South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default MONDAY, Say BYE to 2012 Chat

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

I should've slept in since I know I'm going to be up later than usual tonight, although I hardly ever make it til midnight. I do try, though!

We'll have our traditional cheese fondue and finger foods, and all the kids and grandkids will be here to spend the night, I hope. We normally get a lot of drop-ins, too, so it's looking to be a fun night.

What's everyone doing to celebrate New Year's Eve?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

We're not doing anything this year, Linda, but I hope you enjoy your time with family and friends! We've had friends over on New Year's Day, but I didn't expect the family to be home this year. DH just decided yesterday that he'll come home today to avoid some bad traveling, between weather and hungover drivers.

I went on an awesome run in the snow yesterday, I hadn't done it before, but it kicked my derriere!! Funny, when I make myself exercise, I always feel so much better. It's just the process of getting myself to do it sometimes!

I'm off to work - I'm taking my boss' place because I'm nice , then maybe lunch with a friend, and the fam home tonight.

Have a safe, enjoyable New Year's!!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, time to say "Bye" to 2012, the good and the bad. I never make NY resolutions but today is the day I finish all laundry, make sure all bills are paid and finish anything outstanding. The last one does not include quilting projects! (Linda, the last block of the 12 Days of Christmas quilt is going to Cuba with me.)

Joanne is having a big and elegant NY's Eve bash tonight. I need to dig out some party-party clothes and attend. It's just around the corner and partway to the Church so I'll be walking. Yak-Tracs are my fashion statement with my long skirt but I'll take along shoes to show some class. I probably won't last much past ten and will see the year in here with my furries if I manage to stay awake. .

Funny but I have the urge to un-decorate the house although I have always left things up until Epiphany. I may start putting things away today but will leave the Bling Tree until the 6th. I think it's a "Let's move on" reaction to having closed the Church yesterday.

Sipping Big Easy this morning and contemplating the next year. Wish you could join me.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy. Sounds like your DH has all his smarts. I think it's a wise decision to come home early. I avoid driving on NY's Day around here too. Nice of you to work for your boss.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  

I hope you have an easy day at work today, Tammy, and that your family has a safe trip home. I'm glad they'll be back in time to welcome in the new year with you.

Ruth, that's a very sensible fashion statement to wear your Yak-trax, and no one will see them but you under your long skirt. Just don't forget to put them back on for your walk back home again. I hope you have something reflective so you'll be seen while you're walking in the dark. Do be careful, and have fun at the party!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #6  

Oh! And, Ruth, I hope you manage to get that last block finished on your trip. I can't wait to see the finished quilt, it's going to be beautiful!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I cannot believe another year flew by!

We are expecting a few inches of snow today. I'm off to the gym with my mom this morning then cleaning house since tomorrow we host a belated Christmas for DH's family. (My last holiday food temptation of the season, and it will be an all-day-food-fest, is actually in the new year!)

I am not a reveler. We got invited to a party tonight but declined. I'll be asleep early, per usual, I'm sure, and will wake to hear neighbors screaming at midnight.

Happy new year to you all!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Linda! Have a great last day of the year!

Ruth, funny I had the urge to take down all my decorations yesterday, too....mine are staying up as well.

Karen, glad I don't have whooping neighbors at midnight!

Twynn, nice of you to work for your boss and I'm glad the fam is coming home early!

I'll be headed to Denver airport late this evening to p/u my sis and will be in bed 10 minutes after I get home. Boring, but I work tomorrow so at least the plan sounds sane.

Speaking of work...gotta run....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Very smart Tammy hubby coming home early. Even when I was married we didn't venture out on NYE. Besides I usually had to work lol. This year I am off!! Joe is coming down. We may to the movies (locally). I am making surf and turf. Currently there is a lobster on ice wrapped in a wet towel in my fridge. I was happy to find he did not relocate himself overnight.

I have training next week in Utica...that should be cold. So today the car is getting spoiled. New tires, oil change and a wheel alignment. Oh boy thus should be expensive. Just what I planned on doing after Christmas, spend more money lol.

Ruth I out away all my decorations already. I decorated early this year and I thought why not start the year with a clean house for a change.

Karen I hope the neighbors keep it down for you. We don't have any of that here.

Happy New Year! may it be a year filled with family, joy, happiness and smaller sizes for all
Old 12-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another slow morning here, I've enjoyed those this past week. I also prefer home on New Year's Eve. Everything is crowded, the drivers are scary, the prices are higher, and midnight is way past my bedtime I will spend the evening at home with my new beau eating Italian seafood stew, good Vermont cheese, mixed olives, and avocado dip and sipping champagne. I will try not to ruminate over the past year because, really, what difference does it make. It's been my year for challenges, I expect next year will be someone else's year. I will remember that and be grateful for all I have and have had in my life.

Cottage - I bet the kids love celebrating together.

Twynn - Logically I know it's just another night but I bet it's nice having the family back home.

Ruth - My Mom also instilled in us the importance of completing things on New Year's Eve so I will be cleaning up a bit around here. How nice to have a fancy party within walking distance and filled with people you know and like. Your descriptions make me want to move to Delta

Karen - I'm so glad my neighbors aren't close enough to hear. Hope your dreams are uninterrupted.

Now to enjoy my last coffee with coconut nog . All those temptations are gone at the stroke of midnight. Hope the last day of 2012 is filled with good things. I'm making sure mine is.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Debbie - Hope your day is just right and those New Year's tips are generous!

Jennifer - I wish I was going to my Mom's next week! I grew up in Utica then half an hour away (I am so Italian). What are you going to see?

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-31-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Cyndi. I am going to the NYS Dept of Homeland Security active shooter training. Doesn't that sound exciting lol. Training I hope and pray I never need. The site is in Orinasky and we stay in Utica. Any good recommendation for dinner? I'm a dummy I just read my earlier post lol you meant the movie. Geeze I need more coffee. Not sure yet. I'm pretty flexible. I would like to see the new Bette Mildler / Billy Crystal movie it looks cute.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

I'll ask my Mom what she recommends. I love Raspberries for breakfast but can't remember the last time I had dinner in Utica.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/227/160

Height: 5'-6"

Hi, Everyone! Got up early this morning and started in on cleaning right away; am trying to make up for all the cleaning, weeding and getting rid of stuff I did NOT end up doing these last two weeks. I also logged on to work to get some last minute approvals done to meet some year-end financial deadlines. I started feeling stressed out just thinking about going back on Wednesday

Our plans for New Years are pretty low key; my older one is out of state visiting his GF. My younger one (she'll be 17 in January) is still trying to decide what to do; we told her she could not have the car because it's icy and the roads are full of people partying and driving, so now she has to start "planning" all over again. (I say "planning" because technology has allowed teenagers to keep making plans up to and AFTER the start of whatever they are doing. Cell phones + teenage brains = never having to be the one to commit to a plan. Drives me nuts.) Twynn, your husband is smart to get home before all the crazy driving starts - bet that puts your mind at ease.

We're not NYE party types either, but we'll be joining some friends later on for their traditional fondue (cottage ... is this a thing? I never heard of fondue being associated with NYE.) I'm hoping there will be some veggies, but I'm planning to eat a regular meal before I go.

Hi, Ruth, Karen, Debbie, Jennifer, and Cyndi! Best New Year's wishes to all.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #15  

triplestep, I don't know if fondue is a traditional thing or not, but when we lived in Germany it was always served on New Year's Eve, and we enjoyed it so much that we've made it a regular NYE treat, too. With it being so full of fat and calories, it's one of those things you can only have once a year.
Closed Thread