South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wake up Wednesday Beach Chat 8/14

Good morning I certainly could use a refill already. Another fun filled day of work on the horizon. At least I am getting a descent amount of walking in. Cannot wait until Friday. It's my only day off.

My northeast friends, do you remember where you were 10 years ago? Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the black out. I know where I was. Stuck on a train in the Bronx trying to get home from the police academy. Good times lol.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel! I don't remember the blackout - but I had a 4 month old child at this time and didn't live in the northeast!

I am up and the dog is anxiously awaiting me at my feet! We're off for a run. Speaking of blackouts - it is still dark out!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChick Jennifer! Yes, I do remember the blackout. I was on my way home from Vancouver and we were advised that Ottawa was blacked out so would be landing in Toronto. A minute later that was changed to Montreal. When we finally deplaned in Montreal, we were bundled into buses which drove us to Ottawa airport. I picked up my car there which was nearly out of gas! I convinced a young service station guy to sell me $15 worth and was able to drive home. No electricity=no gas except for emergency vehicles. Got home at 4 a.m. Long trip!

Yesterday was a bit more balanced than Monday! I did do some more accounting crud in the a.m. but my cousin Cathie was here for the afternoon with her daughter Tiffany. Jazz fell madly in love with Tiffany and would have gone home with her in a minute. Had a good family visit and am looking forward to seeing them again when my DD comes in mid-September.

Today should be a normal day. I may get those peaches frozen in one smoothie packages and dry some of my cherry tomatoes for winter snacking. I also have a tree loaded with crabapples - crabapple jelly anyone? Hmm - guess I have enough to do to keep me off the street and out of the poolhall!

On we go with a Welcome Wednesday!

Hi Twynn. I don't think PA was blacked out but know Michigan was. I'm not sure why it happened but there was a lot of cross-border finger pointing! Yes it is darker in the mornings. We are just at first light right now.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm back!

Drying cherry tomatoes? Intriguing. Do you just use them for winter snacking, or throw them in anything? One plant produces SO MUCH, that would be an idea instead of giving them all away. Jazz with Tiffany sounds so cute!

My run was okay, hopefully I won't regret going so far later on! It was only 50 degrees when I started (this is perfect weather to me) but I warmed up quickly. Now I'm chilled though and am wrapped in a blankie .

Today is off to work, then Ag Progress days (warning: carnival food!!). We need to open our camper tonight to prepare for this weekend!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm going to the podiatrist early this morning to try one more injection in my foot. Then I work for the first time in two weeks, since my last injection. Less than ideal timing since the goal was to be off my foot for a few days after the injection but it is a very short shift and I really needed to get back to it. I found out last night that one of my co-workers just gave her notice so I suspect I'll be back to working my more normal shifts soon.

Dog sitting is going well. (Did I mention that DS is on a canoe trip for the rest of his time home?) Poor guy heard me get up but I am ignoring him and trying to be quiet so he can stay as close to "frat boy pacific time" as possible. He's pretty cute so we are enjoying having him but will be happy to not have to worry about accidents and chewing.

Have a great day.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning.
Not to sound like a broken record but it's raining again!! I am hoping the forecast is correct; supposedly after today it will be clear for the next week.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Maybe some yardwork? Next week begins 2 busy weeks of getting both sons off to school for the fall and of course I need to get my classroom organized. I am trying to savor the last few free days.

Time for more coffee. Have a great day, all!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my short week and I'm taking today of instead of tomorrow so we can go back to the coast and go out on a whale watch!. Tomorrow I will plan my day to be where Cottage is at some point I love flexible scheduling.

Ruth - I'm curious about the cherries too. I'm taking next week off to do some drying, canning & freezing (also because taking the week off was the only way to avoid a 2 day training in Philly )

Time to get everything together for our day. Happy Hump Day!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

I just lost a long post hi everyone trying to figure out how my tablet works nice to see everyone weight is good at 159.4 will be back
Take care
Sophie
Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, re: Cherry Tomatoes - I just cut them in half and dry them. They are fast and shrivel a lot - almost like raisins. By thew ay, I did dry grapes once and they turned into raisins. Then I put in a tray of cherry tomatoes and they turned back into grapes. Duh!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Morning all.
Just finished my first week back on the beach. I am feeling pretty good right now because even though I didn't lose much I feel like I'm in control again which has been a real issue these last few months.

Here's to a great day!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
Internet has been sketchy....day off and not doing much which is unusual for me. Think I will head to library for a new book
See y'all maņana
Old 08-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Just popping in to say hello.

Funny, I was getting ready for work and my mom commented, to my neighbor, "look at her, she's getting skinny!" (which I am far from, for the record, LOL). I said "uhnt uh, I'm bloated with water weight!" My neighbor looks at me, shocked, and goes "you still have THOSE!?" I'm only 37!!! LOL I'll let her slide on making me feel old since it's her birthday tomorrow.

Applied for another job in Massachusetts...this one for a 911 center. We'll see what happens. I may have fudged the truth a tiny bit and said that I was already relocated to Mass instead of in the process. Shhhhhh, don't tell!

Have a good night, ladies!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Natasha I think that was very wise of you. It is not a "fib." You do have a residence in MA with your friend. Maybe switch your cell phone or credit card bill to the address. You can pay these on line, but look more "legit" getting mail in MA. Oh how I hope you get the job!!!!

Was a bad officer today lol. Many days the vendors in Grand Central sponsor free giveaways. Just couldn't resist the miniature Blue Bunny ice cream cones. Sampled both yummy flavors. The best part was telling one of the rookies to go and enjoy while I covered her post. She was ecstatic and enjoyed two also lol. I walked over 4 1/2 miles at work today. I may actually hit my goal of 10,000 steps.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #14  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Hi!

Hello, how is everyone today?

Today was a big move for me, I was up early and the movers got here bright and early! I am tired! I got my hair done tonight- cut and color, it felt good to get my hair done. My hair is now a darkish brown, it was a light brown before but I had a 'halo' from highlights that were growing out so I needed to do something. It is a bit of a change but I think I will slowly like it more and it feels healthier. On another note, there are boxes everywhere and I won't have TV until Friday when Comcast comes, sigh. This move is a big project, a bit overwhelming!

I got my book, The SBD Wake-Up Call today and that should be a good read!

Take care everyone

Amy
Closed Thread