost think they were human beings or something! And I hear you on those teen years..."Move out now while you still know everything".

Tammy, glad your new job is working out so well.

Debbie, hope the rest of your day was as productive as your night.

Pearl, I don't think I'd be much interested in watching swimming in the rain. But then again, many people aren't interested in freezing while they watch their kids in a rink.

Have a great afternoon, chicks. I'm on my way outside to enjoy some sunshine.
Closed Thread