South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default On Plan Thread Dec 30 - Jan 5

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

How's it going for you?

Of course feel free to share your daily on plan menu
Old 12-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #2  

Ok, so in all honesty, last week... it was not my finest SBD effort. This week isn't shaping up to be much better.... still 2 new years dinners to go.

I am going to be starting back in phase 1 as of January 2nd, and staying there for at least a week, if not the full 2.

Today, luckily, there is no; dinners, parties, or gatherings to deter me... just a house full of left over treats.

Here is todays plan
Phase 2

Greek yogurt w/ banana slices & blueberries
V8

Peanuts

Garden Salad

Cheese string

Omlette w/ 2 eggs, onion, green and orange peppers
Brocolli
WW pasta salad (tiny amount)
Glass of skim milk

Veggies w/ ranch

Last edited by RiverGirl; 12-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I hear ya Lindsay, I hear ya. Almost phase 1ish, if you don't include things like pork loin not sbd compliant. Pretty close....

B: ham and cheese omelette
S: veggies and hummus
L: ham, bean, and cabbage soup
D: herbed pork loin, cauliflower au gratin, boiled cabbage
Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/138/130

Can I join the conversation? I've been maintaining a la phase 3 (more or less) for the last 10 years, but decided to do Phase 1 for a week, after the holidays, beginning today.
We went shopping today and I bought some trout and some shrimp, some cheese, and plenty of vegetables.
I'm using the supercharged foods to enjoy list...
B: PB and yogurt with chia seeds
S: roasted chickpeas
L: some turkey and some babble cheese with a bell pepper on the side
S: cheese or veg
D: hubs is making a squash soup (SB friendly)

Look at that, my S/C/G is even what it was when I joined the site in June of 2013. ha. I guess that's good.

Last edited by SabineStroehm; 01-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #5  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I started to post so many times last week and never managed to follow through on my great plans.... although I wasn't too bad in the end. I made my new year's resolutions start before the new year this time! I'm up to Week 5 in Couch to 5K...

I have been doing a lot of thinking about blood sugar - a self-test shows me to be barely into "prediabetic" with a slightly elevated fasting glucose level and too much of a spike after a glucose challenge (can't get it tested for real until we sort out our health insurance). So I've started taking some supplements and rededicating myself to not having refined carbs (especially not alone, without protein to balance) just in case I really do have a problem. I DEFINITELY have a problem with never being able to lose the ~20 lbs I put on in the last few years and with most of my "new" fat being in the belly

Phase 2
B - coffee with unsweetened almond milk. Green smoothie - SO good! (Silken tofu/spinach/quarter-cup wild blueberries/flax oil/cinnamon/cacao nibs/lil bit sf chocolate Torani syrup ... would definitely leave out the cacao nibs next time, unless I get a better blender - lots of crunchy bits in this smoothie)

L - Black bean & black-eyed pea soup. Big green salad with lemon juice/flax oil/Dijon mustard dressing with nori. 2 boiled eggs. Green tea.

Ss - Lowfat cottage cheese with 1/2 an insanely delicious grapefruit. Handful of almonds. 70% chocolate square.

D - Shrimp Thai curry (with broccoli, red sweet peppers, carrot and onion) with Forbidden Rice (LOOOOVE this and just read about how healthy it is, yay!)

Fitday says: 1366 calories, 34 g fiber (35% carbs/35% fat/30% protein)

Exercise: just some informal yoga stretches
Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #6  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Sabine - I forgot about roasted chickpeas. I love those! I'm going to start a batch soaking for later in the week.

[Also - your goal weight is my dream! 129 lbs was perfect for my frame (which used to be more like 118-120 when I was younger...). I'm up around 150 lbs now and have been struggling with 15 lbs up and down ever since I joined here - FIVE YEARS AGO. Yowza.]
Old 01-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #7  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Started phase 1 again three days ago. I've been getting up a bit earlier before work and making an omelette. I take cheese sticks, pistachios (salt and pepper ones are so good) and veggies to snack on. The past couple days I've had salads for lunch.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Sabine - I forgot about roasted chickpeas. I love those! I'm going to start a batch soaking for later in the week.

[Also - your goal weight is my dream! 129 lbs was perfect for my frame (which used to be more like 118-120 when I was younger...). I'm up around 150 lbs now and have been struggling with 15 lbs up and down ever since I joined here - FIVE YEARS AGO. Yowza.]
In the end, I did have roast chick peas. YUM.
My goal weight seems like my dream too ha. I originally started at 156. Got to 128. Then settled at 130-132 for about a decade. The last while it's been meno-creeping up. But I'm going to give it my best shot to get it back down there!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I always feel guilty that I have such a small amount of weight to lose compared to some, but it is SO. HARD. (and even worse the second time around!) I am doing the creep as well, but I need to get better. Phase I for a bit to get those cravings under control.

B: protein cheesecake
S: veggies and hummus
L: ham, cabbage and bean soup
S: cheese, if needed
D: hoppin john on collards

Probably only core exercises or similar, since I work 9-7 today and I'm too stinkin' exhausted.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Ps2

B 2 eggs, coffee
L cottage cheese with orange
S turkey rolls
S beef stir fry with veggies and a salad
S apple with peanut butter

Back to trying for 8 glasses of water
Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #11  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Phase 2 - VERY similar to yesterday since I had leftovers of everything . It was an excellent day, by the way. I was not hungry at all, in fact I never ate the grapefruit/cottage cheese and I ate less than half of the 2-serving Thai curry I made (it was HUGE - mostly veggies, 1/2 serving of rice). Getting through my lunch salad was WORK, so much greenery and it only had 1 teaspoon oil (+lemon juice & Dijon mustard) for dressing. VERY filling.

B - coffee with unsweetened almond milk. Green smoothie (Silken tofu/spinach/quarter-cup wild blueberries/flax oil/cinnamon/cacao nibs/lil bit sf chocolate Torani syrup)

L - Black bean soup. Big green salad with lemon juice/flax oil/Dijon mustard dressing with nori. 2 boiled eggs. Green tea.

Ss - Lowfat cottage cheese with 1/2 a grapefruit. Handful of almonds. 70% chocolate square.

D - Shrimp Thai curry (with broccoli, red sweet peppers, carrot and onion) with Forbidden Rice

Exercise: Week 5, Day 2 of Couch to 5K AND yoga later
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone.

Just back from vacation and starting back on phase 1 for 2 weeks.

Breakfast: 2 turkey pepperoni sticks
Snack: 1/2 serving nuts
Lunch: 1/2C chili & big salad
Snack: plain yogurt
Dinner: chicken stir fry w/ cauliflower rice
Water, water & more water!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
I always feel guilty that I have such a small amount of weight to lose compared to some, but it is SO. HARD. (and even worse the second time around!
In my opinion Tammy, whether you have 5 lbs to loose or 100 lbs to loose, we are all in the same boat, so we all can support each other and help make the journey that little bit easier.

Phase 1

Scrambled egg & egg white
V8

Greek salad
Greek yogurt

Meatballs (homemade) w/ nsa marinara
Brocolli
Green beans
Glass of skim milk

Cucumber slices w/ cream cheese

Last edited by RiverGirl; 01-02-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #14  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

The good news is this thread forces me to plan out my day ... .

Phase 1.5 (no grains; carrots & dark chocolate kick it out of Phase 1)

B - Coffee with us almond milk. Tofu scramble with chopped broccoli and extra garlic/turmeric

L - Giant green salad with hard boiled egg ... flax oil/lemon juice dressing. Green tea with lemon.

Ss - 1) celery, carrots, and pepper slices with Spinach Pesto Greek Yogurt Dip; 2) handful of almonds + 1 Brazil nut ; 3) square of 72% dark chocolate

D - Tuna noodle casserole made with cauliflower alfredo sauce (a combination of this recipe and this recipe) with edamame and shirataki noodles.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Phs 2

B. Oatmeal, ground flax, almond milk
L. Nine bean soup and veggies to clean out fridge
S. Meat sauce over spagetti squash
S glass of wine and pepperoni stick

Drinking water works. I had a 3lb swosh
Closed Thread