South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #1  

Default How Long to Stay on SB?

I am now starting week 2 of phase one, and have to admit, I did cheat and ate 1/2 of a large baked potato with 1 tbsp real butter...along with a hamburger steak with sauted mushrooms and onion (no butter or oil)...I have 50 pounds to lose for my first goal. Can I stay on SB longer than two weeks, or should I move to Phase II after the second week? I am good with watching my calorie intake, which is around 1850 (I weigh 335 now) and I think I can do well on Phase I for a while longer...or until I reach my first goal?? Will it be harmful if I allow a cheat meal once a week if I am very careful??

Your thoughts?
DAYNSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I think that a clean Phase I is the best way to get your cravings in check and make sure you're successful on this diet. When I get off track, I always go back to Phase I to get myself back in line. If you're not having any cravings, I would move on to Phase II, but I'd be wary of having a cheat meal, especially as frequently as once a week. There just seems to be no clear cut dedication that way, so I personally wouldn't recommend it.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I agree with Natasha. Cheating of any kind always has consequences. lol If you indulge, make it in a special occasion. P2 is sustainable indefinitely. You won't drop the pounds as quickly, but you have more options as good carbs are reintroduced slowly.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

In my experience, frequent cheats = falling off the wagon completely and only hopping back on after a 15-20 lb gain. If you're going to cheat, I find its best to plan them well in advance. It gives you time to look forward to them, and will help keep you from going overboard. I'm allowing myself 1 alcoholic drink on Super Bowl Sunday, for example. Planning your cheats a month in advance keeps you in control... It's the impulse splurges (let's go get carry-out tonight) that get you in trouble and can send you out of control.

I agree, a good solid 2 week Ph1 is important after any cheat. Purge the body of toxins and cravings, and you'll be far more successful. Good luck to you!!!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone for your advice! Back to Phase one - no cheats for two more weeks....didn't realize a 1/2 of a potato could do such damage....
DAYNSH is offline   Reply With Quote