South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Memorial Monday - May 26

Good morning from soggy Delta! It's raining again but a nice soft rain after three t-storms over the weekend. We even had hail!

The Doors Open weekend went well although I'm pretty sore and tired from being on my feet all day doing tours. This morning I'll tally up all the revenue and get it to the bank as soon as it opens. Then the rest of the day is mine!

I'll tackle some long-standing niggles and also do some baking to freeze for the Thera-Paws bake and yard sale this coming Saturday. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow so planting my raised bed will have to be done later in the week. At least the plants I've already bought won't dry out!

I hope your Monday and you are full of Spring today!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, have a nice and relaxing day! I'm headed to work. It's been raining every afternoon which makes for very chilly mornings at 7500 ft, but everything is sure green and my seedlings are all popping their heads out of the soil.

Have a nice holiday everyone!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and thank you to all who have served, are serving or supporting our service men and women. Ruth is there a similar holiday in Canada?

Dare I say I loved being home last night. Cried like a baby when I took mom to the airport, she did too. The older she gets the harder it is to say goodbye. I really miss her being on Long Island. If my stepdad wasn't so difficult I would visit more often. We did have a lovely time. Last night DS spent the night at his friend's house. So mama had a peaceful evening lol. Even Mick cooperated and let me Dremel all of his nails including that funky curly one. Mick refused his morning cookie. I think he misses grandma too.

Debbie I hope you don't have to work the entire day.

Ruth glad everything went well yesterday.

Natasha if you are reading this check in please

As for me, it is too beautiful not to be outdoors. Going to ride and weed later. Grill a steak and study on the patio. Not certain if I will encounter any parades today, but I kinda hope I do. Have a great day!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's back to reality for us. I dropped Tim at work at 7 but need to stop back to bring him lunch. Between being away and them working on the yard and gardens so long that we were too tired to cook, there are no leftovers in the house Waiting to hear from my parents about their visit. My Dad has been sick so not sure they will make it. They will decide today. In the meantime I'll just keep plowing through the garden tasks and work on cleaning things up for a potential visit.

Now off to the grocery store
Old 05-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jekel, we do have the Victoria Day Holiday in May which is the weekend before your memorial Day. It's to celebrate the Queen's Birthday - actually in June but she's borrowed her great-great granny's day.

We have Remembrance Day in November to think of those who died in the wars and are currently serving. It's usually a miserable cold day to sit outside, lay poppy wreaths and listen to someone murder the recitation of In Flanders Fields.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks. Peeked in here early but somehow things got very busy very quickly today. Made Kalyn's egg cup and some flax muffins for the week, ran to the grocery store, have done laundry and cleaning. It has been raining most of the morning and I think I will sit for a bit before the next chore hits.

With the rain, I am so thankful I was able to get my flowers planted yesterday, now it will just be the weeding and watering routine-- although there is no need to watering today!

If the weather holds we will grill tonight and I will make sure DH cooks enough for a couple days. We use charcoal rather than a gas grill so we always try to cook a few days' worth of food. It seems silly to wait an hour for charcoal just to do a couple of steaks or burgers.

There was a parade in town this morning but somehow the idea of watching from under an umbrella was not too appealing.

Have a great Monday, everyone!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

I started writing a post this morning, but had a bad sneezing attack and never got back to it. There's something in the air that giving me grief, and I've been sleeping most of the day. It's sad, because it's such a gorgeous day outside, too. I am starting to feel a mite better right now, so I hope I'm bouncing back.

We had our big family gathering yesterday, and the grandkids were very happy to christen the pool for the the season. I don't know how they could stand the frigid water, but they were oblivious to it and spent the entire day in the pool. Thank goodness we have lots of leftovers so I won't have to cook tonight.

Beth, we have both a charcoal grill and a gas one, but the gas one is hardly ever used. It seems everyone at our house prefers charcoal grilling.

Well, I'm going to go make a mango smoothie to soothe my scratchy throat. Enjoy the rest of this Memorial Day, and take time to reflect on our many freedoms and blessings on this special day.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon, chicks! We had the most awesome weather for camping, and (drumroll please)...it didn't rain a drop!! Unbelievable! Mid 70's during the day, and 45-50 at night (so lots of blankies!). It was fantastic. I read almost 3 books, DD had several new "BFF"s, and DS caught a 17" bass. DH had no responsibilities except to chop wood .

Back to reality, I'm making this week's menu. I must go check the recipe section....

(and LAST WEEK of my job!!)
Closed Thread