South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 07:48 AM   #1  

Question Phase II Losers

I have been lurking for the last several weeks, but thought I would jump in and ask how everyone on Phase II is doing? I did pretty well on Phase I, and since this was my first low-carb diet, I was happy with the weight loss, but when I started Phase II and just added a little fruit (half cup of strawberries every other day) my weight loss stopped completely. I didn't gain anything back, but my weight drop either. Would really appreciate knowing how everyone else is doing on Phase II. Read the Dr.'s answers to questions on Prevention and he said you are not suppose to lose so much on the second Phase--maybe just a pound a week, but nothing is really upsetting. Thanks for any help. Caci
Old 06-29-2003, 11:39 AM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I'm not on phase 2 yet, but a friend of mine has been saying that her body is rearranging from this WOE. Even when she doesn't lose weight, her body is becoming more the way she wants it all the time!! Stick to it!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 11:42 AM   #3  

I lost another three pounds when starting Phase II, but have been in a stall. I am reworking my plan to follow the book's meal plans more closely. The book plan allows two fruits and one complex carb serving per day. I must be taking in more complex carbs than I think I am!

Old 06-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #4  

Nancy, how long have you been in a stall? I noted on the prevention site several said they stalled after going from Phase I to Phase II, but I couldn't find anyone who mentioned how long it lasted. I guess if it doesn't last too long, the only thing to do is tough it out, but it sure is depressing to see the scale just sit there. Caci
Old 06-30-2003, 05:43 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Today was the begining of my 2nd week in Phase 2. Last week I lost 1 pound, but I'm happy with that. If I can maintain a 1 pound/week loss, I'll reach my goal in 2 months.

Last week I added some cherries, one glass of wine and I did have some pasta, which I'm sure was more than 1/2 cup. Other than that, I stuck to Phase 1 foods. This week I added some oatmeal. I just want to take it slow, because I know my TOM is creeping around the corner~I can feel the bloat and sore boobs now.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:00 AM   #6  

Sil, you are really doing great on SBD. How long did you stay on Phase I before going to Phase II? I guess I should be like you and be happy with a pound a week as I know the slower you lose the more likely you are able to keep it off. I really enjoy the low-carb way of eating as I have always done a low-fat before and ended up putting what I had lost back on which I know isn't good for my health.
I see you are in GA. too. I got up early this morning to take a walk and it was pouring rain from Bill, but they say it should end on Thurs. so the weekend should be great--let's hope.
Caci
Old 07-01-2003, 01:56 PM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Caci~~Oh my God, will the rain ever stop?? I had a hair appt this morning at 9 and it just POURED DOWN. Not the best weather for getting your hair done, especially since mine hates humidity.

Where in GA do you live?? I live in Auburn (between Lawrenceville and Winder) and I work in the Buckhead area on weekends.

I made a mistake~ this is my 2nd week in Phase 2. :blush: This my 4th week on SB and instead of going to Phase 2 after the induction period (2 weeks) I stayed mostly P1 and occassionally added a few P2 items last week. (1 glass of wine with dinner out, some cherries one day and I did cheat with a little pasta one night). Other than that I've kept it P1. This week I had oatmeal one morning and some cherries & string cheese for an afternoon snack. I'm just afraid of adding too many carbs and starches right now, especially since I see TOM around the corner (which always means water retention of 2-5# for me).

I keep a record of my weight at www.fitday.com andas long as the graph stays on a downward trend I'm happy with a "lose-maintain-lose-maintain" results. As long as I don't start gaining I am a happy lady

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 07-01-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:44 PM   #8  

Hi Sil, I live in Trion, a little town in northwest GA, close to both the Tenn. and Ala. borders and about 30 miles from Rome, and close to Noble, where they had all the unburied bodies last year.

I have to try fitday. Does it figure the carbs for you?

When we moved to Ga. from CA., I just gave up on having my hair done, unless it is just to have it cut, as it would look great when I walked out of the shop, but by the time I drove home, the humidity had done a job on it and it looked like nothing had been done to it.

It seems like I have been on Phase I forever, but every time I even look at fruit (which is the only thing I seem to miss) I don't lose anything for the whole week, even if I just do it once, but think I will try it again and the peaches in the store really were tempting yesterday.

Do you think we will ever quit having rain. I guess I shouldn't grumble as I know as soon as it quits, it will probably get really hot an humid. Have you always lived in GA?

Have some chicken baking so guess I had better see if I can find some vegs. and a salad to go with it.

Take care and have a great day.
Caci
Old 07-02-2003, 08:01 AM   #9  

Hey Caci!
you know i feel the same way............ the one good thing is the weight hasnt crept back on.....
i am not ready to give up on sbd, i think we just have to find the right carbs for each of us. maybe fruit (SORRY ) isnt a good carb for you right now. maybe later, once your weight loss is more consistent. my hang up carbs are breads. Mmmmmmmmm......
i dont know, i feel like i'm becoming a weight loss expert w/all the reading i've done. i'm sure you must feel the same.
i'm sooo glad you're back on 3fc- plz stay!!
ok, well, i'll be watchin for you here and at home!!!!!!!!
have a GREAT! day, everyone!!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 08:31 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning~~
Caci~~I'm also from CA. I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley (Covina), then moved to the San Diego area ( Oceanside) after high school. I moved to GA in '91. Not only did I not have the hair & humidity problem but I didn't have allergies until moving here.

Fitday.com is free and has the ability to calculate calories, carbs, protein, fats, vitamins and minerals. You first have to enter what you eat during the day, either from a list of choices or by entering customized items from a food lable. There are several drop-downs that can be used for different things such amounts (oz, cup, etc) This does take alittle time at first, but once you enter an item it will stay in the memory and you just pick it from a drop-down list. If you tend to eat alot of the same things on a weekly basis, this becomes very easy to do. You can easily see what youv'e had for the day but you can do reports that will show you percentages and averages over the past week, month, etc.

You can also keep track of your weight and exercise and calories burned. You can even journal. try it out. Spend some time clicking on all the things that it can do. Even if you just track your weight, it's fun to see how you've done over the past week , month and even year.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #11  

Hope everyone had a great 4th.
Hi Sandy, Glad to see you back. I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you--after all you started all this not too long ago. Seems like you ae doing great on SBD.

Sil. How could you ever leave San Diego. My daughter lives there and every time I visit, I keep thinking I would love to live there, except for the price of home-outrageous.
I moved here in '93 right after your big snowstorm--if I had known then what I know now, I think I might have stayed in CA. where I was born. I grew up in Stockton, not too far from S.F. or Sacramento, which is a good size town and has all the low-carb things I can't find here, even in Chattanooga.
Guess I will try SBD a little longer and try tracking my carbs at fitday and just forget about fruit and bread--probably better give up tomatoes too, but they are so good in a salad.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Caci
Old 07-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #12  

Hi. I started SBD on May 14. During Phase 1 I took off 12lbs. Since starting phase 2 I've taken off an additional 8lbs. I've had a couple of cheat times, mainly when I was on vacation. Other than that I've been very strict about not cheating, drinking lots of water and exercising regularly. I drink about 80 ounces of water a day and walk 2 miles 5-6 times a week. I've also been lifting weights and more recently have also been doing aerobics.

Best of luck to everyone!!
Nancy
Old 07-11-2003, 04:32 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

I've tried moving to Phase 2 three times now and each time the extra carbs put me into carbo binge mode. It really doesn't take much to get me craving again. The carbs I tried adding were multi-grain bread, a few berries and oatmeal. So, for now, I'm sticking with Atkins but much lower fat than allowed. I liked the way SBD was changing my shape even when I wasn't losing weight.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:09 PM   #14  

WAY TO GO, Nancy
Hello everyone, I'm back again.............................
just bought the book. kept putting it off, and i read it today. i thought i knew a lot, but learned sooo much more. i had been bragging about slipping but my weight loss stayed the same. well, all good things DO come to an end. over the 4th weekend, i overate badly, and packed on 2.5 lbs that wont budge. so back onto ph 1 for a while. i will start tomorrow, as i had a bun w/my hamburger today. i think after reading the book, and especially the testimonial from a man who had lost 50 lbs, then over ate at a picnic, and didnt get right back on sbd. i dont know, that story kind of said it all. we all can make mistakes, but then get right back on sbd again. so i'm hear to say, i'm kickin in my 100%.
oh, one more thing- i think nancy has had some great results in phase 2. i think the exercise is a huge component. good for you, nancy. you are my inspiration!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 04:19 PM   #15  

Thanks so much for your encouraging post about me! Now if I could just get that scale to keep on moving. Slowly but surely I know it will! Today I got a new exercise video by Gilad...did it a little while ago and it kicked my butt. I know that is a GOOD thing, right???

Take care,
Nancy
Closed Thread