South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday on The Beach, SBD Chat for 11/8

Everyone sleeping in this morning? I have coffee brewing, so wakey, wakey!

The grandkids were disappointed to wake up and see that we never got the 2-6" of snow that was predicted, but I can't say I'm sorry. I don't care if we don't see snow until Christmas.

Thank you for all the birthday greetings yesterday, and it turned out to be a very nice birthday. Today's my Friday, , and I'm going in a little later since I have to work late tonight. That will give me time to run through the house with the dustcloth and vacuum cleaner.

Who's ready for a cup of coffee?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm just about done with my first cup, about to pour my second. Glad your birthday Linda was pleasant...did Jake get you a good present?!?! I'm not sure I'd be ambitious as you to clean if I had a short amount of time off.

Yesterday was a nice (and lazy) day with the kids. Today is a long day, but I think the schedule is light so maybe I can catch up on my journals. So far, DH's job is going well too, which is nice. Nothing too exciting is going on, and I hope it stays that way!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am definitely NOT going to " run through the house with the dustcloth and vacuum cleaner" as Donna is due to come and clean later today. I am off for a haircut at 10 and sure hope she's been and gone by the time I get home so I can experience the thrill of walking into a clean house. I do the tidying beforehand but still .... I find when I'm here when she cleans I get too easily distracted so being away works. Just gotta get the timing right.

Started some barn clean-up yesterday afternoon to take advantage of the dumpster Paul dropped off. What a lot of junk and "junque" I have out there! Many, many years ago we had a yard sale here and I think we just packed up the remains and stuck them in the barn. I made the mistake of peeping into a box and discovered some silver plated pieces that didn't sell. I also have a trunk full of "office" clothing and two long dresses I made for formal weddings. It'll be hard to get rid of some of that stuff but I'll be strong. I watch "Hoarders" and can see myself heading that way!
Claire and Doug will give me a hand over the weekend which will be great - and also a reality check.

If you are getting snow, you may keep it. I am definitely NOT ready! (Is it a sign of old age to gripe about weather all the time?) I got my first seed catalogue in the mail yesterday - seems so wrong!

Wishing everyone a great day, not matter what the weather. One more day until the weekend for some of us.

ETA: at Tammy. Glad to hear the new job is going well for DH. We spend so much time at work, it's great if it can be enjoyable.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working out with my mom and trainer today. Starting next week we'll get back to our regular (Monday and Friday) schedule. This afternoon I have my mouth biopsy and if that doesn't run too late, then head to the lab to get my blood drawn. I can't remember the last time I didn't have to fast for blood work! I started a good book yesterday so am looking forward to reading for a bit today, too.

Have a great one, all.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, thanks ladies we got your snow lol. A good 4"!!! Which was enough to make the evening commute home horrendous. I did not get home from work until 9:15, we left at 5:45, need I say more LOL. I was extremely late for my scheduled pick up of groceries at ShopRite. They were very understanding and asked if I would be there by 1. My neighbor Jim is the best!! He sent me a text around 8, letting me know he walked and fed my doggies!! He really looks out for me since my divorce. He even shoveled a path for me from the garage to the house and down the driveway. I am truly fortunate to have them as neighbors and more importantly as friends.

Oh Natasha.....SO HAPPY for you. That is GREAT news. Hope you are having fun getting to know each other.

Karen, good luck today. BTW what book are you reading? I recently finished The Invisible Thread, which was very good. I enjoy books that invokes an emotional response. OK I am a sap!

Have a great snow free day
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage glad to hear that you had a good birthday after all

Twynn yeah for lazy days they do not come often and must be enjoyed

Ruth- I feel your pain it is hard to get rid of items that have memories attached but sometimes you just have to do it. Though when going through the closet last night DD1 found her Rothchild coat and a fancy dress I have saved from when she was 1 year old and that went into the save bucket for her

Karen hopefully the biopsy will be painless for you.

Jennifer that is an awful commute- glad you have such great neighbors. I hope everyone can stay warm there with no power.

Today I have meetings and then have to travel to a site for another meeting but today is my Friday I took tomorrow off from work since DD1 is off of school and I have days I am going to lose if I don't take before Dec. 15th. I still have one more day that I have not booked on the calenders I will just have to find a random day that works.

Natasha whewhoo girl have fun and enjoy getting to know each other. I am avoiding FB right now too politically for me and needs to calm down.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I had a nice bike ride yesterday and managed to stay OP, too. Pool this morning and other than recycling I'm going to try to get a hat knitted for granddaughter. It's a sunny morning but a bit cold. Yesterday was almost a record high in Denver.

Natasha, excited for you!

everyone else! I hear smoothies being made.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Beachy greetings from the beach. Spending a few days resting and relaxing now that the election is over. We are enjoying every moment (and every calorie) knowing Sunday Phase 1 and serious exercise resumes Not even mentioning the "w" word!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Karen, good luck today. BTW what book are you reading? I recently finished The Invisible Thread, which was very good. I enjoy books that invokes an emotional response. OK I am a sap!
I like action! I just finished "Trust Your Eyes" by Linwood Barclay. Before that I read John Grisham's new book.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks Karen
Closed Thread