South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default What's for dinner tonight?

Hope I don't annoy people by posting this poll on occasion. I check the recipes but I get inspired when I hear what others are cooking. I have NO idea why, but when I hear someone is trying a recipe out, I am more likely to try something new myself.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am cooking salmon tonight -- drizzled with olive oil and herbs de provance with spinach and cauliflower mashed potatoes!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:05 PM   #3  

I'm making a pork chop recipe from the cookbook and will fix it with green beans and brocolli. I don't remember what goes in the marinade but we all like it.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:45 PM   #4  

Guess I should answer my own question...been debating...finally settling on...

My Spicey Dicey Pork Chop recipe I posted to the P2 forum. It is so easy and very yummy. Works well when I am craving pasta sauce.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #5  

I'm glad you asked. I'm the same way. I always ask people at work what they're having for lunch or dinner, I find it interesting to see what other people eat. of course, now that I'm on SBD, what those people eat won't help me anymore! I'm not sure on what's for dinner tonight. I suppose either chicken or fish. I do have some LF beef that I'd like to do something with. And of course, dinner is always topped with a peanut butter cup! I live for those things!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #6  
KP611

Red face

Im having the spinach stuffed salmon from the book with mashed cauliflower and asparagus.
I make the mashed cauliflower with ff sour cream, smart beat spread and garlic tastes really good! I definately miss my mashed potatoes though!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:13 PM   #7  

Well this is going to be a bit of a problem for me because it is my dd 9th birthday today and she is having some girlfriends over for a sleepover party. We are having nachos for dinner! With guacamole, sour cream and salsa! And icecream! And birthday cake! And there is lots of fizzy drink, chips, popcorn, candy and chocolate biscuts in the cupboard!

I have bought lean mince, low fat sour cream and diet coke for myself and there is sorbet in the freezer in case I cave but at this stage I am having nachos without the corn chips for dinner. Wish me luck!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:13 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017
and cauliflower mashed potatoes!
I might be stupid, but I searched the forum for "cauliflower" and found several things with that word in there, but never did find the recipe for the cauliflower mashed taters. Anyone have the link or the recipe right quick? I'd love to try them! Thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #9  

Weezle - I don't have it with me here at work or I would type it in for you...but the "mashed potatoes" are from the SBD book.

Its an acquired taste in my mind, I am not a fan but lots of other women here seem to like them.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Maybe somebody can post the recipe, Weezle. I think it's cook cauliflower mushed up with cream cheese or soemthing. Sorry.

I bought the SBD cookbook today and am dying to try some recipes.

I am out for dinner tonight (methinks it's lasagna! ) but Harry is having Mandarin glazed salmon filet, green beans from the garden, tomatoes with pesto and rosemary potato bread!

Wish me luck resisting the lasagna - maybe she'll have lots of salad?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:08 PM   #11  

I made a baked ham and green beans. Not sure if ham is the healthiest thing I could be eating, but it tastes soooo good.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:25 PM   #12  
Faith in me

We had what we thought was pork chops...but it ended up being steak lol.......and green beans....a salad......and my dad and brother had that with a baked potato and corn and lima beans....it was pretty good
Old 07-29-2004, 08:07 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle
I might be stupid, but I searched the forum for "cauliflower" and found several things with that word in there, but never did find the recipe for the cauliflower mashed taters. Anyone have the link or the recipe right quick? I'd love to try them! Thanks
I made them once and I cooked up cauli then put it in the blender with some low fat butter and skim milk then purreed it. I didn't write down the recipe but I don't remember altering it from the board. You are meant to mash them put I didn't think that would get the lumps out.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

That's so bizarre, Lisa. I can't find the recipe... I'm sure it's on here somewhere...
It's pretty yummy. (if you can get the word "potato" out of your head while you're eating it)
Old 07-29-2004, 10:31 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Crazy, huh? I've heard of people making it with FF half and half, FF milk, etc. I just don't know what to do! It sounds so good! Mmmmmmmm.
Closed Thread