South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default Longtime lurker, brand new to SB Diet.

Hi everyone! I've been reading the forums for a long time, but this is my first time posting. I'm excited! I will be starting the South Beach diet tomorrow, after a 2-month (fairly unsuccessful) try with Atkins. I'd lose maybe 3 lbs, and then stop...and then wind up having to go somewhere where I couldn't stick to induction. Blah. And I just couldn't take it anymore; too much fat and NO fruits...and so few veggies. So here I am! I'm planning on following the meal plans for the first two weeks exactly, just to be really careful. Does it really work? Does anyone have any first-timer tips for me? Anything I should be really careful not to do? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi SCDiva and welcome to our group.

The only piece of advice that I can suggest is to be sure to plan ahead and have allowed snacks ready and available to grab on the go. This will help to prevent you from cheating when you are too tired/busy/lazy to cook or prepare something.

Oh yes, be sure to drink LOTS of water.
Everybody has a different amount of weight loss but it does work, so give it a try
Old 07-16-2003, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Wecome SCDiva!!

Yes, it really works! And Sil has given you the best tips. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2003, 09:53 AM   #4  

Hi SCDiva,

Sil has given you some great tips and all I have to add to that is; don't get discouraged with the changes your internal body will be taking on during "detox". You may feel a number of things happening to you, i.e. tired, headache, stomach discomfort, etc...or you may not!!!! It depends on how bad your diet was prior to this. I adjusted in two days and after that felt wonderful. I'm in my 10th week and for me it's slow...but slow and steady is ok with me! I am in control and for the first time in my adult life, I feel like I have a hand on this. It is a "way of life" I can handle and enjoy.

Of course this is a given...EXERCISE is always a plus

Welcome and Good Luck!!!!!

Meg
Old 07-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #5  

Good point, Meg!
I had a wicked headache for two days. (obviously my body was SCREAMING for sugar!) You just have to "get over it"... it'll pass.
I'm much more energetic than I was! I feel fantastic!!
Old 07-16-2003, 11:14 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Diva. Planning ahead is the key! Right now I am fesh out of low fat cheese for snacks which could be a problem.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:21 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Welcome - I'm new myself. I just started on 7.14, and weighed today to see -3.6! I'm holding my breath to see if it 'sticks'! (I know it will if I do my part). So far only headaches and a mild struggle for food I really like @ breakfast and for snacks - and I'm having trouble letting go of the caffeine. These boards are great for support and commiseration!
Jen
Old 07-16-2003, 01:38 PM   #8  

Welcome, Jen! Congratulations on your loss... keep it up!!
Old 07-16-2003, 07:39 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

SCDiva and DJ Jen- WELCOME!!!!!!!

Diva-Everyone has already given you the good tips that help out. Does it work? I sat on the couch and watched my family eat Doritoes and didn't even WANT any!!! YUP! It works!!! Be really careful when you hit phase 2 also. I have had a problem with wanting more bread than I'm allowed. But as this is a lifelong WOE, you can play with it and find what works for YOU!!!

Jen-CONGRATULATIONS on losing that weight already!!! You are off to a great start!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:49 PM   #10  

Thanks for all of the tips! Day 1 is going great so far. The veggi breakfast quiche is awesome, and I'm really looking forward to my ricotta creme this evening. This doesn't feel like a diet (yet)
Old 07-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #11  

Good luck!!
I'm a newbie too!!
Just got the book, am trying it a bit today and hopefully going full force starting tomorrow..

I'm so looking forward to getting thin!!

Di
Old 07-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #12  

Wink Just bought the book.....

and it's really peaked my interest. I'm looking for something that I'll be able to stick with. I'm gonna give it a shot too. I won't start though until Monday. I want to make sure that I have all of my facts straight and I do it right! I like the flexibility of the diet.

Look forward to "going to the beach" with you all!
Janie
Closed Thread