South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Snowpocalypse Friday South Beach Chat 2/8

Good morning Chicks! Darned it, it hasn't started snowing here yet. It was supposed to start at 7 am, and they changed it. We're in this weird bubble (in more ways then one) that there's bad weather in both directions, but not here. I do hope our chicks in the main path stay safe today. Twenty-four inches is way too much!!

Today, I work 9-2, then have friends driving up this evening. Seems like they still are, so I guess I need to get crackin' on cleaning and food errands, eh?! It's a high school classmate and his family. I'm hoping we get enough snow to bring the little ones sledding on the awesome little hill behind our house .

Oh - and a meeting at school before the day starts, I keep forgetting about that...

<---- courtesy of my DD, who is sitting next to me
Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Twynn Looks like not too bad here, maybe 10-14 inches. Poor DD is in Boston where they are getting slammed. She works at a hospital so will have to be out in it. I'm home today and probably getting out of tomorrow's work day (darn, and I was so looking forward to working on a saturday). Before the snow really hits I'm driving the SO to urgent care for a knee x-ray. Apparently there was over-training a couple of weeks ago. Hope it just needs rest.

Right now I'm going to pour more coffee and plan something for the crockpot. Looks like we will get the worst tonight so I will make sure there's plenty of food ready to eat (also coffee, wine, and chocolate )

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-08-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll be watching the weather forecast for all you Eastern chicks and my family out that way. I'm not having my usual workout today; our trainer is quarantined with influenza B. I'll get some cardio in this morning then run errands including Costco, then work the closing shift tonight.

Catch you later.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good cold, dreary morning. No snow just a mist of something, but it's coming big time lol. We are supposed to get over a foot Poor Coconut gets lost in 6" so I will keep a close eye on him

Cyndi I hope SO's knee is Ok. Thank you for turning me onto Kalya and Elane(?) web sites. I finally made the almond joy bars. I think I am in love, so incredibly delicious!! Great dessert to bring somewhere.

Staying home cooking today for the upcoming week. More of the same tomorrow. At least the house is clean took care of that yesterday. Also squeezed in a nap yesterday oh how I miss them

must be doing something right. I lost three pounds this week! Quite happy and really surprised. During my work week I do carry water weight, I see it in my legs. I don't care if it is water or fat it is a big loss for one week.

Have a great day and stay safe
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Was in earlier but the power went off before I posted. It's back on now but I'm prepared with flushing water in the tub, bottled drinking water, candles and a couple of super flashlights. Yes, it's a "Snowpocalypse" here too. Thanks for the smile, TwynnB.

Nothing planned for today except hunkering down and waiting for "it" to be over. We are supposed to get 2" per hour according to the weather dude. Driving beside the St. Lawrence will be really treacherous with the wind and snow. I'm glad I did my trip to town earlier this week.

Hunker down, chickies who are in this white mess. I'll pop in later.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi snowy beachers!
It's slippery here in NYC....and the snow feels like little hale pellets. I just finished my shopping and had to laugh as I looked around me -- people were stocking up as though they expected to be apartment-bound for a month.

I'm excited to start cooking. I'm taking a page from CyndiM's book (thankfully not the knee injury page!) and while not quite crock-potting, making a big batch of lentil soup and a big batch of turkey chilli with tons of kidney and cannelloni beans. I think I just have to be careful about portion control with those two items. (I can no longer make baked chick peas....I can never stop at 1/2 a cup!)

Stay warm and SAFE everyone!
:-)
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're getting an icy rain right now, but are in the 5" - 7" snow zone for tonight. I'm thrilled it's coming on a weekend so I can relax and enjoy it.

My brothers and I had to be at Dad's early this morning to meet with the funeral home director to have everything in place for when the time comes. It was a difficult thing to do, but the funeral director is my cousin and he has a terrific sense of humor, and made things as light-hearted as possible, and we even had a few good laughs reminiscing over the years.

Tammy, have a good time with your friends and I hope you get plenty of snow for some good sledding!

Jennifer, congratulations on the weight loss! A pound is a pound, regardless of whether it's water or fat!

Cyndi, you crack me up with your "only" 10" - 14". I guess that's nothing to you New Englanders. There will be plenty of wine, chocolate, and good food here, too, and I hope the SO's knee is OK!

Karen, have a great day!

Ruth, it sounds like your part of the storm is going to be a full-blown blizzard! Smart to fill up the tub and have your flashlights and candles ready. Be careful and stay inside!

EliseVi, isn't it amusing how everyone flocks to the store when snow is predicted! But I have to admit that I made a quick run to Walmart to make sure I had enough coffee and baking ingredients on hand.

The last time it snowed, the grandkids and I baked, so they were quick to ask me what we were going to make tomorrow. I have such warm memories of always baking with my mother during snowstorms, and want to carry on the tradition. Other than that, though, I plan to weather out the storm with a good book, all snug and curled up on my sofa.

Take care, Chickies, and enjoy the snow!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Couldnt get in earlier....just finished lunch and flipped to the weather channel to see how you all are faring. Take care everyone!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I grew up in in lake effect snow land so anything I know is coming is manageable it's starting slow here so I'm making this instead. I will fire up the crockpot tomorrow assuming we have power.

Looks like someone overtrained and needs to be off his feet for the next week. Probably a small ligament tear that should heal on its own with good behavior.

Back to work for me
Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

CyndiM I was looking at that recipe too. Let us know how it is. If it is worth the work, I'll give it a try
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

no snow here, sadly. Got out to PT and my therapist gave me a good, full body workout! I am so sore though.

Re-purposed leftovers tonight and a new dessert - Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries. (just posted to recipe section).

Off to relax for a few! Stay warm and safe everyone!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Jenne, that's a clever idea with the strawberries ! Thx for posting the recipe and picture
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thankful it will be mostly sunny and 45 here tomorrow.

Hope you're all safe and with power!!!! And warm!!!
Closed Thread