South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Tues Election day beach chat Nov 6th!

Good morning chicks! Remember to get out and vote today (unless you already did!)...your vote is important!!

Good grief, this is the third (?) day in a row starting the daily thread. I wish I was still in bed! The coffee is brewing, I can't wait to start my cup. I did find some pumpkin spice coffee at wegman's the other day and had a cup - sorry chicks, didn't do anything for me. Maybe if it had sugar/syrup in it?

Today is looong again, and yesterday was too long too (although cool surgeries!!). I need to get some hoppin' john in the crock pot, get the kids to school (if DD is going...), vote sometime, and work my shift. I will earn my glass of wine tonight!

Anyone doing anything exciting today?

(and Ruth is right, Jekel - you're awesome!!)
Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We voted by mail in ballot...actually dropped them off at the courthouse over a week ago. Work today then travel this afternoon heading for some hot springs and relaxation.

Thanks for getting us started, Twynn. I hope you are home and enjoying your glass of wine before you know it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I'm leaving to vote just as soon as I finish my coffee. The polls open at 7, so I hope I'm in and out fast. I have a 9am doctor's appointment before going to the farm. Thank goodness I'm feeling better! I went to bed as soon as I got home last evening, and I think that's just what this cold needed.

Tammy, I don't care for regular ground Pumpkin Spice coffee, but the Green Mountain K-cup one for the Keurig is actually pretty good.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy. Nice to see the thread already started. I've actually been "sleeping in" until 6 since the time changed. Nice to see a glimmer in the south-east when I get up. I remembered not to set the heat way down last night so the house is toasty warm.

Long day yesterday with quilting biddies all morning and then off to the ortho in Kingston with my bum knee. He is going to give me shots in it starting this Friday to see if we can stave off the inevitable replacement. In the meantime, I need to be gentle with it and take some new meds. Anybody want to come up here and rake my leaves?

Wow! Just checked and the temp is 19ºF! Good thing I tracked down my winter coat. I have to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on Sunday (Remembrance Day) and sure hope it warms up a bit before then. I hope it's warmer in the States so you get a good turn-out on this Election Day.

Time for another coffee and decide what I'm going to make happen today. See y'all later.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Linda! Glad you are feeling a bit better but also glad you are going to the doc. Good for you to vote first thing and I hope you have a good day.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I'm glad I voted by mail already. Wish I could adjust to this time change. I'm off to see my third doctor in as many weeks this morning. Hopefully he'll be the last. If I have what my internist suspects, I won't get any answers today, just testing that takes time for results. Then I'm off to work this afternoon.

Have a great day.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #7  

Will be voting after work, after the gym, tonight!! Just checking in...still going strong on the beach. I keep starting phase 2 over, because I'm just not comfortable with it yet. Sort of like I saw one person post...phase 1.5 !! But, all is well, the scale is moving and I feel great. Gotta run...have a great day everyone!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning....Cyndi today is the day, bet you cannot wait for your planned getaway...Tammy, what time will you be serving wine? If not in person, I think I will partake myself tonight.

I won't be able to vote until later, much later. Contractually I get three hours to vote. Since the drive to and from my polling place would be over two hours, I will use "union rules" to leave a little early and vote on my way home. The governor signed special legislation allowing us to cast our vote in any polling place. However, this prohibits you from voting in local elections. Therefore, I will vote at my polling place.

Day 7 at work with 3 more to go. Really looking forward to sleeping past 4 am on Saturday and hopefully spending time with my son. I saw him briefly yesterday when he stopped by for his winter jacket. it's tough not having him home with me

Ruth...I hope the shots help. I get cortisone injections in my thumb for arthritis. They are not pleasant, but buy me a few months without pain, well worth it in my book. Linda and Karen...good luck with your doctor appointments.

Have a great day
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Starting a little late today because the busiest shift is late afternoon. I am off to vote than back to NH to get the vote out. There's no early voting there so today is the big day. I hope to be back home by 9 with my wine and blue cheese. It's going to be a long night for a junkie like me.

Tomorrow it's the coast (rain and high winds, but lobster, no work, and a hot tub. I'm sure we will get by!) for 4 days. Sunday I'm cracking the whip and getting seriously back on plan.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I drove today instead of taking the bus so I could vote and I did so it's done.

Jekel you are awesome and so all of the workers up there.

Today I am still going through the pile of work I need to get done, got a pretty good start yesterday. Tonight is Awana and maybe getting to some more of DDs room. Last night I got DD2 side of the closet cleaned out and sorted, the other side is like a bomb exploded but DD1 is 19 she can clean her own side of the room She promises to get to it this weekend if not I will assist by removing stuff out of the room.

Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread