South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fantastic Friday on the Beach 9/27

Good morning y'all! Friday is here, is everyone excited? (you can tell this is my weekend off)

I woke up early today, so I figured I'd get my fun stuff done first (that's visiting you and starting coffee) so I can move on to busy stuff. I have work this AM, then we're off to go camping this afternoon.

Oddly enough - I haven't been as hungry lately. Huh.

Anyone have plans? Relaxing time?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday to you, Tammy! And thanks for getting the coffee started. Mine is Gevalia Columbian this morning.
Have a great camping trip, it's certainly a great weekend for it. This weather has been absolutely glorious, hasn't it?

I've been so busy this past week that I haven't even thought about what I'm doing this weekend. I do know I have to do some grocery shopping this morning and do a couple loads of wash, and this afternoon Jake and I both have eye doctor appointments. I lead such an exciting life!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Tammy! Sounds like a nice day ahead!
I have today off too. DH had a procedure done on his knee yesterday so I am home today to take care of him.
Linda, it's good to hear that your life is about as glamorous as mine!

Looks to be another sunny day here. I will attend to a few niggles, plus I have a doctor appt this afternoon.

I'm one of those beachers obsessed with the scale; weigh myself everyday. I am used to the daily fluctuations and know that over the course of a month I move up and down within about a 3 pound range. I am quite happy that in the last few weeks my range seems to be shifting down a tad. I don't know if I will make my September goal, but it feels good to see a little downward movement. One might think that summer produce would encourage OP eating but I find instead there is a lot of treats and eating out. Getting back into a routine is really helpful.

Enough of that! Time for more coffee. Have a good one ladies!

Last edited by Beth19; 09-27-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Linda, the weather has been absolutely perfect, and I am so giddy about going camping! Too bad we didn't pick a spot closer to you, otherwise you and Jake could come out for a visit!

Beth, good morning! HOpe your husband is recovering well. Great job on the scale! (I'm obsessive too!)

And I'm not sure anyone middle aged and older, especially without kids, has very exciting times!

Oh - and Linda - unfortunately our carafe arrived, and I'm back to WalMart generic in the pot (better than it sounds). But, Giant had lots of sales on keurig cups, so I picked up a couple of new ones. I had a cup of Caramel Vanilla Cream on ice, and it was a-maz-ing!!

(and y'all would be proud of me - I'm making texas caviar right now for the trip - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/classic...ar/detail.aspx - sans jalapenos - yum!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-27-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #5  

Tammy, I first had Texas Caviar this summer when my SIL brought it to a gathering, and have made it several times since then. My recipe is a little different from yours, though, but yours sounds good, too. I was going to go to Wegman's for groceries, but now I think I'll go to Giant instead so I can check out those K-cups!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Will you all just pipe down about the coffee! I am going for fasting bloodwork this morning and missing mine. Got heck from the doc yesterday about not having the bloodwork done for so long.

Having somewhat difficult nights as lying down hurts the ribs. Sure need that coffee to jump-start the mornings. Not much happening here - just watching cruddy TV and counting the hours until the next pills. Am hoping to feel well enough to go out for dinner tonight but we'll play it by ear.

TGIF and enjoy the weekend.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #7  

Sorry, Ruth. I hope you're feeling well enough to go out tonight and that you'll have a comfortable, healing, weekend.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning I'm heading home after lunch, can't wait!
Now to go find some coffee. Hope you are doing the same soon Ruth
Old 09-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning (It still is )

Tywnn enjoy your camping trip

Cottage I am doing wfh today and also tackling the mountain of laundry that I haven't touched since last Sunday so it's high again.

Beth enjoy your day off as well

Ruth I hope you feel better enjoy to go out this evening

Cyndi enjoy your afternoon.

Trying to get paperwork accomplished today since it is quiet here at home. Disney on Ice was great as usual and the girls enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful day
Old 09-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, yes it is a fantastic day!! In forty-five minutes we leave for our 2.5 hr bus ride to the airport. We land at 8:45 pm so another long day. Did I mention we had class already. Really looking forward to being off when I get home. My poor legs have been so achy and swollen this week. I thank my mom's side for my wonderful vein issues I have the first of four procedures to repair leaky valves in my legs scheduled for Halloween. I cannot wait!!! My mom said she has had no swelling since having her legs done. May I be so lucky

ok time to finish up before my flight. I'll be joining you for coffee tomorrow. Tammy have fun camping!
Closed Thread