South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday Chat - December 10

Good morning and thanks for the coffee, Keurig. That's such a good way to start the day. Yesterday was terrible in all ways possible and this mug of hazelnut flavoured coffee will give a better start to my Tuesday. (Bad drive to town, could not find stuff for my party, a friend in tears at my kitchen table, a major financial Mill problem, Disney with the runs and barfies, broke a glass shade on a hanging lamp... crap like that!!)

We did get a dump of wet snow yesterday but today is supposed to be just sunny and cold. I just may stay indoors all day and catch up on the backlog. I am caught up on laundry and have the bulk of my wrapping done and have mailed off my DD's gifts, so now's the time to start to deck the halls. First up will be my Bling Tree which I love to have lit these dark mornings. Book club is here on Thursday and I hope to be at least partially Christmas-ed up! I may get time to play with my new Kitchen Aid mixer - maybe cookie doughs to freeze and bake later?

Raising my mug in a toast to Tuesday! Come and join me.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Good Morning!!

Ruth - Wow! It sounds like you had quite a day yesterday!! Heres to hoping your Tuesday shapes up in a better and more positive way!! And I haven't even begun to prepare for the holidays yet - you make me feel lazy...lol

Today is a quiet one here - work is slowing down as Christmas approaches and we are entering two weeks of parties and festivities....I am still pretty new to SB so I am not sure how to approach the food options this season...but I will just take it one day at a time! Thank goodness for this site and the support of everyone here!!

I was also hoping for some snow overnight but instead the temperatures dropped and everything turned to ice....yuck!! It took me 10 minutes to scrape my car windows this morning!!

Well I'm off to start the day! Happy Tuesday!!

Samm
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Samm. We got freezing rain up here too but I put my car into the barn overnight. Good thing as my ice scraping thingie is still in the Focus that's at the car spa!

Yes, food is a real problem these days at "events". We need to strengthen our resistance muscles. I've already indulged in "slippage" Those darned Ferrero Rocher chocolates should be taken off the market!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'd love to finish our holiday shopping today. I know there is some time left but I feel it hanging over my head. I'd like to check that one thing off the list and move on to the many other niggles. So, errands today and then maybe wrapping. Crockpot soup for a warm meal. And time spent reading Ender's Game.

Have a great one.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning My new stove arrived yesterday in spite of the weather. It was a bit slippery out there but our road and driveway are an extra added layer of slip. Now I just need to burn off that new oven smell and start playing. I used the top last night with the cast iron grill I bought for the fifth burner. It was wonderful.

I'm having some challenges getting through the foods too. I'm doing some Co-op cooking this month. It's usually not a problem but this month's banana chocolate truffles haven't set-up properly which has meant lots of fussing to get them right. Unfortunately much too much testing too. I just need to finish them off tonight and get them out of here!

Now it's on with the work day. 7 more work days until our winter break. I can't wait!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Ferrero Rocher chocolates are my absolute favorite.....but very very evil!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good brrrr morning,

Anticipated additional snow did not come so I drove in the freezing cold to work. I am supposed to go to a User meeting this afternoon but not sure I want to go by myself to a group of people I have never meet before. I think I will try and talk someone into going with me or else I might just blow it off.

I have managed to keep my food op- finished the cleanse with my daughter no weightloss at all ( I am pretty sure that is because with this food plan already eating healthy).

Ruth oh dear I hope today goes much better for you.

Samm you need to plan for those parties maybe eat something op before going.

Cyndi yeah for getting your new stove

Karen I saw the movie not sure if you did but if you did you will have to let me know if the book is better.

Yesterday was craziness at work today is much better so I should hopefully get a lot accomplished. Tonight I need to find my Christmas cards to get started on them as I will need to send them out. I know I had a ton left over from last year so hate to buy more until I need to.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning going to be a cold outside day at the range. It is 11, but the winds will make it worse. Thankfully I brought my really warm winter coat. If I could just eliminate night time snacking I would be ok. Just threw out a half eaten bag of pita chips. I am a little bored, yet TOM making a second appearance this month is leaving me exhausted. After class I do need to run to Walmart as my suitcase now has a gaping hole in it. I will hopefully call Delta to put in a claim later today for reimbursement. Otherwise just drinking my water like a good girl and it beer with the fellas

Have a great day girls
Old 12-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks! Hope everyone managed to stay warm today. Our wind chill is hovering around 10* today. And yes, Ruth, that is a SCARF.

Another day of work, another day closer to Christmas vacation! I'm joining MovingOn in the countdown.

The scale and I may actually soon be back on speaking terms; funny how a few days of OP eating can take care of the cravings and bloat from bad choices. That's the good thing about SB.

Have a good evening, all.

Last edited by Beth19; 12-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

I never got here this morning...I think my today was like Ruth's yesterday.

I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow. The temps have come up but the winds are still here...brrr!

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Well I made it to the daily thread with a few minutes to spare! No snow day today, but we did have an early dismissal which allowed me a couple extra hours to do prep for this bridal shower. It sounds like you all live in cold places too, so I hope that you get through this weather OK!

Anyone else struggling with all the goodies people bring into work this time of year? (Like Ferrero Rocher chocolates, Ruth!) Every time I turn around someone is offering me something that is so far off plan, it's in another food galaxy! And when I decline, people try to cajole me into it! I am trying to look on the bright side: I have nice colleagues who like to share!

Eight school days until Christmas vacation!
Closed Thread