SBD What's for Dinner?

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Last night I grilled chicken and made a raw baby kale salad. It tasted like spring
  • I already thawed the chicken so I made Greek Marinate Chicken and roasted cabbage. I am really excited about this marinade technique. Can't wait to experiment with other seasonings and grilling
  • Spinach Nutmeg Pie, used haddock instead of salmon because it was thawed, 1 lb of fish, swiss cheese, and low fat cream cheese. I'm not a fan of the nutmeg but we loved the basic idea. Next time I'll replace 1/2 bag of spinach with peas, use a white fish or even tuna, and cheddar cheese (no nutmeg) because I always had a soft spot for tuna noodle casserole It would make a great vegetarian dish too. The fish just adds some extra low fat protein but doesn't contribute a lot to the flavor.
  • Today I had baked chicken breast and steam broccoli with cheese.

Cyndi, I got it check the recipe for the Greek Marinate Chicken.
  • It's cauliflower crust pizza experiment #4. If it's good I'll share
  • I made this for dinner tonight....

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/02...with-lime.html

Highly recommended!! My kids tried it (their dinner was ravioli), and voted to have it in their lunch boxes .
  • Tonight was breakfast for dinner, Eggs over easy w/ turkey bacon.
  • Sunday night I made grain free noodles and lasagna. It was a bit of work but really good. I've made the crepes sweeter with cinnamon and vanilla and filled with nut butter and bananas. Next I'm going to use them as tortillas.

Last night Tim was craving grilled cheese so I found some whole grain gluten free rye bread and made grilled cheese and tapenade sandwiches and Kalyn's asparagus with lemon Dijon vinaigrette.
  • The supermarket had a terrific deal on red peppers on the clearance rack that I just couldn't pass up, so I used them up in a yummy stirfry with fake "chicken" strips, shirataki, onions & lots of garlic.

I'm looking forward to the leftovers for tonight's supper.
  • I tried this Indian Spiced Chicken recipe tonight. It was a hit though I will use less of the hot pepper next time. I liked it but it was a bit much for Tim. it's fine on rice with a little yogurt on top. I want to add veggies next time too, make it a one dish meal
  • I had fish italiano ( http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fish-Fi...r_results_p1i2), with tuscan style white beans and kale http://vegweb.com/recipes/tuscan-sty...beans-and-kale. I really enjoyed it!
  • Tonight I made soup with wild mushroom powder and dehydrated, dried squash and broccoli bites. I wanted to make them healthier so I used 1/2 almond meal and 1/2 flax. They were yummy.
  • Tonights dinner, I had meatballs with this salad on the side... though I think next time I will throw some chicken in the salad as well and have it as the main dish... so good and it reminds me of summer.

Salad w/romaine, red onion, cucumber, tangerine slices, rf white cheddar, italian dressing & a scant few crushed peanuts
  • HAMBURGERS on the grill!! Me - sans bun....it's spring!!
  • Last night we had a frittata with asparagus and chicken sausage. Tonight I dry fried some tofu and served it with a generous helping of homemade avocado mango black bean salsa (the tofu was just the excuse to eat the salsa!)