South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thoughtful Thursday, SBD Chat, Apr 24

Good Morning

I got lots done in the yard yesterday and do I ever feel it today! The last event was my one lil hummer finding the feeder! I was so happy! Today I'll work outside again but will choose some easier tasks. It looks like it's shaping up to be a nice one!

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi

Let's drink some coffee! (or whatever you prefer lol0

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie, and thanks for starting us off. Hummingbirds are such a delight to watch, aren't they?

Today is a long day for me, although I think it's slower (darned). I'm still obsessing over a car, I drove a CR-V last night, and that's my favorite so far (although the Forester is roomier). Honestly, I didn't want to spend that much, and I can get a used CR-V cheaper than a used Forester, and with a great warranty to boot.

Otherwise, same ole, same ole. Coffee just beeped....
Old 04-24-2014, 06:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Hummers! I usually don't see one at my feeder until mid-May but it's nice to know they are on the way.

Gloriously clear sunrise this morning so we are in for a decent day. It's just at freezing right now but will get up to mid-50s by afternoon. Typical April weather and rain predicted for Saturday. Then a stretch of sunshine for next week. I am so anxious to get to the garden and clear off dead leaves and plants. I do have lots of spring bulbs that have popped up so the season of flowers is coming.

Haircut in town this morning, a minor shop and then home to go over the resumes from students wanting to work as guides at the Mill this summer. It's going to be a difficult summer with no paid supervisory staff so we need to select very carefully. I'm not sure how we will manage but I see myself working way too many volunteer hours. Maybe a miracle will happen. At least we are not doing the Cafe this year although we may open it for special weekends.

I just went out to feed the cats and clipped some forsythia branches to force into bloom indoors. They look pretty dead but I know they'll surprise me some morning after a few days indoors.

Have a great Thursday!

Hi Tammy! I thought I heard the coffee beep. Hope you make your car decision soon - nothing like a new car to give a spring lift! I've had mine two years this month and still love it.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I have my coffee, although I had to run some plain water through the Keurig first because somebody made ice tea in it and didn't rinse it.

I haven't seen our elusive hummers yet this year, you are fortunate to have them, Debbie. I think the pesky squirrels and blue jays are scaring ours off.

Tammy, have fun car shopping. I really liked the Forester, and that would have been my 2nd choice, but I just adore my Outlander Sport. Have you looked at the Highlanders? My SIL just got one, and it's really nice.

Good morning, Ruthie. I can just picture a big vase full of forsythia on your kitchen table. I currently have a huge bunch of purple and white striped tulips adorning my table.

This work week has just flown by for me, and today's my Friday already. I'm looking forward to a weekend of gardening, since I still have to plant my onion sets. I want to look for a nice sized red rhododendron to fill in an empty spot in my border, too, and that will be our anniversary present to each other, rather than going out to dinner. Just think of the calories I'll save!

It's looking to be another glorious Spring day today!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:16 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ruth, that hummer said he was headed North! I just bought my first forsythia and need to find a large space for it. Yes, the season of flowers is coming!

Tammy, I'd like a forester,too, but think they're overpriced! Glanced at a crv just the other day!

Linda, happy Friday! Lol at saving calories with plants! I did that, too, yesterday. I have 2 roses and a perennial kale sitting in the car.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. It's a rainy day here. Thunder.

I think I'll head to Sprouts later; they have very cheap blackberries on sale. I'm doing well back on a variation of PH1.5 - cut the grains again but one serving of fruit at night for dessert. I'm still spending a lot of time each day online on the ancestry/genealogy thing.

Have a great day.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, we are supposed to get rain this evening we shall see. Lots of meetings today and I may have to break down and take an allergy pill something is definitely affecting me this week.

Debbie glad you got a lot accomplished yesterday

Tywnn good luck on your narrowing of choices

Ruth I hope you find some good volunteer candidates

Cottage enjoy your day.

Drove by the rams dome this morning on the bus and it was nice to see it very crowded with youth attending robotics competition looks it will be fun.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #8  

Good morning

I am glad that everyone is enjoying their spring weather complete with hummingbirds & flowers. I don't think I've ever seen a forsythia out west & I'm now curious to check one out online.

April has been a whirlwind for me I've been spending a lot of time at Mark's where it's hard for me to check in. Also been taking him to the doctor. He came me to a couple weeks saying he couldn't see out of his right eye & describing what sounded to me like floaters. Turned out he has a hemmorhage in his retina. He goes next week for treatment now that he's diagnosed.

Been working a lot of demos in April & interviewing a lot. Received word yesterday that a company a few moments from me wants me to start immediately. I will be doing A/P whereas I've always done A/R in the past so it will be something of a mental adjustment but, I will manage.

Anyway sorry to talk all about me in this post but lots going on. Have missed being able to get online.

Hope everyone is well and having a good week.

Sue
Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Had a lovely day of sun, albeit with cool temps. It was SO nice to have some daylight when the alarm went off at 5:30. I think this is my favorite time of year, from now til early July.

Such a busy day for everyone!
Hope you have some good candidates, Ruth.
Tammy, I have a 4Runner and for the size the vehicle appears to be it sometimes feels a little cramped for the 6 footers in our house. Have fun shopping!
Debbie, no hummers here yet just robins, flickers and some noisy mourning doves!
Cottage, I'll have to swap plants for my next "event" meal. Good idea!
Karen, isn't it fascinating to find out about your ancestors?
Pearl, hope you had a good day.
Sue, don't worry about the "me" talk. Hope the transition in your job is smooth.
Have a great evening, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-24-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Closed Thread