South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday - June 6

Well, wide awake at 3 again and finally got up at 4. When I go to the bank this morning, I'll pick up some of those wee blue pills. Part of the problem is dozing off in front of the TV for an hour or so. Maybe I should go to evening meetings.

This morning I'll pull together my 2013 paper accounting crud and take it to an accountant this afternoon. Dan (Mill Chair) and I are hoping Madeleine can pull together a financial report for Tuesday's AGM. Sure hope so as I cannot access previous year data since my software is wonky. The joys of being a volunteer! Dan is driving and is treating me to lunch first - M's house is down by the St Lawrence and we are going to a waterfront restaurant in Rockport - a place Linda knows well.

My garden is looking gorgeous right now with iris, lemon lilies and the tree peony. Even the meadow looks great and smells even better with the Dames Rocket in full bloom and scent. Toni and Gus have put in some things in the part of the field that they are using this year. (They refer to themselves as "serfs" and I will have full picking rights which is most convenient.)

Just checked the weather and it looks like we are going to have a great weekend. I see a beer-can chicken in my future - maybe tomorrow night as I have to do a bread run at 8 tonight and sure don't want to have beer can chicken without a glass of wine. (We have a new baker to do the Mill's Saturday bread and she doesn't deliver. After this week, there should be a rotation of who does the pick-up.)

Time for another coffee and some breakfast to hold me for the morning. I'm thinking egg foo yung as I do have fresh bean sprouts.

TGIF for sure!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm, that egg foo young is so easy! I might have to put that in next weeks menu. You sound crazy busy as always, Ruth! Enjoy your beer can chicken and weekend.

It is a gorgeous morning here! Unfortunately I woke up early, but I have lots to do as well. I need to make my rounds in town (HA! I got DD's teacher some wine....she said turning 21 didn't inspire drinking wine, it's teaching a classroom of 3rd graders!), and get ready to go camping. Looks like it'll be a perfect weekend! DH took the day off as well, I'm hoping he'll take me out to breakfast .

Hmmmm, what salad to bring camping?
Old 06-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I am off to start painting early since I have 2 days off now and we could almost finish. Nothing else planned-will write an email to my sibling before I go. Days are sunny and warm and the yard has perked up. I just wish summer lasted longer.

Happy camping, Twynn!

Ruth, your yard sounds spectacular!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, indeedy, Ruth, I certainly do remember that restaurant in Rockport. Enjoy your lunch there!

Everyone sounds busy with happy plans for the day. Me? I'm just accompanying Jake to his dr visit at the VA hospital, then errands, then a visit and most likely lunch with Dad, then home to get laundry done and tidy up the house. Dinner and wine on the patio this evening is a definite!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:01 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Linda! Your lil' guy really cracked me up! Have a great day!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!
This morning I have a moment to breathe since I am attending a workshop and get to leave almost an hour later than normal. I am actually sitting and sipping a smoothie while I check in; so many mornings it is eat on the run. (And thanks, Debbie, for the green powder info; I ordered some and it's awesome!)

Ruth, no peonies here but I have yellow iris next to my columbine (3 colors) and hardy geraniums. Did I mention I love this time of year?

LOL, Tammy, on the teacher's comment. I don't think I have anywhere near the energy to teach little kids. Have a great camping trip.

Cottage, some days checking off the chores is satisfying in its own way. Enjoy your dinner and wine.

Ok, just about time to move. To all the chicks to come, have a great day!!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's a beautiful day here, great day to wfh and look out the window, I may just work from the back deck this afternoon.

DD2 mock swim meet went well yesterday she swam in 4 events.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm on hold on the phone so this seemed a good time to stop by. I work the closing shift tonight. Might run some errands today. Working on genealogy again (still). Eating has been OP. Need to plan snacks for company coming Sunday and book club Tuesday.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Turned into a very busy "day off". I can't believe I'm just getting here.
We are hoping to go camping tomorrow if there's space. If not we will kayak and picnic then come home.

Happy Friday night
Old 06-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Busy few days at work, two more to go until I am off again. Debbie hope all your "family stuff" works out. Thinking of you.

Tammy glad the new job is making you happy.

Happy Anniversary Sophie.

Cyndi how is Tim's back? Have fun camping or kayacking

Ruth hope you get some solid zzzzzzzzz's

To everyone have a great night
Closed Thread