South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat 5/3

Good morning fabulous chicks! Even though I work today and tomorrow, it's fabulous to be Friday. Yesterday was a loooong day, and I'm glad it's over. We even had a 7 mo old pit that was staggering...and after we made it throw up some marijuana, the owners *finally* admitted to making brownies that day. Dorks.

I was supposed to meet my new colleague, but with her baby being fussy we'll just do a phone call. I guess I should clean (still haven't scrubbed the bathroom floor) then off to work. The kids have their spring musical tonight, they're doing a patriotic theme and are very excited about it.

I had some of that confetti salad leftovers for dinner last night - FABULOUS. I am officially obsessed. Mmmm. Mmmmm. Guess what I'm having for lunch today?! (or maybe breakfast?!)

What cha all doin' this Friday?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What idiots! Hope that poor puggie doesn't have lasting damage. Marijuana AND chocolate!

I am definitely in TGIF mode after a really bad week of interviews - two today. We seem to spend almost two hours on each candidate and then another hour discussing them. When these two are done, there will just be one left to do on Tuesday and then we need to decide. The one we saw yesterday was another keeper but we still have only two positions left.

The darned rain continues and we don't expect a big change until next week. Lake Sheridan has reappeared in my dogyard but Jazz has now mastered getting to the other side if there's a cat or squirrel over there. He just sloshes through. I wonder if this means he'll like the beach this summer. I did take time for a short walk in the woods yesterday - bloodroot, trout lilies, hepaticas and Dutchmans Breeches are looking lovely and the trilliums are well up and budded. What a lovely time of year!

A reminder just popped up that I promised a rum cake to the quilting group for Monday so I'll be baking over the weekend. Good thing I can do that recipe in my sleep.

TGIF to us all. (I wish I had a bowl of that Confetti salad for breakfast but it's scrambled eggs and veggies again. I'd love to fo that Egg Foo Yung but just can't get bean sprouts around here in small quantities.)
Old 05-02-2014, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy, and those to come. I'm eager to try that confetti salad, especially after your raves. That's so wrong about giving a dog marijuana! I hope you gave the owners a good lecture!

The sun is shining and I think we'll finally start drying out today. I want to wade out to my garden to see how everything is faring. I need to stay close to home today since I'm doing a 24 hour test for my doctor, but I will go over to Dad's to take care of his business, and maybe go out for lunch. Other than that, just a quick tidying of the house and rejoicing in the sunshine.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruthie! We have Lake Baxter in our back yard, and the geese are using it for a waterpark. I hope your interviews today are winners!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Gym day. I'm rather sore in a few spots from my massage yesterday. He really worked on some problem areas. Not a thing relaxing about it! And the big event of the day was that we now officially booked our trip to the Galapagos Islands! We decided (settled) on next January. Today I need to read through the paperwork; the deposit needs to be paid within a week.

I heard last night that one of my co-workers just gave her notice. Funny thing is my boss accidentally didn't schedule me at all next week; business has been slow so she's having less hours for the part-timers. I just hope the gal leaving doesn't mean I have to pick up more nights. Maybe the time has come to talk with my boss about it. I know I have to do "some" but just don't want to do any more than she needs. Although probably a few of my co-workers feel the same way!

Have a great day.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning My incredibly long week is getting closer to the end. Yesterday's May Day event was actually fin and the sun came out so it was a beautiful day. Today I've got a dr. appt. then packing and a quick trip to Plum Island before heading to DD's for the night. Tomorrow we do the Boston MG walk then lunch with some MG friends and home. Sunday I have no one to blame but myself. First an early morning bird walk at Herrick's Cove Fest (led by a good friend) then the first of the season mushroom walk somewhere else! I thought I'd have to work after but it looks like we get the whole weekend off. Our bill should be on the House floor Monday so the legislative piece will be done by midweek and we can all relax for a couple of weeks.

Twynn - ugh, stupid pet people. Meanwhile here I sit writing a long note to our pet sitter about Cricket's food (chicken and brown rice pasta with veggies and supplements). What is the countdown to new job now?

Ruth - I have some lovely Trillium just starting to bloom right outside my desk window

Cottage - Hope that pond dries up soon and the sun is shining there.

Karen - I've had those deep tissue massages. ouch!
I am so jealous, that's a trip I've always wanted to make. Can't wait to hear about it.

Okay, I need to get a list together. Lots to do while I'm in town for my appointment. Happy Friday!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks.

Bad day for me mentally and physically. I need to also find my willpower - letting myself use all these meds and tests as excuses but honestly, having a very hard time and don't know how to "snap" out of it.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning (still morning for me)

Forgot to stop by this morning been busy trying to get everything ready so I can concentrate on my class next week. I still do not have my pre reading accomplished so guess that is on the plan. Still have a conference call with my boss this afternoon and taking DD2 to the dentist.

I did not work out this morning since my heel is still hurting and not quite sure what it is, if it is still hurting next week will go to doctor to see what is up.

Ruth good luck with the candidates and hope your backyard dries up

Tywnn that is awful poor doggy

Cottage good luck with your 24 hour test today

Karen I hope after the soreness goes away that you feel better though

Cyndi enjoy your weekend

Jenne throwing some pixie dust your way

Back to work I go, it is so dreary and cold can't wait for tomorrow and the sunshine!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
I checked in earlier...see it didn't post. Oh well...just had a few minutes before heading out to a meeting

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I don't remember if I got here yesterday. Days are just a blur lately. Been doing really well with my P1. Been a little sluggish, but I think it is from anticipating TOM and P1. Better this week then next. Officially one week until we leave.

Tammy unbelievable how careless some pet parents can be!
Linda hope your tests go well
Cyndi have fun with DD and the walk
Karen deep tissue massages can be painful
Pearlrose hope you get your reading done
Ruth I don't envy your week lol
Hi Debbie

Jenn just checking in maybe all the motivation you need. I've been following your blog, it is completely understandable why you are struggling to stay OP. You have a lot going on. Just take small steps. You took a step today Get out and smell the Cherry Blossoms (they are in bloom right) try to find something you enjoy that makes you feel good
Closed Thread